Jump to content
RegalChicken

It's Happening? The Zerpening!

Recommended Posts

I can see a sell off on Jan 1st because I thought about that. If I sell in 2018 I have a year to play with my extra money before the tax man comes knocking. I didn’t want to convert back to fiat in December 2017 and get limited time to play the market. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kaidan said:

I can see a sell off on Jan 1st because I thought about that. If I sell in 2018 I have a year to play with my extra money before the tax man comes knocking. I didn’t want to convert back to fiat in December 2017 and get limited time to play the market. 

So if this happens on a large scale it would be  all crytos and we will see a red blood bath.. Dont know why but i think it will not happen. Let us see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RippleSider said:

So if this happens on a large scale it would be  all crytos and we will see a red blood bath.. Dont know why but i think it will not happen. Let us see

Hope it does, I Can buy moar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kaidan said:

I can see a sell off on Jan 1st because I thought about that. If I sell in 2018 I have a year to play with my extra money before the tax man comes knocking. I didn’t want to convert back to fiat in December 2017 and get limited time to play the market. 

I tried to tell my buddies not to sell and such.  Everyone bought in july of 17, but if you sell at year's end, and make other trades and such, you get hit with short term personal income tax rates.  If you just hodl, you can survive to much lower long term cap gains rates.  (In the US)  It'll make a huge difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kaidan said:

I can see a sell off on Jan 1st because I thought about that. If I sell in 2018 I have a year to play with my extra money before the tax man comes knocking. I didn’t want to convert back to fiat in December 2017 and get limited time to play the market. 

If you are in the US those new Crypto rules suck. Now when I go fiat to BTC and BTC to XRP any gains I made while holding BTC are taxable once I sell into XRP. It used to be as long as your money was locked in Crypto land you didn't have to realize gains or losses. Makes getting XRP on coinbase to make it easier in the US that much more important. When I think about all the things like wash sale rules and all that it gives me such a headache. Just HODL its much easier. Can't imagine what the returns are gonna look like for people who trade in 2018. For those of us on this side of the new year we are lucky, only future crypto moves will trigger realization. Disclaimer: See your accountant, this is just my quick read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

That is actually the risk in risk/reward. If XRP was a 100% guarantee we wouldn't be getting rich.

 

This is so true! Everything in the stockmarket and crypto is all based on probabilities, nothing is for certain because anything could go wrong!I'd definitely say that this situations reward is much greater than the risk cause I have the possibility to make 100x+ my money in a few years and it's already showing to be worth investing even though I did not expect it in 2017.

(I'm not in all for the money)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ObjectiveJonathan said:

This is so true! Everything in the stockmarket and crypto is all based on probabilities, nothing is for certain because anything could go wrong!I'd definitely say that this situations reward is much greater than the risk cause I have the possibility to make 100x+ my money in a few years and it's already showing to be worth investing even though I did not expect it in 2017.

(I'm not in all for the money)

In school (where you meet some of the dumbest smart people) you learn to argue at an obtuse angle if you want to win.

I remember getting into an argument about risk concerning options. The finance/math geeks were talking about how options are inherently more risky.

They were right of course, because lets say you buy a call option, you could lose 100% of your investment (scary) and your upside is unlimited (great). With puts you can lose 100% (again scary) and your gains are limited (underlying stock goes to $0) even if large. So they were right.

Then I told  them about a CSCO investment I made, where i bought 20 options before earnings. I was confident they'd crush earnings. I invested a little over $2k, and pulled down $8k day after earnings. When you get too up your own a** with the math and theory you forget about the real world. My percentage loss could have been 100%, which is catastrophic, but I only invested what I felt confident losing given my hunch. To get the same exposure I would have had to buy 2000 shares of CSCO at 35 which puts me in for 70k. That is a scary number. If I was wrong about earnings (a highly volatile and uncertain time) for each $1 lost I'd be out $2k which is the whole of my investment in the options, but I could lose between 0-$35 of those $1s.

When you are using actual money, always personalize your risk! With Zerps, only invest what you can afford to lose, because you might lose all of it. Or you might change your whole life. I'd say we are at the highly volatile time for Zerps, and more will come. BTC got to almost $20k and its still at a volatile time, that kind of risk has to make you sick. Imagine if the minimum unit was 1 BTC, that would be one hell of a pay to play scenario.

