• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RegalChicken

• zenkert

• TinyRick

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread has veered well off topic of Ripples price rise in December. Locked. Feel free to start a new topic, remembering this section is for discussion about Ripple price and trading (not Tet

I am henceforth creating a new term- the zerpening. When a long promised/ expected zerp price raise actually happens.

Warnings have being issued. A reminder that ALL forum members are to be respectful and considerate to each other even if there are disagreements in opinion. Please do not make me post the face of

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Seagon said:

Well, for now it's amazing to see we're stable around the 2 USD mark again. Tonight, i will relax with a nice glass of tequila i think :beach:

Yes i like it too. But i can only believe it when it stays there for some days. In this case i really think about staying away from watching pricea :D

2 minutes ago, Seagon said:

Well, for now it's amazing to see we're stable around the 2 USD mark again. Tonight, i will relax with a nice glass of tequila i think :beach:

Sounds good, I’ll stick to my bottle of red! 

1 minute ago, Hoooodlr said:

Neee to save money for the 10$ vegas party, but i want more zeeerps! Cant decide what to do ?‍♂️

They the time it hits 10 your money that your saving will of made a lot of money if invested in zerps... no brainer... haha

Just now, RippleSider said:

Dont want to spread rumours, but maybe there is another problem? Not normal whats going on.. 

I don't think it's any other problem right now - their exchange has been all but unusable for months now - they've been threatening upgrades for a while - but I think they've done the mother of all botch ups doing the upgrades yesterday.

As I said in an earlier post, if there's a run on them by irate customers, then things like liquidity will come into question.

1 minute ago, RippleSider said:

Dont want to spread rumours, but maybe there is another problem? Not normal whats going on.. 

It's Kraken mate. If you consider the performance of the website then It is normal for them. Just check those status messages from Kraken. How unprofessional and sarcastic as people are already angry like crazy...

https://status.kraken.com/

Just wanted to ask something that's confusing me.

In practical terms, wouldn't large banks and money transfer organisations want to keep the XRP price low so that they can purchase loads of XRP and keep it in their stock? 

Also, this is what someone is expressing on a different forum...what are your thoughts on this?

"If for example Moneygram buys $5m worth of XRP at $2, what will then happen is they have 2.5m XRP, but someone else with 2.5m XRP then decides to dump a load which then brings the price down to $1 then half the value of Moneygramps XRP has been wiped. Unless Ripple will somehow guarantee value in a similar fashion like government bonds but I can't really see that being in any way shape or form viable for a private company."

And also:-

"CEO: Ripple makes sense because shops around the world don't have to hold amounts in different currencies i.e liquidity, they can just hold XRP and convert.
PROBLEM: If I hold £100 and the pound vs dollar rate significantly decreases I still have £100. If I hold £100's worth of XRP and the pound vs ripple rate significantly decreases I will have less than £100. How does he plan to deal with this in a highly volatile market?

He has no answer for that question because no one has asked it."

How do you guys respond to this?

• karlos locked this topic