RegalChicken

It's Happening? The Zerpening!

15 minutes ago, Nouknitouk said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2018-01-25/why-banks-don-t-want-ripple-s-80-bln-of-digital-money-video?cmpId=flipboard.... 

oh lord... looks like the guy talking is doing it with a gun on his head... he looked super stressed... the whole thing is weird.  Is it just me ? Im trying to look at this completely cold but.. man ... its weird.

FUD, to be ignored. Three reasons:

(1) Ripple does not require anybody to use XRP. Their first product is Xcurrent, which is a public ledger which makes transfers quicker and cheaper. Acceptance of Xcurrent will increase the perceived value of XRP, though.

(2) He's talking about the biggest banks, and those are not Ripple's primary target market. They're aiming at small-to-medium-size banks.

(3) He's saying "Nobody's using it yet." Duuuuhh... we already know that. The people who claim to be interested are in pilot stages at this point.

Edited by philwynk

9 minutes ago, Nouknitouk said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2018-01-25/why-banks-don-t-want-ripple-s-80-bln-of-digital-money-video?cmpId=flipboard.... 

oh lord... looks like the guy talking is doing it with a gun on his head... he looked super stressed... the whole thing is weird.  Is it just me ? Im trying to look at this completely cold but.. man ... its weird.

why bloomberg opens fire on ripple today ??

1 minute ago, philwynk said:

FUD, to be ignored. Three reasons:

(1) Ripple does not require anybody to use XRP. Their first product is Xcurrent, which is a public ledger which makes transfers quicker and cheaper. Acceptance of Xcurrent will increase the perceived value of XRP, though.

(2) He's talking about the biggest banks, and those are not Ripple's primary target market. They're aiming and small-to-medium-size banks.

(3) He's saying "Nobody's using it yet." Duuuuhh... we already know that. The people who claim to be interested are in pilot stages at this point.

I think the biggest part of the whole clip that undermines their point is the perceived timeframes.

"They made this 6 years ago and noone is using it yet"

Maybe they should check out the timeframes in this chart: That's 8 years for consumers to make the shift from one product to a better product. Banks will be even slower.

image.png.3cebf343fe046e77af8df171c103011f.png

13 minutes ago, Nouknitouk said:

who is this guy ??

What does everyone think will happen to the price of XRP tomorrow when Bitcoin Futures close tomorrow? Also, IDT and MercuryFX were counted as two "payment provider" partnerships correct? We still have the two household names to look forward to right?

15 minutes ago, SAMER said:

who is this guy ??

You guys dont know Matthew Leising?? Hes a BTC / Ether fanatic. Of course he is going to bash XRP. Every single video he is in he looks like he is peeing his pants in fear of being in front of the camera. 

Just now, ZERPDREAMS said:

What does everyone think will happen to the price of XRP tomorrow when Bitcoin Futures close tomorrow? Also, IDT and MercuryFX were counted as two "payment provider" partnerships correct? We still have the two household names to look forward to right?

it doesnt not matter tomorrow. look a year down the road. 

7 minutes ago, SAMER said:

who is this guy ??

An absolute Clown with a capital C. No Bank executive, I repeat, NO Bank executive would waste their time speaking with this guy. Not only due to the fact that he is a Clown but mostly due to the fact that they would never speak on their potential desire to use a new technology with a media outlet before implementing it for several obvious reasons.

Also, "Bank executives" .. yeah yeah, sure :crazy: I believe you. I'll buy some more of that miracle rainwater you are selling for $10 too. Thanks! Please pee on my face and tell me it's raining sir.  

1 minute ago, ZERPDREAMS said:

If there's one guy we should ask about the future, it's @BiffTannen!

2 minutes ago, ZERPDREAMS said:

Also, IDT and MercuryFX were counted as two "payment provider" partnerships correct? We still have the two household names to look forward to right?

We also still have 2 out of the top 5 money transfer companies to be announced.

@XRPcalling Hello there, haven't heard from you in a while! Thank you for the response, I'm looking way far ahead as a long term holder. I was just curious about tomorrow because I'm not sure if I should buy more xrp today or wait until tomorrow and see if the price drops.. I just wanted to hear what others thought will happen!:)