New(ish) to Ripple? Here's a refresher course on how it works.

will4star

Hey Ripple Community!

I have been creating altcoin reviews for different altcoins and finally reached Ripple. Pretty amazed by the tech what is behind the project. If you are interested in my Ripple article check it out here: https://cryptofalka.hu/altcoin-ismerteto/kedvenc-altcoin-ripple-ismerteto/

Unfortunately only in hungarian language yet, but working on the english version as well. ;) 

Cheers from Hungary 

1 hour ago, Eatpreylove said:

Hey guys, a newbie here.. I'm really interested in buying coins how do I go about it

You’ll need to create an account at an exchange first of all. I recommend Bitstamp but it doesn’t offer a lot of other tokens. Coinbase is also another popular exchange with more tokens available and Binance even more so again. You can create an account at all of the above and send tokens from one exchange to the other.

On 12/14/2017 at 7:43 AM, will4star said:

Good morning all!

Have you recently heard about Ripple? Are you deciding if you should invest some of your hard-earned money in XRP? Or have you been around for many years, holding and enjoying the recent price rises? Whoever you are and where ever you're from, it is important to keep up-to-date and know exactly what you're investing in so you can make sound decisions, and not be swept away in the feverish torrents of hype that do so often engulf the crypto space. So I will be posting a few videos and links here from around this wonderful forum, Youtube, and various other places around the interweb so good folk like to can refresh your knowledge on all things Ripple. At the end, there will be an exam, and if you fail that exam @karlos will ban you from the internet,  there may even be a few fun little quiz questions you can ask your soon-to-be-estranged friends around the dinner table at Christmas, or yourself at 4 o'clock in the morning as you sit rocking in front of your screen watching charts. Because who ever said crypto wasn't a healthy social experience!?

So without further ado, pull up your socks, pour an alcopop and put down your fidget spinner, because I have just the video for you -- "Ripple Tech Talk: Understanding Consensus (Mar 2015)"  by in-house genius @JoelKatz

(Length: ~60 mins;  Difficulty: 3/5;  Importance: High)

This video shows up as "private", any other way to see it?

3 hours ago, raynaldomoses said:

This video shows up as "private", any other way to see it?

Its your lucky day, that video is most likely old and irrelevant now any how since it was posted at the end of 2017.

Ill update you on whats happened since then, here you go:

FED3D158-18E5-4AFB-BAC4-65A8A4E634A6.thu

Edited by LetHerRip

Aside from speculation, no one knows why XRP went that high. People patiently wait thinking it might happen again. For all we know, it was some computer glitch which was patched. I’ve heard people call XRP a stable coin which is nothing of the sort. 

People have been relying on a single company called Ripple to positively influence the XRP price. However, over the years of watching their progress, they barely can put a team together to build a Wordpress website. I wouldn’t count on them bringing any value to a digital asset, but they do strike me as a team of great car salesmen.

Edited by Scout

• 5 months later...
10 minutes ago, LucasWilson said:

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I would be glad if smn will compass me on this forum. :friends:At my company we are considering investment in XPR now, and I know a little about It. From what discussion to start with to better understand? 

What part are you wanting to understand? What ripple do? What xrp is? 

How does crypto work or?