RegalChicken

It's Happening? The Zerpening!

So it is fairly secure now to state that today's dip indeed was due to the future expiration as all started rebounding after it. If the market will react this way each time a future expires a predictability will come in place from which a lot of people can benefit. Just my two cents though...

Quick tech question, has anyone read anything about Ripple being able to increase their scalability in the future? I'm just curious because if it were to take over something like swift would 1500 TPS be enough?
It has been tested up to 70k tps using the payment corridors, if I remember correctly. Let me see what I can find...

1 minute ago, Old-Gregg said:

Quick tech question, has anyone read anything about Ripple being able to increase their scalability in the future? I'm just curious because if it were to take over something like swift would 1500 TPS be enough?

If we take over SWIFT then the sky is the limit

1 minute ago, Sancho said:

So it is fairly secure now to state that today's dip indeed was due to the future expiration as all started rebounding after it. If the market will react this way each time a future expires a predictability will come in place from which a lot of people can benefit. Just my two cents though...

As per my understanding the futures end time is in 18 minutes.

6 minutes ago, SirArthur said:

Anyone else see the news about Credit Agricole and immediately wonder why a cycling team needed crypto? 

No? Just me then. 

XRP - the new EPO :lol:

4 minutes ago, Sancho said:

I thought today's dip was due to a huge hack in Japan.... 400M stolen

article is dated October 10, 2017

https://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/news/cuallix-uses-ripple-cross-border-payments-u-s-mexico/

Ripple announced today that Bexs Banco, Credit Agricole, Cuallix, Currencies Direct, dLocal, IFX, Krungsri, RAKBANK, and TransferGo, among others, have joined RippleNet. Now more than 100 financial institutions, including banks, payments providers and more, use Ripple’s blockchain technology.

6 minutes ago, Sancho said:

Well, if this is known, and everybody Will anticipate, than the dip Will No longer exist

It has been tested up to 70k tps using the payment corridors, if I remember correctly. Let me see what I can find...
This came from a PDF on Ripple's site...I cannot link to it from my phone for some reason. That said, I remember seeing something recently that spoke about 70k txns/s....

"SCALABLE

The XRP Ledger using
payment channels can scale
to handle over 50,000
transactions1 per second"

1 minute ago, Tonnie said:

Well, if this is known, and everybody Will anticipate, than the dip Will No longer exist

If everybody anticipates there indeed will be no (or lesser) dip. But if so many will anticipate remains to be seen.....