XRPTipBot for xrpchat.com?

Wietse

I'll start using it in the larger subreddits when the /u/xrptipbot-account is past the 30-day registration limit, so automod doesn't remove the xrptipbot-reply confirmation of the tip + links to the tipbot-account :) At /r/xrp and /r/ripple the xrptipbot-account is already fully active.

I'm going to take a look at it closer over the next week or so when I get the chance. I don't reddit much but I might load 5 xrp up on it and 'tip' a few good posts I see on places like askscience,, worldnews, politics with one xrp each.

@xrptipbot I love you man.

I have been whinnying about the lack of tip jar, a feature that existed on the old forum but not possible with this ones software/ setup. I believe @karlos has already expressed an interest when it was brought up in yesteryears

I will have to review, but the biggest concern before the forum could endorse the idea would be 1) community safety, 2) protection against abuse, 3) extra mod work (scolding all those that would neg/ scam), etc. Not insurmountable but something to keep in mind

@Mercury Great! Regarding safety: the XRP Tip Bot will just scan reactions (there's a public feed for that, it'll crawl it once a minute), and if mentioned, It'll handle the transaction. Only thing to make it more fun is if the Tip Bot is able to send a reaction or PB to the sender + receiver to confirm (or the sender to let him/her know their balance is insufficient). To do this, I'd suggest the free oauth-server plugin that's freely available for Invision Community. This plugin allows selected user accounts (like xrptipbot) to submit posts programmatically in the context of the calling user.

Just now, xrptipbot said:

@Mercury Great! Regarding safety: the XRP Tip Bot will just scan reactions (there's a public feed for that, it'll crawl it once a minute), and if mentioned, It'll handle the transaction. Only thing to make it more fun is if the Tip Bot is able to send a reaction or PB to the sender + receiver to confirm (or the sender to let him/her know their balance is insufficient). To do this, I'd suggest the free oauth-server plugin that's freely available for Invision Community. This plugin allows selected user accounts (like xrptipbot) to submit posts programmatically in the context of the calling user.

The exact details would have to be discussed with @karlos, but I am liking what I am seeing so far.

Cleaver bit about the KYC there, the maximum monthly withdraw should avoid a lot of complications in a lot of jurisdictions. Should also help with other nefarious and annoying users.

Maybe take a gander at the some of the forum discussions on payment plugins for sites (ie. wordpress), some the existing plugins need updates or new versions. Seems a 'merchant' version of this would also work as a check out payment option, no?

1 minute ago, Mercury said:

Maybe take a gander at the some of the forum discussions on payment plugins for sites (ie. wordpress), some the existing plugins need updates or new versions. Seems a 'merchant' version of this would also work as a check out payment option, no?

Will do, I was already considering developing some user friendly and good looking plugins, for Shopify, WooCommerce (Wordpress), Magento, etc. (if not available or outdated). Most of the e-commerce software is open source / open for plugins. (Shopify is big and not that open. I contacted Shopify, and they won't allow new payment gateways.)

I'm thinking of making it generic too, by offering a "wallet watcher": enter a wallet, enter a URL and I'll watch for transactions and send webhooks on XRP in/out.

1 minute ago, Mercury said:

Cleaver bit about the KYC there, the maximum monthly withdraw should avoid a lot of complications in a lot of jurisdictions. Should also help with other nefarious and annoying users.

2 hours ago, xrptipbot said:

Hi all!

I'm /u/pepperew at reddit, I'm a software developer & Ripple / XRP enthousiast. Last week I decided to develop the XRP Tip Bot for reddit. You can send small amounts of XRP by mentioning /u/xrptipbot in a reaction. The user you reply to receives your mentioned amount of XRP in his/her TipBot-account. If the user doesn't have a TipBot account, the XRP will be saved for whenever the user decides to login at https://www.xrptipbot.com.

At this website (https://www.xrptipbot.com) users can check their balance, review their tips (incoming/outgoing) and deposit small amounts of XRP (to send tips) or withdraw their received tips to their own wallet. The tips, deposits and withdrawals are instant (XRP ledger FTW!), the tip-history is public (https://www.xrptipbot.com/stats) and the wallet is (of course) public. I'll start open-sourcing parts of the application next week.

So. That's reddit. How about getting the XRP Tip Bot to xrpchat!? I'd love to spend another day or so to develop this! I'd love to hear what you think about this, and what @karlos thinks about it ;)

This is a great idea!  Great for social network tips and interactions!  Somebody from Japan created one for XRP as well - on Twitter. 

I can't wait to use this more on Reddit, and hopefully (pending a review by @karlos) here too as well. 

The first tip I give will be to the individual that created the tip application!  :viannen_89:

Okay... so wanted to drop a line and say.. I've registered and it was very easy.  It uses your Reddit login, and is very smooth. 

I deposited a nominal amount of XRP in my "tag" (a.k.a. account) and was up and tipping people on Reddit minutes later. 

Awesome idea & I hope it catches on.  :)

11 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Okay... so wanted to drop a line and say.. I've registered and it was very easy.  It uses your Reddit login, and is very smooth. 

I deposited a nominal amount of XRP in my "tag" (a.k.a. account) and was up and tipping people on Reddit minutes later. 

Awesome idea & I hope it catches on.  :)

That’s great to hear Hodor...I’m looking forward to registering through xrpchat login if we get it here.