RegalChicken

It's Happening? The Zerpening!

The article seems to to speculate both ways .. they either could be developing their own blockchain 'starbucks' or working with an already existing one. Hmm very interesting stuff. Either way - probably a couple of years in the future before anything is 'known'

Pretty awesome stuff though.

Edited by TheDonFather

5 minutes ago, TheDonFather said:

The article seems to to speculate both ways .. they either could be developing their own blockchain 'starbucks' or working with an already existing one. Hmm very interesting stuff. Either way - probably a couple of years in the future before anything is 'known'

Rain on my parade you half fish

6 minutes ago, TheDonFather said:

For me the rejection of Bitcoin is worth the price of admission.

Just now, John_Buh said:

For me the rejection of Bitcoin is worth the price of admission.

YES!!

7 minutes ago, TheDonFather said:

whether these companies create there own blockchain or not is minor, they still have to make it work with a bank. And why go through the effort and expense if in the end it's just another fail point to be managed.

1 minute ago, Sio2yH2O said:

whether these companies create there own blockchain or not is minor, they still have to make it work with a bank. And why go through the effort and expense if in the end it's just another fail point to be managed.

Exactly - they should stick to what they do and let Ripple handle the payments.  Done!

I also like the way this sounds:

And these cryptocurrencies “will have to be legitimatized by a brand in a brick-and-mortar environment, where the consumer has trust and confidence in the company that is providing the transaction,” he added. That sounds like a pretty big hint Starbucks might test out or even accept a virtual currency in the future.

5 minutes ago, Sio2yH2O said:

Agreed. I was just commenting on the articles speculation.