I no longer remember my point, but hopefully somebody learned something. I only ask one thing, at the end of this, many of you will hvae put in a ton of work and even with the big reward, just remember to thank your luck. You can do all the research you want, but luck makes the difference between Paulson betting against housing market, and Ackman betting against Herbalife. Paulson's bets afterward (like gold) sucked. Ackman has gotten more stuff right, but Herbalife was brutal. I know I got lucky getting my Zerps at <0.20, and I thank Fortuna all the time.

Incidentally, you remember the news story about the family that like sold off everything to go all in on BTC? Considering the body blows BTC has taken, I wonder how that bet is going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

In school (where you meet some of the dumbest smart people) you learn to argue at an obtuse angle if you want to win.

I remember getting into an argument about risk concerning options. The finance/math geeks were talking about how options are inherently more risky.

They were right of course, because lets say you buy a call option, you could lose 100% of your investment (scary) and your upside is unlimited (great). With puts you can lose 100% (again scary) and your gains are limited (underlying stock goes to $0) even if large. So they were right.

Then I told  them about a CSCO investment I made, where i bought 20 options before earnings. I was confident they'd crush earnings. I invested a little over $2k, and pulled down $8k day after earnings. When you get too up your own a** with the math and theory you forget about the real world. My percentage loss could have been 100%, which is catastrophic, but I only invested what I felt confident losing given my hunch. To get the same exposure I would have had to buy 2000 shares of CSCO at 35 which puts me in for 70k. That is a scary number. If I was wrong about earnings (a highly volatile and uncertain time) for each $1 lost I'd be out $2k which is the whole of my investment in the options, but I could lose between 0-$35 of those $1s.

When you are using actual money, always personalize your risk! With Zerps, only invest what you can afford to lose, because you might lose all of it. Or you might change your whole life. I'd say we are at the highly volatile time for Zerps, and more will come. BTC got to almost $20k and its still at a volatile time, that kind of risk has to make you sick. Imagine if the minimum unit was 1 BTC, that would be one hell of a pay to play scenario.

I no longer remember my point, but hopefully somebody learned something. I only ask one thing, at the end of this, many of you will hvae put in a ton of work and even with the big reward, just remember to thank your luck. You can do all the research you want, but luck makes the difference between Paulson betting against housing market, and Ackman betting against Herbalife. Paulson's bets afterward (like gold) sucked. Ackman has gotten more stuff right, but Herbalife was brutal. I know I got lucky getting my Zerps at <0.20, and I thank Fortuna all the time.

Incidentally, you remember the news story about the family that like sold off everything to go all in on BTC? Considering the body blows BTC has taken, I wonder how that bet is going.

Doing pretty well I think....in Xrp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tonnie said:

Doing pretty well I think....in Xrp

My great flaw is that I'm so damn greedy. Also, I'm stubborn. Within the existing partnerships Ripple has set up, XRP is worth more than this. Therefore, HODL. Pretty confident I am right, and need to be proven thus. My Zerps are locked away in my nano.... which means I went from new to crypto (never dabbled in BTC or ETH or LTC) in November to a true-believing Zerper in no time. Trust me I did a lot of research to choose the one coin to rule them all so my zealotry is not faith-based.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

In school (where you meet some of the dumbest smart people) you learn to argue at an obtuse angle if you want to win.

I remember getting into an argument about risk concerning options. The finance/math geeks were talking about how options are inherently more risky.

They were right of course, because lets say you buy a call option, you could lose 100% of your investment (scary) and your upside is unlimited (great). With puts you can lose 100% (again scary) and your gains are limited (underlying stock goes to $0) even if large. So they were right.

Then I told  them about a CSCO investment I made, where i bought 20 options before earnings. I was confident they'd crush earnings. I invested a little over $2k, and pulled down $8k day after earnings. When you get too up your own a** with the math and theory you forget about the real world. My percentage loss could have been 100%, which is catastrophic, but I only invested what I felt confident losing given my hunch. To get the same exposure I would have had to buy 2000 shares of CSCO at 35 which puts me in for 70k. That is a scary number. If I was wrong about earnings (a highly volatile and uncertain time) for each $1 lost I'd be out $2k which is the whole of my investment in the options, but I could lose between 0-$35 of those $1s.

