RegalChicken

It's Happening? The Zerpening!

1 minute ago, Old-Gregg said:

What am i looking at here

Monthly contracts listed for the nearest 2 months in the March quarterly cycle (Mar, Jun, Sep, Dec) plus the nearest 2 serial months not in the March quarterly cycle

Right now not a healthy market.

Still only a 530 billion market cap and a bunch of coins fighting for part of that money.  And new coins come out everyday.

Edited by Coinzee

2 minutes ago, Coinzee said:

Right now not a healthy market.

Still only a 530 billion market cap and a bunch of coins fighting for part of that money.  And new coins come out everyday.

Is it like that every year around this time ? cause looking at the charts from every year it seems identical (especially for BTC)

14 minutes ago, Ceremore said:

The way they did with Moneygram was awesome. Let's work on that quickly please Ripple PR team. 

Well it had no impact. I had anticipated that partnership announcement would function as further proof of Ripple's credibility and therefore would reflect on XRP's price. It did very little and I am sincerely wondering what needs to happen to push the price up. I am not worried, but I am curious. What kind of household name they need to announce for the price to gain traction? Should it be evidence of a bank acknowledging the use and more importantly the value of XRP in accomplishing the suggested efficiencies?

7 hours ago, BluKoo said:

Is there an acronym opposite to FUD?

There are a lot of really high, head in the cloud expectations, and rumours which everyone starts to believe. Then when it doesn't come to fruition then people get disheartened and begin to lose faith.
For example; The Wall Street Bonuses (which were sending everyone to the moon).

I'm thinking:

Dangerously unrealistic "Facts".

I try to ignore most tweets, blog posts, and PR releases. The majority have the stink of week-old garbage, are cranked out with a view to being front-and-center in the public eye, to garner 'followers', or just to be sensationalist for its own sake, and accuracy be damned.

Social media has become the subtly corrosive bane of this age, where everyone is a commentator, and fewer and fewer focus on doing the work or can assess what it takes to do any and get results over a stretch of time that is longer than the attention span of a gnat.  The vast majority of these self-appointed pundits couldn't review popcorn if their life depended on it, while most of the rest have an agenda.  There is no standard for accuracy or objectivity, and no punishment for failing to be ethical.  Recent articles by the NYT and the FT left a lot to be desired as well in terms of objectivity and credible data.  Good journalism is going the way of the dodo and increasingly scarce frontal lobes, and it is no wonder, as some algorithm 'ranks' you higher based on posting frequency -- when accuracy becomes important, I may revise this opinion. As I have said before, we are adrift in a vacuum of solid information.  In engineering terms, the signal-to-noise ratio is too low.  Facts are buried under a pile of utter crap, the majority are unable to distinguish truth from falsehood (correct, having a cellphone and opposable thumbs does not mean your texts qualify as worthwhile opinions), and a futile battle is being fought to 'counteract FUD' by trying to out-tweet zealots and educate others with IQs in single digits. I have questioned Ripple's strategy in doing this.

What to do?  One approach, recommended by many over the years, is to go on the offense. If it is futile to try to reason with people who are in denial, or zombified members of a crypto cult, why not skip the constantly defensive posture and go on the attack? If tweeting the day away is your chosen battlefield -- and I think it is a mistaken strategy -- then why not try to point out BTC and ETH's many faults and issues?  Why does XRP always have to prove itself and be held to a higher standard?  If you choose the tweet-gutter as your ring, don't fight with one hand tied behind your back.  For every tweet explaining decentralization to the willfully obtuse for the Nth time, mention BTC's prominent Chinese pools of miners and turn the question around on whoever asked it.  Legitimate questions are an entirely different matter.  If going for the jugular is not your thing, though, and you don't care to 'eat your Wheaties' every morning, by all means stop tweeting.  There are more effective ways to educate than engaging in ***-for-tats with the intentionally clueless. Time is scarce, and Ripple's tech staff needs to focus on one thing only, which I mention below.  

The second approach is being focused on having actual successful outcomes.  'You cannot argue with success' is a true refrain, although in this sad age some failed popcorn reviewer will try to. This needs to be defined as XRP in full use with XRapid or official endorsements by central banks, say.  Nothing else will do. No intended or nebulous partnerships with never-heard-before firms, no 'household names' that fail to materialize, no mumbo-jumbo about kind-of-trials and sort-of-pilots and maybe-experiments.  Announce something when it's done, rolled out, and working, saving X dollars relative to the previous system, etc.  Those that understand project management frameworks will grasp that many things are best reported as 'not started' (progress = 0%) or 'done' (progress = 100%.)  Nothing in between. The world is full of 'in progress' stuff that never ends and only generates more crappy estimates instead. So, it may be best to assume you are not 'there' at all until you are there at 100%. There is nothing like being thought to be at zero to create a sense of urgency and get to 'done' sooner.

@Sebastian's map seems to me to be an all too infrequent example of factual, painstaking data collection and diligent work put in to gain some insight into the growth of Ripplenet, etc.  No 'interpretation', no slant, no spin, no BS. Done in the background, in his 'free' time.  We need more of this and almost none of the rest, whether it is mindless cheer-leading, whining pessimism, baseless predictions, or misplaced FUD-fighting-by-tweet. Save the effort spent on this last item (or allocate non-tech staff to the task), Ripple, and you may be able to turn the already announced marathon into a half-marathon, and cross the finish line in half the time.

As always, just one man's opinion.

Edited by gomoku

2 minutes ago, John_Buh said:

However, this is the 11th largest bank in the world announcing a trial of Ripple Tech.  I count this as a BIG deal.

Not to forget that xRapid is still beta officially .. when it is production ready i am sure there will be alot more announcements using XRP.. 

Just now, RippleSider said:

Not to forget that xRapid is still beta officially .. when it is production ready i am sure there will be alot more announcements using XRP.. 

100%

Just now, RippleSider said:

Ah i was not aware that it was in beta thank you!

2 minutes ago, RippleSider said:

How long is this gonna be the case for?

21 minutes ago, Ceremore said:

Now, there is no NDA of any kind if CA reveals on its website that it goes testing Ripple - we don't know if it is XRP just yet - and Ripple HAVE TO COMMUNICATE about it, like right now. There is NO reasons whatsoever not do so, CA is the third biggest bank in Europe (revenues-wise) after HSBC and BNP. That's simply huge, and Ripple now have to capitalize on that, and do it better than they did with the last two partnerships. 

"....and Ripple HAVE TO COMMUNICATE about it, like right now". Exactly! Publicity wise...it's a gift!

So, if Ripple aren't pushing it - one has to wonder why? 

36 minutes ago, rainbowhunter said:

Perhaps the farmers would sit up and take notice if they herd it from a bull (pun intended) and a chicken crowed about it (pun intended again)

LMAO! I will start pointing them here! :lol: