RegalChicken

It's Happening? The Zerpening!

6 minutes ago, Trendkill said:

I think everyone got themselves all worked up about Q4 and Weiss reports and burnt themselves out. 

normal. eventually these people will sell in fear / exhaustion and will be replaced by new investors who buy in above $5. Cycle repeats constantly. nothing new.

It's been hugging that 38.2 for quite some time now. Struggling to break through. I'm chomping at the bit here to see which way we're headed. Either way is fine with me. Down means my buy order goes through, up means we all make some money. Well, maybe not all of us. Those $3 buyers have a ways to go. I'm confident we'll get there eventually.

fib1.24.18.JPG

Weiss Explains Ratings on Ripple and Doge..

RATINGS

Thank your for feedback! Here’s our response …

By The Weiss Ratings Team | January 24, 2018

Dear Friends,

Wow! What a day! After a cyberattack last night, we’re seeing a barrage of criticism on the Web, especially from disappointed Bitcoin and Ripple fans.

Understood! Many see strictly our letter grades and not our logic behind them. Others misunderstand our primary goal: To help investors reduce risk and find the coins with the most upside potential. That means we not only consider fundamentals like adoption and history, but also investor risk-and- reward metrics based on price action.

Some prime examples:

Why don’t we give Bitcoin an A? Actually, thanks to Bitcoins strong adoption, brand, and security, it does merit an A … but only on our Fundamental Index.

Problem: That’s just one of our four major metrics. Meanwhile, Bitcoin falls short in two other important areas: Our Risk Index, reflecting extreme price volatility and our Technology Index, reflecting Bitcoin’s weaknesses in  governance, energy consumption and scalability. As soon as the metrics on these improve, an upgrade for Bitcoin is likely.

Why doesn’t Ripple get a higher grade? Like Bitcoin, it gets an A for fundamentals, but it scores poorly on our Risk Index due to repeated price crashes. Its Technology Index gets clipped due to heavy centralization and control by its creators.

How come Dogecoin is rated on par with the likes of Ripple? This is indeed surprising. But the numbers are the numbers, and they include surprising facts: Dogecoin’s usage is greater than that of Bitcoin Cash. Its usage is also greater than that of Dash and ZCash combined. Of course, that alone is not enough to bump it up above a C. But it certainly does pull it up from the D range.

Thank you very much for your input! We take it very seriously. After all, ratings are not a science. They are, and always will be, a work in progress.

The Weiss Ratings Team

1 hour ago, Yeti said:

I don't think i've seen XRP this calm in awhile 1.345 to 1.3500 steady in the last hour.

It hasn't been this steady since the initial blast off. That line is almost flat.

Screenshot_20180125-133251.thumb.jpg.4777e890b0b8cba0b9f33d8187b39380.jpg

3 hours ago, HenryHole said:

Some people are so impatient... Play the long game! If we replicate those figures in a month or so, we will fly beyond the $5 mark?! 

This.

People are thinking in terms of minutes and hours when we need to think in terms of months and years. It's a whole lot easier on the blood pressure that way. We all know where we are going, if we chill and just let it play out naturally we will be very happy in the end.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-24/coinsquare-crypto-exchange-eyes-120-million-ipo-in-canada

Coinsquare (Canada’s largest exchange) will be adding XRP next month. More important, they will be going public with a IPO and list on the Toronto Stock Exchange. They will use the funds raised to expand into the US and UK markets. They will be adding one new coin every month starting with XRP. 

Edited by Kaidan

9 minutes ago, sjmusic3 said:

This.

People are thinking in terms of minutes and hours when we need to think in terms of months and years. It's a whole lot easier on the blood pressure that way. We all know where we are going, if we chill and just let it play out naturally we will be very happy in the end.

There was a fluff piece about crypto in Aus the other night that talked about a guy who dropped some money into an Etherium (or Litecoin?) account and then didn't check it for 3 years.

Came back and found out he was a millionaire at 25yo.

If you are serious about making money (and SERIOUS is the key word there) then the price today is nothing compared to the price in 1, 3... 5 years time!

The bump from the 'ZOMG BITCOIN' hype is dying down. If that is freaking you out then turn the screen off and comeback in 3 years to collect your millions ;)

15 minutes ago, Kaidan said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-24/coinsquare-crypto-exchange-eyes-120-million-ipo-in-canada

Coinsquare (Canada’s largest exchange) will be adding XRP next month. More important, they will be going public with and IPO and list on the Toronto Stock Exchange. They will use the funds raised to expand into the US and UK markets. They will be adding one new coin every month starting with XRP. 

This is huge. They can compete with Coinbase once they get established.

Me trying to figure out how the 4 cryptos on CoinBase have moved a good amount in the positive direction (and again mind blown with the Weiss report if it has a connection to the movement) and we can't shift 5 cents in either direction lol

:aggressive:

But I'll be holding for the long term, just have an itch to see movement from the last 2 days as I'm sure alot of us are.