Jump to content
Sancho

HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT - Request for developers: XRP B2B2C application

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Graine said:

You might want to slip into Switzerland. The article said most paid blockchain experts are there. 

Yeah, but then again you also need that money to survive there. If you think Silicon Valley is expensive, try looking for a flat in Zürich.

Also mostly Ethereum ICO stuff going on at the moment, not many interesting projects other than "hurr durr we are going to change the world, throw money at us!" that are mostly looking for webdevs to make sure their deposit address is displayed prominently enough while also writing a few lines of JavaScript highly sophisticated Smart Contract code in Solidity for their prototype application...

I'm currently trying to convince someone that it might not be a good idea to implement recursive data structures with no bounds checking and that it might not be enough to "just run some code that makes sure an adversarial situation [like a simple cyclical dependency] is unlikely to occur". Maybe a case of Dunning-Kruger effect, but dayum... the "blockchain expert" space is messed up!

As a benchmark, I know from the past 5 years maybe a handful of forum members outside of Ripple Inc. that I would consider knowledgeable enough about XRPL/RCL to successfully write a payment system on top of it from scratch. Others would probably need quite a while until they understand all the edge cases (e.g. look at the project of these people that want to offer "escrow as a service") and then still run a risk of implementing it poorly. I wonder how/why Ripple Inc is actually working with OP, especially since this could be in violation of their FinCen agreement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Sukrim said:

Also mostly Ethereum ICO stuff going on at the moment

True, keep seeing QA requests for eth's smart contracts. 

Corporates seem to love Ethereum, (wonder why). 

19 minutes ago, Sukrim said:

mostly looking for webdevs to make sure their deposit address is displayed prominently enough while also writing a few lines of JavaScript highly sophisticated Smart Contract code in Solidity for their prototype application...

:viannen_89:

 

20 minutes ago, Sukrim said:

I'm currently trying to convince someone that it might not be a good idea to implement recursive data structures with no bounds checking and that it might not be enough to "just run some code that makes sure an adversarial situation [like a simple cyclical dependency] is unlikely to occur". Maybe a case of Dunning-Kruger effect, but dayum... the "blockchain expert" space is messed up!

:help:... I feel incredibly dumb, but the only thing I understood was "recursive". That said, the lack of experts greatly lowers the bar of being considered an expert. Russians have a saying "when there's no fish, even cancer can be a fish". 

 

24 minutes ago, Sukrim said:

I wonder how/why Ripple Inc is actually working with OP, especially since this could be in violation of their FinCen agreement.

Probably "Yo, guys, great idea. You go build up your app, and we'll chirp in some xrp sometime soon. In the near future. Eventually. (some months later) Hey, we're doing banks only now. Sorry guys, can't spread that butter thin". 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Graine said:

So, you need people with knowledge of RCL? 
Good luck, there are very few who are not employed by Ripple. 

@Sancho, i see in various shape and form, already @Graine and @Sukrim have responded. My personal suggestion is they are invaluable in their capacities, Please have them on your endeavor and it shall surely succeed ! good luck, I love to see this come alive. 

Kindly, Chan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Graine said:

Probably "Yo, guys, great idea. You go build up your app, and we'll chirp in some xrp sometime soon. In the near future. Eventually. (some months later) Hey, we're doing banks only now. Sorry guys, can't spread that butter thin". 

it was peanut butter :i-m_so_happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...