Jump to content

What do you think of Verge (XVG)?


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, WrathofKahneman said:

Yeah, just waiting for a good time to get out at this point.  My eye is on COLX for privacy coins at this point.  XVG seems too unprofessional.  I suppose there will be a boost if what was released is put into practice and people notice the utility, but man,  what a bumpy , pajama-filled road.

Looking interesting, what makes you look at COLX?

Tried to do some quick research but there official website (https://colossuscoin.org) is out of the air as far as I can see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I take it as a money-making investment that will allow me to get some extra XRPs. Just having some fun in the meantime. Still, most of my portfolio is XRP.  Best of luck. 

Waiting on this Wraith Protocol which is supposed to be released by the end of the year. Otherwise this might tank soon.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, BlackBox88 said:

Guess i wont be touching anything of this hot or well better said cold stuff anytime soon yet ;) 

I'd say it's more like hot garbage.

The established privacy coins like ZEC and XMR are simply better - look up comparisons between these networks at the blockchain level. Most of what XVG markets as extra features are really things you can do over any other BTC-derived coin (or BTC itself) i.e. connect via Tor, use SPV or stealth addresses. All been done with BTC in 2014 already.

As for wraith protocol - I'm still waiting for an explanation why a "private ledger" is supposed to be a good idea. If it's private, who's authorizing you or your transactions over there. Why would you want to expose a supposedly private transaction to a 3rd party that authorizes you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, BlackBox88 said:

Looking interesting, what makes you look at COLX?

Tried to do some quick research but there official website (https://colossuscoin.org) is out of the air as far as I can see.

Ouch, well that's new :lol:

It was recommended to me but someone I trust so I started reading up.  It is a fork of PIVX with a some improvements (iirc, geared towards speed).  First, it is dirt cheap but seems designed for large circulation.  Even at .$01 market cap is only like $50million.  The other thing is they are on only 2 tiny exchanges.  My hunch is that if it makes it to even just one large exchange, it would show solid gains.  I don't know if it will ever moon, but if I can get in under a penny on a currency that has PIVX potential - even $2 makes it worthwhile.  Also, they say they will burn the high circulation.

But - I'm not trying to promote it; still making my mind up.  It is tiny and doesn't seem to have much muscle trying to get the word out.  Not a shitcoin, but not a sure thing, either.

 

Edited by WrathofKahneman
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, corak said:

I'd say it's more like hot garbage.

The established privacy coins like ZEC and XMR are simply better - look up comparisons between these networks at the blockchain level. Most of what XVG markets as extra features are really things you can do over any other BTC-derived coin (or BTC itself) i.e. connect via Tor, use SPV or stealth addresses. All been done with BTC in 2014 already.

As for wraith protocol - I'm still waiting for an explanation why a "private ledger" is supposed to be a good idea. If it's private, who's authorizing you or your transactions over there. Why would you want to expose a supposedly private transaction to a 3rd party that authorizes you.

Good remarks, makes no sense at as you state it.

This is something I have to look more into before going after any new coin first understand what there whole goal is and is it even logical.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WrathofKahneman said:

Ouch, well that's new :lol:

It was recommended to me but someone I trust so I started reading up.  It is a fork of PIVX with a some improvements (iirc, geared towards speed).  First, it is dirt cheap but seems designed for large circulation.  Even at .$01 market cap is only like $50million.  The other thing is they are on only 2 tiny exchanges.  My hunch is that if it makes it to even just one large exchange, it would show solid gains.  I don't know if it will ever moon, but if I can get in under a penny on a currency that has PIVX potential - even $2 makes it worthwhile.  Also, they say they will burn the high circulation.

But - I'm not trying to promote it; still making my mind up.  It is tiny and doesn't seem to have much muscle trying to get the word out.  Not a shitcoin, but not a sure thing, either.

 

Makes sense, yeah I didnt found COLX on many exchanges yet except for coinsmarket and novaexchange.
Will keep an eye on it but not very positive if there own website is been shut down haha 

Since I am still new I am surprise how much different coins there are and exchange, how can you ever know where to go for with out reading all the information at every coin.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.