Does Ripple Want The Price of XRP High?

3 minutes ago, bananas said:

Did you read the article? Do you understand Ripple's technology? 

It's clear that a bank/company does not have to use any meaningful amount of XRP to get the full benefits of the technology.

It is hard to judge if, assuming Ripple is adopted at meaningful scale globally (recent trends look good), banks/companies will use XRP or instead use another digital currency (BTC or digital fiat perhaps) that is more liquid and has a more stable value.

Banks using BTC?  Not likely.  I can't see any businesses using BTC in the future.  It's obsolete

Banks using BITCOIN HA HA HA HA HA that's the funniest Joke ever told by a crypto noob

yea I'm sure U.S government would let Banks use Chinese owned Bitcoin. Imagine if U.S and China get into a war and Chinese miners have to shut down... LOL you think this is a silly argument? It's not, that's how governments think. LONGGGGG TERM

Edited by rowling

27 minutes ago, 1todd960 said:

Banks using BTC?  Not likely.  I can't see any businesses using BTC in the future.  It's obsolete

Banks are trading BTC futures, Goldman just opened a crypto trading desk. Either way, this is beside the point: they don't have to use XRP.

6 minutes ago, bananas said:

Banks are trading BTC futures, Goldman just opened a crypto trading desk. Either way, this is beside the point: they don't have to use XRP.

Wow. It hurts my hurt how clueless you are. "Banks Trading BTC futures" LMAO. you are literally clueless tho, don't get offended. 

12 minutes ago, rowling said:

Wow. It hurts my hurt how clueless you are. "Banks Trading BTC futures" LMAO. you are literally clueless tho, don't get offended. 

I work in finance. I've worked for a bank regulator and an investment bank.

Investment banks are very likely trading BTC futures bro. And they will increasingly hold some amount of crypto: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-12-21/goldman-is-said-to-be-building-a-cryptocurrency-trading-desk

7 hours ago, mDuo13 said:

¹For the record, I strongly believe that "this rate" is an unsustainable bubble.

Truth. Savvy crypto enthusiasts are looking for the assets that have a sliver of a hope of surviving the crash. All assets will likely take a hit but many won't survive the extinction.

3 hours ago, bananas said:

It's clear that a bank/company does not have to use any meaningful amount of XRP to get the full benefits of the technology.

This is inaccurate- full benefits of the technology include XRP, which brings an additional 30% cost savings. (50% more than not using XRP)

6 hours ago, cmbartley said:

Truth. Savvy crypto enthusiasts are looking for the assets that have a sliver of a hope of surviving the crash. All assets will likely take a hit but many won't survive the extinction.

Well it didn't take long for the crash to happen...

@cmbartley I know it is quite out of subject here but I am searching for help , I've got a ripple address I created with gatehub , the problem is now I can't transact with it but have access to the funds as I know the keys , some flags were modified I don't know why by gatehub I suppose : masterkey disabled and a regular key is set. Do you think it would be possible to transact using multisign ? What do you think of this issue ? 

thank you @cmbartleyfor reading and sorry for the inconvenience 

On 12/22/2017 at 1:38 AM, alma10 said:

@cmbartley I know it is quite out of subject here but I am searching for help , I've got a ripple address I created with gatehub , the problem is now I can't transact with it but have access to the funds as I know the keys , some flags were modified I don't know why by gatehub I suppose : masterkey disabled and a regular key is set. Do you think it would be possible to transact using multisign ? What do you think of this issue ? 

thank you @cmbartleyfor reading and sorry for the inconvenience 

I wish I could help. I think you'll have to wait for Gatehub to get back to you. @klasurekar @gatehub @enej are on this site occasionally but they seem too overloaded to prioritize individual cases right now. Gatehub seems to have changed how they issued Ripple wallets for a period of time and this prevented users from using their secret key to withdraw XRP as their reported secret key would map to a different public key. If you have your secret key I would try accessing your account via theworldexchange.com (verify that web address, I'm writing here from memory) or using the Rippex wallet to see if your secret maps to your public address. If you go with worldexchange do not use the Safari browser. I don't personally use Gatehub anymore although when I did I was able to access my xrp from other wallets. Let us know how it works out. I think @gatehubwould do well to explain ever step to users VERY carefully before the perform an action. It's concerning how many people on Twitter are under the impression that Gatehub is holding their last 20xrp against their will. Also makes me worry that users are signing up for Gatehub for the free xrp without any intent of using the exchange. If so, Gatehubs cost per customer acquisition is 20xrp (currently $20) without any expectation of future revenue from that user... They're flushing $ down the toilet and creating unnecessary ledger bloat.

Well thank you very much @cmbartley for your detailed explanation , actually my public key does match my secret key the problem is my secret key has been disabled and a regular key has been set without my knowledge, by the way I have access to the full xrp and I see no other transactions except mine ,  I tried to withdraw to another address using gatehub ripplerm or the minimalist ripple client but nothing happened. I am sure I did not leak my secret, and if a thief has it why didn't he take the funds immediatly ? , it's been a while my secret key was disabled, I send them lots of tickets but no serious answer. I presume gatehub is taking hold of my xrp and may steal my funds.

Edited by alma10

On 12/21/2017 at 12:40 PM, bananas said:

except it doesn't have a *necessary* use case

financial institutions can use a different more liquid and stable currency and still completely benefit from ripple's blockchain tech

https://multicoin.capital/2017/12/20/bear-case-xrp-bitcoin-futures-edition/

If you're going to FUD you got to do a better job. There are better ways but I won't do your job for you.