jn_r

Creator of Bitcoin digital cash reveals identity

22 minutes ago, Mercury said:

True. Might make a big difference if he has to pay the difference of bitcoin at $10 vs. $1000... anyways- some other persons headache

A good problem to have :)

Do you know, is he saying he has access to all btc?  I thought the story was that Dave Kleiman, who passed away, held the 1.1million btc on a usb drive he kept on him at all times.  It also stated he encrypted it making it probably impossible to get into. 

Guest Haydentiff

The trust fund PDF signed by Wright’s late friend David Kleiman keeps those coins locked in place until 2020, yet gives Wright the freedom to borrow them for applications including “research into peer-to-peer systems” and “commercial activities that enhance the value and position of bitcoin.”

https://www.wired.com/2015/12/bitcoins-creator-satoshi-nakamoto-is-probably-this-unknown-australian-genius/

And the mystery deepens. What is going on guys!? I'm not a coder so I don't understand any of this btw. Why is this guy claiming to be SN and apparently failing at it while Gavin and Matonis believe him?

Maybe its all an elaborate scheme to get on with the block size scaling. Now that we know Satoshi aka Craig Wright wants to increase block size and so does Gavin. Some pressure being felt perhaps to get the show on the road and what better way to help it than the creator outing himself as pro for block size increase. :lol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4hiiii/the_economist_reports_that_wright_favors/

Edited by anotherscott

Guest Haydentiff
1 hour ago, anotherscott said:

What is going on guys!? I'm not a coder so I don't understand any of this btw.

This is a decent explanation:

https://github.com/patio11/wrightverification

"Wright's post is flimflam and hokum which stands up to a few minutes of cursory scrutiny, and demonstrates a competent sysadmin's level of familiarity with cryptographic tools, but ultimately demonstrates no non-public information about Satoshi."

Just curious, has anybody else - other then Craig Wright - claimed himself to be Satoshi Nakamoto? Afaik he is the only one..

5 minutes ago, tommytrain said:

Another solid debunking I believe @nikb called the replay attack earlier?

Wonder why somebody firmly wants to be someone else and this way becomes a person that, worst case, owes a few hundred millions to his local tax office.
That's, the least to say, odd :unsure:

36 minutes ago, tommytrain said:

Another solid debunking I believe @nikb called the replay attack earlier?

I did find the Sartre text and could get it into a view exactly with the 14% 'more'. But of course it didn't add up to the sha256sum provided. 

Looking forward to his next post. Maybe (highly speculative and unlikely) he will prove Sha256 to be not save and is able to create a 'Sartre' document leading to a colliding hash:

I will leave it to a later post to detail the mathematics associated with collision detection. It is important to note though that there are an incredibly large number of colliding values associated with each hash but that the probability of finding two colliding values or determining them in advance is infinitesimally small. Next week, I will follow-up with a post based on combinatorics and probability theory demonstrating the likelihood of finding collisions for “secure” hashing algorithms.