It's Happening? The Zerpening!

1 hour ago, iLeeT said:

I find this a bit harsh, not many people have enough spare money to invest in crypto, especially when this crypto is more or less depending on the success of BTC as of today.

I've said it before - everyone looks like a genius in a bull market. Stay humble. It's not always going to be like this. XRP is not live in production yet so there's no real demand - if something happens to BTC we might be back to 0.2c - it's highly unlikely, but still.

do we know when it goes live?  i’ve been wondering this for a while 

10 minutes ago, TLG said:

do we know when it goes live?  i’ve been wondering this for a while 

It depends what your understanding of 'going live' is. I think Cuallix will go live with xRapid in the next 2-3 months. I haven't heard of any other partnerships that will use xRapid - there are a couple to be announced I'd imagine. Realistically speaking we might have 2-3 companies using xRapid in production in the next 6 months - I don't really consider this as something that will guarantee too much of a demand of XRP (speculators excluded) - however, hopefully when regulation and big players come on board we can see broader adoption until end of 2019.

14 minutes ago, Raekwon said:

Can somebody please explain to me why we are seeing such huge discrepancies in xrp pricing, for instance between Kraken (€0.949898) and Bithumb (€1.25)? 

Bithumb is one of the Korean exchanges. Generally when there is price differences between exchanges it points to an in-ability to move funds freely in and out of that exchange. Either due to a malfunction on it (e.g. when CEX.io disabled XRP deposits) or due to legal reasons (e.g. you likely need to be a Korean citizen to trade on Bithumb).

-Matt

On 12/12/2017 at 7:29 AM, RegalChicken said:

Lets see how long we can hold this price above $.28. I've watched this coin for a long time now (about 100 years in crypto terms) and it likes to kiss $.27-$.28, but rarely does it make it to second base. 

could this be the rally... finally? can you guys see  on the other exchanges if we've broken through the sell walls yet? 

ripple on dec 12 2017.PNG

you guys remember this???

1 minute ago, hammertoe said:

Bithumb is one of the Korean exchanges. Generally when there is price differences between exchanges it points to an in-ability to move funds freely in and out of that exchange. Either due to a malfunction on it (e.g. when CEX.io disabled XRP deposits) or due to legal reasons (e.g. you likely need to be a Korean citizen to trade on Bithumb).

-Matt

Thanks for explaining. 

I have noticed these price differences quite often with XRP. Not small gaps, but literally 20-30% price difference like right now. And not just one exchange or two exchanges, but this discrepancy can be found across many exchanges.  

Just now, Raekwon said:

Thanks for explaining. 

I have noticed these price differences quite often with XRP. Not small gaps, but literally 20-30% price difference like right now. And not just one exchange or two exchanges, but this discrepancy can be found across many exchanges.  

The exchanges are reeling lately from the avalanche of demand, especially for new accounts.  Hopefully they will

level out and so too will the quotes.  Seems like arbitrage opportunity, but I'm not going to chance it with this volatility.

Just now, XRP_FER_ME said:

The exchanges are reeling lately from the avalanche of demand, especially for new accounts.  Hopefully they will

level out and so too will the quotes.  Seems like arbitrage opportunity, but I'm not going to chance it with this volatility.

Exactly what I was thinking, won't risk it either. Eventually they should all level out.

Just now, XRP_FER_ME said:

No, indeed... I've tried it a few times... currently got a bunch of funds sat in limbo in CEX.io due to attempting to send Ethereum there from Bitstamp and being caught out that one does it by smart contract and the other not... so the funds never make it and get lost.

Due to the fact that XRP takes seconds to move about, rather than hours it should be ideal for moving about. But I guess the fact it is so much faster than other currencies maybe makes the discrepancies more noticable with respect to other currencies.

-Matt

• karlos locked this topic