RegalChicken

It's Happening? The Zerpening!

1 minute ago, buckor said:

This came from a PDF on Ripple's site...I cannot link to it from my phone for some reason. That said, I remember seeing something recently that spoke about 70k txns/s....

"SCALABLE

The XRP Ledger using
payment channels can scale
to handle over 50,000
transactions1 per second"

the market now dont need the half of it 

2 minutes ago, buckor said:

This came from a PDF on Ripple's site...I cannot link to it from my phone for some reason. That said, I remember seeing something recently that spoke about 70k txns/s....

"SCALABLE

The XRP Ledger using
payment channels can scale
to handle over 50,000
transactions1 per second"

Thats awesome... Thank you!

Ok I have found something interesting.

I maybe wrong in interpretation  but bear with me.

I think we are seeing BIG BIG banks accepting that SWIFT does not have an answer to XRP!!

Below, is a segment from a SWIFT press release prior to SIBOS/SWELL. It states that a group of banks is going to trial a SWIFT blockchain POC for cross border payments. And the results to be released in November 2017.

Credit  Agricole  were part of the trial. Now they are trialling Ripple and xcurrent and maybe xrapid.

Now to me that shows credit agricole are actively looking for better solutions!!!

Here is the excerpt  from press release  

In parallel, SWIFT is exploring the potential use of blockchain technology in the cross-border payments process. Over 30 gpi banks have been running a Proof of Concept (Poc) to test whether a SWIFT-developed application using distributed ledger technology (DLT) can be used to reconcile Nostro accounts in real-time and help to optimise global liquidity. Preliminary results will be shared at Sibos in Toronto whilst the PoC is set to finish later in November 2017.

In addition, as part of its continuous innovation process, SWIFT and its banks are working with FinTech companies to develop additional overlay services that leverage the gpi platform using its APIs and banks can build on to provide even more value to their customers. Demos of early proof of value concepts will be shown at Sibos.

Recent joiners to SWIFT gpi include, Al Baraka Bank, Asociación Popular de Ahorros y Préstamos, Axis Bank, Banco de Chile, Banco de Crédito del Perú, Banco de Galicia, Banco de Reservas de la República Dominicana, Banco del Pacifico, Banco Inbursa, Banco Sabadell, Bangkok Bank, Bank al Etihad, Bank of Georgia, Bank of Jiangsu, Bank of Montreal, Bank of Ningbo, Bank of Shanghai, Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Bank of Zhengzhou, Bidvest Bank, Budapest Bank, CaixaBank, Grupo Cooperativo Cajamar, Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, Central Africa Building Society, China Zheshang Bank, Chong Hing Bank, Crédit Agricole, 

Crédit Agricole tests out Blockchain technology for cross-border credit transfers

In the interest of improving the customer experience, Crédit Agricole is testing out a solution aimed at simplifying and speeding up cross-border credit transfers carried out by its customers working abroad.

This test, using private Blockchain technology, will make it possible to conduct credit transfers between two countries in just a few minutes. The process, which includes a foreign exchange transaction, is handled directly from the customer's smartphone.  

Using this private Blockchain technology, developed by California fintech Ripple, customers can:

Settle transfers in local currencies, directly from bank to bank,

Settle transactions in real time,

Keep a time-stamped, unfalsifiable record available in real time,

Ensure transparency and cut down on transfer costs (exchange rates).

The test, which will last 6 months, is run by Crédit Agricole Payment Services. It will cover salary transfers in Swiss francs for some cross-border customers, between regional bank Crédit Agricole des Savoie and Swiss bank Crédit Agricole Next Bank.

Crédit Agricole Payment Services and Ripple will present the stakes and challenges of the test at the Paris Fintech Forum on 30 January 2018 in Paris.

18 minutes ago, Sancho said:

So it is fairly secure now to state that today's dip indeed was due to the future expiration as all started rebounding after it. If the market will react this way each time a future expires a predictability will come in place from which a lot of people can benefit. Just my two cents though...

I thought it matured 17.00gmt

6 minutes ago, Zerpstar said:

Crédit Agricole Payment Services and Ripple will present the stakes and challenges of the test at the Paris Fintech Forum on 30 January 2018 in Paris.

Explains why there is no announcement from Ripple, somehow