Sign in to follow this  
tomb

Blockchain platform WAVES partners with 'Swiss knife' Bitcoin wallet Mycelium

They are going to steal the Ripple concept and then have the balls to call it "Waves"? 

Source:
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/blockchain-platform-waves-partners-swiss-knife-bitcoin-wallet-mycelium-1558914

Core to the WAVES platform is the ability to issue, transfer, and exchange custom blockchain tokens – including those tied to national currencies through market-making services provided by fiat gateways. Besides liquidity provision and exchange services, gateways will also manage AML/KYC policies, so that decentralised blockchain value transfers are fully compliant. Fiat-equivalent tokens will be used for anything from remission to decentralised crowdfunding, said a statement.

Edited by karlos
edited for copyright

Some clever people on this forum could probably setup Waves 2.0 and do a crowdsale in the morning but walking in to several multinational's and brokering serious business takes a bit more time I'd like to think!

22 hours ago, tomb said:

They are going to steal the Ripple concept and then have the balls to call it "Waves"? 

It's 2016 and there's only been one Ripple copy-cat.  I'm actually quite amazed.  With Bitcoin, I lost count six months into 2013.  The knock-offs of Bitcoin were obvious get-rich quick attempts unless they offered something new.

It looks like the only thing WAVE offers is competition for Ripple as an identical clone. 

I won't underestimate them, in particular because of the cooperation with http://mycelium.com.  Customers are attracted by the frontend, not the backend. Mycelium brings some 100k of users, merchant integration and some security device. Something like Mycelium is missing for Ripple. With a Ripple DAO, I would have made the proposal to "buy them" with XRP....