AlexCobb

Does Ripple Want The Price of XRP High?

sorry for not posting an actual written post in a while, been busy with youtube stuff and talking with the guys on discord, got to talk to @JoelKatzfor the first time! which resulted in me falling asleep at 2am. so heres what i asked and here is what he said which gave me even more confidence to hodl xrp.

5a3bf8ac8e986_ScreenShot2017-12-21at12_05_37AM.png.13d84e8ae6adb457c2832dd348101308.png

6 minutes ago, calex960 said:

sorry for not posting an actual written post in a while, been busy with youtube stuff and talking with the guys on discord, got to talk to @JoelKatzfor the first time! which resulted in me falling asleep at 2am. so heres what i asked and here is what he said which gave me even more confidence to hodl xrp.

5a3bf8ac8e986_ScreenShot2017-12-21at12_05_37AM.png.13d84e8ae6adb457c2832dd348101308.png

Hey Calex, can you share the discord chanel link please. I'd like to join.

1 minute ago, calex960 said:

crap sorry, i basically asked (rough quote) " how is xrp going to rise without volatility"

Does his answer, in a way, say they are controlling the price to a degree?

Even if most if it is locked away in escrow for a while, Ripple has over 55 billion XRP in assets. Of course the company wants XRP to go up in value.

Think about it. XRP was worth USD $0.0064 at this time last year, per CoinMarketCap. Now it's $1.08. The company's assets went from being worth ~$350 million to being worth almost $60 billion in one year. That's a lot of value for shareholders, employees, early investors, and the future of the company. Think of how many more employees Ripple can hire, or how many more promotions Ripple can hold to increase adoption and spread of XRP with those assets.

At this rate¹, the internet of value will pay for itself.

¹For the record, I strongly believe that "this rate" is an unsustainable bubble. I'm not sure where we'll be when it bursts, but Ripple has strong fundamentals so we're going to keep working on increasing the spread and utility of XRP. It sure makes it harder to plan a sustainable business model when the market is highly volatile, though.