RegalChicken

It's Happening? The Zerpening!

9 minutes ago, BluKoo said:

Maybe whales pumping and dumping there for a change ??

Nope, I don't think so. The volume of XLM being traded on Kraken and Bittrex is way low. Doesn't look like whales are pushing this.

But, please, somebody with more experience ought to look, since I'm pretty new at reading charts.

4 hours ago, Zerp_Legend said:

http://www.finanzen.at/nachrichten/devisen/RBI-Digitalbanking-Chef-Ripple-hat-nur-einen-kuenstlichen-Wert-1013836316

Raiffeisen Internation Bank Head of Digital thinks that XRP only has an artificial value and that Swift is too powerful to beat.

Scary when the Head of Digital is so clueless. (By the way, they are part of R3)

Google will never overtake Alta vista. 

Facebook wont overtake MySpace

Amazon will only sell books

Blah blah. We've heard it all before

Just now, Nouknitouk said:

Does anyone have both XRP and XLM in their portfolio ? does anyone know where one can buy XLM from USD direcly without going through XBT ? (not that im interested in buying... just curious.. as I see Kraken only offers XLM from XBT)

thanks!

I've had XLM in my portfolio for a while as a hedging of sorts (and also the knowledge that there is room for 2 in this similar space)

I don't believe there's an XLM to USD pathway. There will be in the nearish term I'd imagine (FairX) - but if you're going to get into XLM you'd want to get in before FairX is a thing as that will likely create a bit of a pump upon release.

2 minutes ago, Nouknitouk said:

Does anyone have both XRP and XLM in their portfolio ? does anyone know where one can buy XLM from USD direcly without going through XBT ? (not that im interested in buying... just curious.. as I see Kraken only offers XLM from XBT)

thanks!

Well i have both significant amount of them.. kraken offers via usd and reliable , im ok with them

Just now, Johntheripple said:

Well i have both significant amount of them.. kraken offers via usd and reliable , im ok with them

He's asking re: USD straight to XLM, rather than via XBT. Kraken doesn't offer XLM/USD sadly.

1 minute ago, Lawsuit said:

Cool, you're paraphrasing a portion of my statement to rebut it. Ignoring the other relevant points regarding their news.

And yes, every single crypto does have a roadmap - just as most cryptos tend to pump for a bit when an updated or annual one is released.

forgive me bro i just dont believe in stellar its a copy from ripple but with an empty portfolio.... 

9 minutes ago, Nouknitouk said:

I have roughly equal amounts of XRP and XLM. Of course, the XLM is worth about half what the XRP is worth. I bought XLM as a sort of hedge, although I really don't think XRP and XLM are strictly competitors. 

I don't know of anyplace where you can buy XLM using $$. I buy them on Kraken; I buy XBT (bitcoin on Kraken) and then use XBT to buy XLM. It's a nuisance but not difficult. You need to know the XLM/XBT ratio, usually something with four zeros following the decimal point (it's now around .00005400); you multiply that by the current bitcoin price in USD to get XLM/$$. 

Edited by philwynk

Just now, SAMER said:

forgive me bro i just dont believe in stellar its a copy from ripple but with an empty portfolio.... 

Haha, sorry, didn't mean to snap. I think there's room for success for both of them. XRP remains my main investment, but XLM has a foothold and isn't going away in the near term. It's not quite in direct competition with XRP for either Ripple or Stellars initial objectives, so there's no harm in having both.

Obviously, when we're talking endgame - they may round on each other and be in direct competition. We're years from endgame though. I don't feel guilty for hedging my bets.

8 minutes ago, Johntheripple said:

I have kraken and XLM is not available direcly from USD.... you have to go through BTC first no ?