will4star

New(ish) to Ripple? Here's a refresher course on how it works.

Hi! Thank you for posting the video about Consensus, I sure have learnt a lot!

1 hour ago, Arenys said:

Hello Ripple Friends, 

I am so excited to be here, I believe that Ripple might hold a bright future. 

Yes, I also believe Ripple to hit the moon!

On 12/14/2017 at 5:43 PM, will4star said:

Good morning all!

Have you recently heard about Ripple? Are you deciding if you should invest some of your hard-earned money in XRP? Or have you been around for many years, holding and enjoying the recent price rises? Whoever you are and where ever you're from, it is important to keep up-to-date and know exactly what you're investing in so you can make sound decisions, and not be swept away in the feverish torrents of hype that do so often engulf the crypto space. So I will be posting a few videos and links here from around this wonderful forum, Youtube, and various other places around the interweb so good folk like to can refresh your knowledge on all things Ripple. At the end, there will be an exam, and if you fail that exam @karlos will ban you from the internet,  there may even be a few fun little quiz questions you can ask your soon-to-be-estranged friends around the dinner table at Christmas, or yourself at 4 o'clock in the morning as you sit rocking in front of your screen watching charts. Because who ever said crypto wasn't a healthy social experience!?

So without further ado, pull up your socks, pour an alcopop and put down your fidget spinner, because I have just the video for you -- "Ripple Tech Talk: Understanding Consensus (Mar 2015)"  by in-house genius @JoelKatz

(Length: ~60 mins;  Difficulty: 3/5;  Importance: High)

@will4star Thank you for posting this. I've just finished watching the video. Very insightful to say the least. 

I am here as a direct result of @Hodor blog posts. I am one of the guys who used to refer to XRP as a 'bankster' or 'banker' coin for years. I then stumbled upon one of Hodor's blog posts, this one to be exact: https://xrpcommunity.blog/proof-of-work-cryptos-will-be-left-behind/ It resonated with me on a level where I didn't have to sacrifice my intellectual honesty in order to agree. It made sense on so many levels. I've since then started to look into both Ripple and XRP in my spare time. I like what I've seen so far to the point where I even rolled my XLM into XRP as there is no doubt in my mind that XRP is going to blow our socks off. 

On 1/28/2019 at 10:24 AM, Arenys said:

What attracts you most in XRP?

Ripple is Very good, And One more thing, XRP is the long term investment, not
short term. The team behind this technology is awesome.

Main Advantages: 
Very faster than other Cryptos
Transaction fees are less.
Bank payments across the borders.

They use the term ledger instead of the blockchain. Ripple seems to get integrated with Banks and Financial services, hence Ripple has the potential to be most widely used and cryptocurrencies with most user-friendly features. 

On 2/13/2019 at 12:32 PM, Crypt0Pro said:

Ripple is Very good, And One more thing, XRP is the long term investment, not
short term. The team behind this technology is awesome.

Main Advantages: 
Very faster than other Cryptos
Transaction fees are less.
Bank payments across the borders.

They use the term ledger instead of the blockchain. Ripple seems to get integrated with Banks and Financial services, hence Ripple has the potential to be most widely used and cryptocurrencies with most user-friendly features. 

I believe that the speed of transactions is one of the biggest advantages of XRP

On 2/25/2019 at 5:16 AM, Crypt0Pro said:

Yes, this one is the main advantage too. 

Because nowadays there are many platforms but hardly any of them can compare to Ripple in terms of speed

On 3/22/2019 at 2:27 PM, Arenys said:

Because nowadays there are many platforms but hardly any of them can compare to Ripple in terms of speed

That's right! As you mentioned already, they made great strides to high-speed transactions. 

On 5/16/2019 at 2:41 PM, Crypt0Pro said:

That's right! As you mentioned already, they made great strides to high-speed transactions. 

I think Ripple has one of the highest processing speed. ETH as well