Toroth

What to do with a million $ worth of xrp?

10 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

What is more lifechanging than being able to change the life of others. I will do just that.

I can feel your elation, however... An approximate quote: "Statistics shows, that trying to improve lives of others brings about at least 25 times more misery, than doing nothing". /Stanislaw Lem "Altruisine"/

Enjoy, this is rather precise quote (machine translated from original): "As I understand it, you want us to make everyone happy. This subject was thoroughly investigated by us about fifteen hundred centuries ago. It is divided into felicitology, sudden, that is, unexpected, and gradual, that is, evolutionary. Evolutionary is not to move a finger in the belief that every civilization will somehow manage to cope with its sores; in a sudden way, you can be implanted with happiness either by good or by force. The implantation of happiness entails, as calculations show, at best a hundredfold, and at worst - eight hundredfold greater woes than deviation from any activity. /Stanislaw Lem "Altruisine"/

Edited by rom
Inserted text

I am a orphan, for me it's going to be lobbyist's, lawyers and three social issues, two of which have dramatically affected the lives of me and others and will continue to affect more. 
I've had much more than my fair-share of Inquests and Commissions, I'm not afraid of state or federal gov's and I have already made my way into a few history books housed in my nations national archives. 
The interesting thing is the longer it takes policy to address these changes, the less it will cost.

Edited by robertbruce
forgotten

10 minutes ago, robertbruce said:

I am a orphan, for me it's going to be three social issues, two of which have dramatically affected the lives of me and others and will continue to affect more. 
I've had much more than my fair-share of Inquests and Commissions, I'm not afraid of state or federal gov's and I have already made my way into a few history books housed in my nations national archives. 
The interesting thing is the longer it takes policy to address these changes, the less it will cost.

You made me curious about the three social issues. Maybe its me, not being a native speaker, but I have no clue what you’re talking about. Care to elaborate? 

I appreciate all of these responses, even though it is easy to drift from Toroth's original topic intent of a material thing we would buy. I want a music studio in my house, complete with a sound proof recording room and all the gear. Then I suppose I should learn how to play an instrument, yo.

That being said, of course, I want more time with the people I care about; the freedom that comes with the responsibility of having wealth is earned though an upgrade of character - for me that's going to the real work, yo.

I also want to open a food kitchen for the hungry that's non-government funded in the center of a metropolis somewhere.

2 minutes ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

You made me curious about the three social issues. Maybe its me, not being a native speaker, but I have no clue what you’re talking about. Care to elaborate? 

i edited, i hope that was enough

Guest ripplehodlr

In my case, I would have 2.4 million (before taxes). I still plan on completing my BA degree, and I guess I would still work but on my terms. I've already started working on drafting a will and trust. We all know what we'll do if XRP does nothing, and that is easy thinking - knowing what to do when it goes up is a challenge. I definitely would be things super under the radar, more so when it goes above $500.

18 hours ago, rom said:

I can feel your elation, however... An approximate quote: "Statistics shows, that trying to improve lives of others brings about at least 25 times more misery, than doing nothing". /Stanislaw Lem "Altruisine"/

Enjoy, this is rather precise quote (machine translated from original): "As I understand it, you want us to make everyone happy. This subject was thoroughly investigated by us about fifteen hundred centuries ago.

I read many of Stainslaws fantasy and science fiction books when I was young. Not sure though he’s a good rolmodel in real life 

Politically, he could fall prey to an cold anti-humanism. His enthusiasm for Vladimir Putin (“He’s what the people want,” he declared), his sexism, and his indifference towards issues of race and class except in the most general anthopological sense all bespoke an unwillingness to be engaged in normative ethical debates. This is not unusual for science-fiction. 

Btw: you know that you’re quoting a science fiction story about a super race and that the statistics mentioned are pure fantasy, don’t you?