RegalChicken

It's Happening? The Zerpening!

2 hours ago, 1xrp1 said:

Now I see why it makes sense. Joel Katz mentioned there will be 2 household name announcement. Starbucks looks like they can use some XRPs for real.

1) They operate worldwide and crossborder payments is costing them a lot of money to repatriate back to the States.

2) They pay their suppliers all over the world. Some of the suppliers comes from the most remote Africa and the currency pairs sucks. XRP can solve this for them and cheaply too.

3) Their Corporate treasury can now hold XRP and release all the locked capital in many countries. XRP can provide on demand liquidity anytime, anywhere in 4 seconds.

4) Starbucks involves high volume but low value products. They can accept XRPs as payment because the transaction fee is soooo low.

Starbucks bottom line is not doing very well for the past quarters, they need to cut these costs fast

Starbucks is definitely a household name. 

In all the prediction threads I don't think anyone picked it. 

This would be cool. 

6 minutes ago, Chewiecoin said:

Starbucks is definitely a household name. 

In all the prediction threads I don't think anyone picked it. 

This would be cool. 

It definitely matches with the correct generation.

1 minute ago, Chewiecoin said:

Nice find. 

These sort of articles will start to grow rapidly as xRapid is rolled out. . . . see what I did there!!

I like the mention of XRP getting into retail. Either i missed that in other articles talking about IDT or they didn't mention that specifically

3 minutes ago, Old-Gregg said:

I like the mention of XRP getting into retail. Either i missed that in other articles talking about IDT or they didn't mention that specifically

Brad has mentioned it a few times. It's definitely one of Ripples goals. 

Somebody tweeted this today from a while back

If you don't want to read the whole thing this is the most important highlight to me working in a bank and understanding how ****** regulating and compliance is for security tools. I couldn't imagine what it would be like with this type of product

"we can now do everything Ripple can through Stellar and build on our existing relationship", the bank would say "well before we commit to onboarding this new tech we need access to the system backend, permission to hack it, check it against all regulations and whatever is found would need to be fixed before we can even consider it, oh and we got to audit it 6 a times a year, hack it once a year, need you to attest that you agree with all this and that all remediation's are done within a specified timeframe and that going forward if you ever fail to comply we will decommission your service and end the relationship with no penalty."  My overall opinion here is that for one the space is large enough for both to be successful and for two I cannot really see Stellar being as successful as Ripple in the financial institution space......This is where Ripple shines, with 100 banks already signed they clearly anticipated this hurdle.  It would really not surprise me to find out that they invested more into compliance than into product development.  In short, it does not matter who, why, when, where, and in what circumstance bank data or processes around bank data are touched.

(Plug any coin in for stellar above)

This argument is vaguely brought up. To build your own blockchain and coin for FI they need to pass allllllll of these regulations. Ripple has already done that. Even if a bank wants to start right now or did last year... the auditing process alone takes months and this is without even mentioning developing and putting your own blockchain into production. Ripple is prod ready, compliant, financially efficient, Inventive, and CONSUMER FRIENDLY. You have to understand THERE WILL NEVER BE A FINANCIAL ENTITY WITHOUT GOVERNMENT REGULATION. And if there is.... Well they are playing with dollars and cents (Bitcoin) compared to what FI does.

5 minutes ago, Batman said:

While it was encouraging to hear about possibilities in the future, I think we're a ways off from Starbucks doing anything with crypto.

What we have going for us is their stock is hurting which means they are bleeding. They need a way to save as much cash as possible and think about the PR... Win Win my man

Just now, Old-Gregg said:

What we have going for us is their stock is hurting which means they are bleeding. They need a way to save as much cash as possible and think about the PR... Win Win my man

I just wanted to temper expectations a little. I am all for it happening and would be ecstatic if it did. I think good things are coming in general. It's just a matter of time.

Just now, Batman said:

I just wanted to temper expectations a little. I am all for it happening and would be ecstatic if it did. I think good things are coming in general. It's just a matter of time.

Oh i feel you for sure. I just like to work the angles and it helps me learn about the abilities of Ripple.

4 minutes ago, Peyton said:

@BiltongNinja your member pic is really disturbing... just saying lol

Thanks! My daughter took it using snap chat over haloween ? I have been reading the thread since page 800 or so and there is the Chicken and Bull and sandwitch  etc. so I thought I would represent the un-dead  ?