When you are using actual money, always personalize your risk! With Zerps, only invest what you can afford to lose, because you might lose all of it. Or you might change your whole life. I'd say we are at the highly volatile time for Zerps, and more will come. BTC got to almost $20k and its still at a volatile time, that kind of risk has to make you sick. Imagine if the minimum unit was 1 BTC, that would be one hell of a pay to play scenario.

I no longer remember my point, but hopefully somebody learned something. I only ask one thing, at the end of this, many of you will hvae put in a ton of work and even with the big reward, just remember to thank your luck. You can do all the research you want, but luck makes the difference between Paulson betting against housing market, and Ackman betting against Herbalife. Paulson's bets afterward (like gold) sucked. Ackman has gotten more stuff right, but Herbalife was brutal. I know I got lucky getting my Zerps at <0.20, and I thank Fortuna all the time.

Incidentally, you remember the news story about the family that like sold off everything to go all in on BTC? Considering the body blows BTC has taken, I wonder how that bet is going.

Agree with the most you say here! But I mean it wasn't luck who got you in too xrp 0.2, all the decisions you made and all the hours of research I hopefully think you did led you here! While most people complain about how tough they have there is some people who actually do something about it! Winning the lottery is luck lol :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Iconoclast said:

In school (where you meet some of the dumbest smart people) you learn to argue at an obtuse angle if you want to win.

I remember getting into an argument about risk concerning options. The finance/math geeks were talking about how options are inherently more risky.

They were right of course, because lets say you buy a call option, you could lose 100% of your investment (scary) and your upside is unlimited (great). With puts you can lose 100% (again scary) and your gains are limited (underlying stock goes to $0) even if large. So they were right.

Then I told  them about a CSCO investment I made, where i bought 20 options before earnings. I was confident they'd crush earnings. I invested a little over $2k, and pulled down $8k day after earnings. When you get too up your own a** with the math and theory you forget about the real world. My percentage loss could have been 100%, which is catastrophic, but I only invested what I felt confident losing given my hunch. To get the same exposure I would have had to buy 2000 shares of CSCO at 35 which puts me in for 70k. That is a scary number. If I was wrong about earnings (a highly volatile and uncertain time) for each $1 lost I'd be out $2k which is the whole of my investment in the options, but I could lose between 0-$35 of those $1s.

When you are using actual money, always personalize your risk! With Zerps, only invest what you can afford to lose, because you might lose all of it. Or you might change your whole life. I'd say we are at the highly volatile time for Zerps, and more will come. BTC got to almost $20k and its still at a volatile time, that kind of risk has to make you sick. Imagine if the minimum unit was 1 BTC, that would be one hell of a pay to play scenario.

I no longer remember my point, but hopefully somebody learned something. I only ask one thing, at the end of this, many of you will hvae put in a ton of work and even with the big reward, just remember to thank your luck. You can do all the research you want, but luck makes the difference between Paulson betting against housing market, and Ackman betting against Herbalife. Paulson's bets afterward (like gold) sucked. Ackman has gotten more stuff right, but Herbalife was brutal. I know I got lucky getting my Zerps at <0.20, and I thank Fortuna all the time.

Incidentally, you remember the news story about the family that like sold off everything to go all in on BTC? Considering the body blows BTC has taken, I wonder how that bet is going.

Doing pretty well I think....in Xrp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ObjectiveJonathan said:

Agree with the most you say here! But I mean it wasn't luck who got you in too xrp 0.2, all the decisions you made and all the hours of research I hopefully think you did led you here! While most people complain about how tough they have there is some people who actually do something about it! Winning the lottery is luck lol :D

All that is true, and I use research effectively in the stock market all the time. I just...

Familiar with Lovecraft? Cosmic horror stuff? His universe was indifferent and terrifying. Mine is out to get you. Trust me, the universe will find a way to screw you no matter how well you plan and make your decisions if it wants to. (this applies to powers that be in our society too, that is why you don't bet on an overthrow of the entire banking system by BTC).

I just like to buttress my research with luck (call it an acknowledgement of randomness/chaos).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...