Toroth

What to do with a million $ worth of xrp?

I've played this scenario several times in my head and I think I'm at a point in my life where I don't want stuff... I just want to be free. I want to wake up every morning turn to my wife and ask her, "what do you want to do today?" Every morning. And not worry about getting to work at a certain time.

Now, considering that the cost of living in my home is probably lower than yours, I think $300k ought to do it. It's not going to be a glamorous life, but it will be enough for a life where I have more time for my family. 

I do try to keep a level head as to where prices will go (I think $2-3 is realistic, $5-10 is very optimistic, anything more than that is stretching it... but this is one of the few times where I hope to the high heavens that I'm proven wrong) but every once in a while, I do let my mind wander and dream. Which is why I've renamed my wallet to "Retiring in 2018 Fund." I'm posting this here to, in a way, send a message to the universe and claim it. 

I hope everyone here finds what they're looking for and may the odds be ever in our favor. 

10 minutes ago, Skullworm said:

I've played this scenario several times in my head and I think I'm at a point in my life where I don't want stuff... I just want to be free. I want to wake up every morning turn to my wife and ask her, "what do you want to do today?" Every morning. And not worry about getting to work at a certain time.

Now, considering that the cost of living in my home is probably lower than yours, I think $300k ought to do it. It's not going to be a glamorous life, but it will be enough for a life where I have more time for my family. 

I do try to keep a level head as to where prices will go (I think $2-3 is realistic, $5-10 is very optimistic, anything more than that is stretching it... but this is one of the few times where I hope to the high heavens that I'm proven wrong) but every once in a while, I do let my mind wander and dream. Which is why I've renamed my wallet to "Retiring in 2018 Fund." I'm posting this here to, in a way, send a message to the universe and claim it. 

I hope everyone here finds what they're looking for and may the odds be ever in our favor. 

Refreshing to read this after all the idiotic 'lambo' chatter.  Let's hope you reach your goal and perhaps beyond.

2 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

What is more lifechanging than being able to change the life of others. I will do just that.

That"s so true.

I really really hope all the best for all Ripple Holders.

I am praying to Jesus to change the life off my wife,she working so hard.

Also to change the lifes of others.

No lambo for me ,.....I am satisfied with a cup of tea at Delfshaven Rotterdam Netherlands.

But I am scared about these exchangers what a mess is it there ............

Edited by 21x2

I agree guys, I enjoy my 15 year old hooptie daily driver. We have like a bond from me fixing it and replacing its burned oil and coolant lol

This next year is plan to work on my health. And after that work on my education, I have a profession in mind I need to make a reality.

After that I would like to do some volunteer/charity work abroad with that profession, I think I can do a lot of good.

Edited by PaulKim

20 minutes ago, 21x2 said:

No lambo for me ,.....I am satisfied with a cup of tea at Delfshaven Rotterdam Netherlands.

But I am scared about these exchangers what a mess is it there ............

That's wonderful!  Don't worry, the exchanges will sort it out.  What an opportunity for Coinbase to come in

and restore order.

Thank You 

All of you believe me.

I have been on Palm Island Dubai and I have seen so physical emptyness .

I have met a lady living with her husband in a million dollar Villa she doesn"t see anyone.

Your family ,your kids ,it"s more then $ on your bank account.

I pray for it that day will come I"ll still stand with both feet on the ground.

Even not and I just have 1 icecream at the end still  @JoelKatz and all off the Ripple employees are always welcome for a cup of coffee and I will show them the Netherlands.

Edited by 21x2

12 minutes ago, 21x2 said:

Thank You 

All of you believe me.

I have been on Palm Island Dubai and I have seen so physical emptyness .

I have met a lady living with her husband in a million dollar Villa she doesn"t see anyone.

Your family ,your kids ,it"s more then $ on your bank account.

I pray for it that day will come I"ll still stand with both feet on the ground.

Even not and I just have 1 icecream at the end still  @JoelKatz and all off the Ripple employees are always welcome for a cup of coffee and I will show them the Netherlands.

Years ago as an engineer I visited the laboratory in Arnhem for some high-power testing and they could not have been more

gracious and accommodating. They served coffee and excellent snacks on a silver service!  In the US they point you toward the

coffee machine.  I have fond memories visiting much of the Netherlands.

Edited by XRP_FER_ME

OK, so I've thought about this and it all depends on where XRP price ends up, but based on my current investment in XRP I've come up with some ideas of what I would do with the cash based on what the ultimate value of XRP is.

$5 XRP - I can build the loft extension on my house that we desperately need so family can come stay.

$10 XRP - Build the loft extension and put some cash in the bank for a rainy day

$15 XRP - as above, but with a very, very nice holiday thrown in. Also, pay off a chunk of the mortgage

$50 XRP - Clear the mortgage, renovate house, put the remainder into my pension pot

$100 XRP - Clear the mortgage, renovate the house etc. even bigger pension pot, thinking about early retirement in 10 years (age 55)

$200 XRP - Do the above and quit my job. Will still need to generate income so have thought about property development. I'd cash buy and renovate properties for resale.

$300 XRP - Totally life changing. Quit my job and tell my boss exactly what I think of him as I would never need to work again! Spend my time with my family and loved ones without the pressure of having to work until I drop to keep a roof over their heads.

$500 XRP - OK, we're getting silly now....

Personally, I would be delighted if it got to $10! Anything beyond that is pure fantasy, but hey, we can all dream!

I agree with @Skullworm , my wife and I are in this to be free.  We want to have the time spend with our children, we want to be there for every event, every stumble, every game, every everything. We also want to have a comfortable life, being able to maintain our current lifestyle without work, other than our own personal endeavors. A second goal is to have enough $ where our children can feel free to pursue a career they enjoy, without the hindrance of worrying about salary. Don't get me wrong, they have to work, but if they want to be an artist, a social worker, a scientist, or hold a public position, I don't want money to deter them from following what makes them happy. I have spent a career doing something I didn't really enjoy, and I will never fall victim to that again, nor allow anyone else to if I can prevent it.

I´m very happy with my middle-class life. No need to change. Like you I can´t understand those lambo freaks. The only thing I´d like to buy is this modest low-key beauty with some fixes to be street-legal :P

911-991-2-gt3-cup-01-copyright-porsche.jpg.6f8f4902435288399c8ec6f76dfd9223.jpg

1 hour ago, JaseEffect said:

... A second goal is to have enough $ where our children can feel free to pursue a career they enjoy, without the hindrance of worrying about salary. Don't get me wrong, they have to work, but if they want to be an artist, a social worker, a scientist, or hold a public position, I don't want money to deter them from following what makes them happy. I have spent a career doing something I didn't really enjoy, and I will never fall victim to that again, nor allow anyone else to if I can prevent it.

This.

I was never brave enough to fight for my dream of being an artist because of the fear of struggling to make money. That is a great gift to be able to give your children.

I am so thankful that I still have a lot of years ahead of me, and that the recent rise in XRP has already given me enough money that I can drop everything right now and give it a shot before its too late and I regret it forever!

Edited by Morgan