RegalChicken

It's Happening? The Zerpening!

33 minutes ago, Chewiecoin said:

Nice one @Tinyaccount

Lets keep fighting the good fight. But for some I think they are better off selling. Too much stress and negativity in here. 

If it's this bad after only 20 days from our ATH what would a few months like this look like. 

The next bull run will come. 

I believe the HODLers will prevail. Just have to ride the bumps. 

It's truly a catch-22. Yes, I want XRP to start taking off. Yes, I want it to stay low so I can buy more. 

I think the most frustrating thing for me is all of the FUD. It's excessive. No other coin has it like XRP. It's like looking at a beach. Each grain of sand is a fudster, and if you can just get past all of that to the water, it will be good. But there are zillions times zillions of grains of sand. 

Regarding the Credit Agricole news, this is the link from their twitter (which was posted just 5 hours ago).

https://pressroom.credit-agricole.com/news/credit-agricole-tests-out-blockchain-technology-for-cross-border-credit-transfers-c396-94727.html?hootPostID=4fc8afeb02dea8f33ba0b9dedee7cb19

Although there is no explicit use of the word 'xRapid'  in this explanation, it clearly states that it plans to settle transaction in real time. That's xRapid right there..

More to come on the 30th of January

Edited by DutchBeetle

4 minutes ago, Wob said:

Doesn't the Credit Agricole piece mention that it's being 'tested'? I imagine Ripple don't want to advertise a done deal until it's been signed off? Perhaps...?

Aren't most of the announcements about tests or pilots?

1 minute ago, DutchBeetle said:

Regarding the Credit Agricole news, this is the link from their twitter (which was posted just 5 hours ago).

https://pressroom.credit-agricole.com/news/credit-agricole-tests-out-blockchain-technology-for-cross-border-credit-transfers-c396-94727.html?hootPostID=4fc8afeb02dea8f33ba0b9dedee7cb19

Although there is no explicit use of the word 'xRapid'  or even 'Ripple'  in this explanation, it clearly states that it plans to settle transaction in real time. That's xRapid right there..

Boom

So this bank...Why does it say transaction times will take a few minutes? Am I missing something, or is Ripple supposed to take a few seconds?

9 minutes ago, BiltongNinja said:

I'm in the Buckinghamshire countryside which might be why! Not allot of farmers are very much into new tech appart form tractors lol

To be honest most have heard of this new fandangely thing called bitcoin but they don't really have any concept of what it is and most are down right scared of it.

Perhaps the farmers would sit up and take notice if they herd it from a bull (pun intended) and a chicken crowed about it (pun intended again)

Edited by rainbowhunter

2 minutes ago, SAMER said:

Expiration of CME Contracts 1 h 20 min 

Do you have any information on how many contract they are doing per year? Is this a constantly ongoing process?

I did read a pretty good evaluation that said it would be most logical for them to bet BTC went up in price next time. 

1 minute ago, DrWhoAmI said:

Do you have any information on how many contract they are doing per year? Is this a constantly ongoing process?

I did read a pretty good evaluation that said it would be most logical for them to bet BTC went up in price next time. 

I would like to know as well. Is there another one starting straight after this one?

1 hour ago, DrWhoAmI said:

It's truly a catch-22. Yes, I want XRP to start taking off. Yes, I want it to stay low so I can buy more. 

I think the most frustrating thing for me is all of the FUD. It's excessive. No other coin has it like XRP. It's like looking at a beach. Each grain of sand is a fudster, and if you can just get past all of that to the water, it will be good. But there are zillions times zillions of grains of sand. 

I sometimes wonder if would have been better had we got to today's price via a slow upturn,  instead of the rocket and then drop.  We wouldn't be such a FUD magnet then. 

We also wouldn't have had a panic stricken horde who bought at the peak. 

9 minutes ago, Peyton said:

I bought in at .17 back in June and I knew then that these days would be coming. The amount of rise that XRP has had pretty much equals what has changed with the use of XRP so I am happy with progress thus far. I think we all knew then and now that Ripple was new and methodically taking baby steps into the future. XRP will one day be used by many FI's and until then and after then I will be a HODL'er. If you got in it to get rich in a few months or a year then I can see why some may be disappointed. Never put in more money than you can afford to lose because it will stress you out and make your life miserable. I wish us all the best of luck and I for one still have confidence in the future of XRP. :d_sunny:

But I will add that I do not understand how so many times, most of the time when things start going down they all go down together and they all go up together... Could it be that there are some big whales manipulating the market? Who knows but its really odd.

5 minutes ago, DrWhoAmI said:

The same people coming up with these predictions are the big players making sure the market goes in the direction they predict. because that means they make money either way... when it goes up.. and when it goes down..... its dirty.

Edited by Nouknitouk

5 minutes ago, DrWhoAmI said:

So this bank...Why does it say transaction times will take a few minutes? Am I missing something, or is Ripple supposed to take a few seconds?

Maybe there are times where a transaction might take longer than seconds, therefore they don't want to oversell the products possibilities.
If they say a few mins, and it happens in a few seconds, you're happy.
If they say a few seconds and it happens in a few minutes you're wondering where your money is.

It's just smart to be conservative with figures some time I think.