It's Happening? The Zerpening!

Oh I wake up and it’s even worse..... I mean better....:blink: if only I could tell the future of of told us all to wait until we buy more now 75% of my zerps are in negative. Oh well I think th rocket is just refuelling ! 

Another point. Once XRP is added to exchanges and USD can easily flow to it, since it's so quick it will be a top choice. Traders can benefit, banks can benefit, money transfers can benefit, a whole list can go on. Right now it's being held back. Once news/Q4 (Which should be very soon) come out and we are LIVE on exchanges we should be okay. DMM on the 11th should be a nice pump.

Edited by ajvb00

Ok like a lot of you I have lost a lot of profit from this fall, over $80,000

I look at it this way.

1. Do you believe in the team behind ripple ( Yes )

2. Do you believe that there is a use case for xrp ( Yes )

3. Has there been any ( Real ) bad new about the company ( No )

4. Is there future event coming up that are guaranteed, to boost the value ( Yes )

5. Do you believe that once announcements are made ( q4, partners, Coinbase ) we will reach a new All Time High ( Yes )

Then stop worrying and ******* HODL your XRP's as they are your FUTURE.

How the table turned so quickly is crazy! From leaving eth in the dust to then scraping all of our own dust back up! But stay hopeful, xrp will rose to the moon and beyond again! 

Just now, Manic said:

My understanding is that they haven't announced the Q4 report release date yet.

That’s  correct, if I’m right in thinking, I’m sure it’s next week when they release q4 report

1 minute ago, Pablo said:

I assume you’re Australian? You possibly just lost about 40% of your profits (or 400 XRP) to Mr. Taxman. He’s done pretty well. You? Not so much.

You want to be careful with this - you start day trading and the tax authorities in Australia will view your profits as income, not capital gains. And that designation will stick to all your other trading activity. 

Thats unless you’re trading much less than the $10k “personal use” threshold which renders your trading position  academic IMO. Of course if XRP hits $100 and you lose 40% of your final gains to Mr. Taxman AGAIN.

Unless you’re trading millions, the risk-reward equation for day-trading in crypto is skewed towards the house or the Taxman. You choose. 

I think that’s why most here (including my fellow Aussies) HODL. :) 

Though tax on profit implies profit, so it's still profit.

I'm in Aussie too, my view on day trading is to trade your way to a particular point, then hold that stack stable for 12 months to get the CGT discount, then hopefully the appreciation on that 12 months will more than justify the 40% tax on the incremental day trades on the way up. (Note: I am not day trading XRP, just the other smaller stacks)

Also, you'd be surprised how often your day trades result in a positive coin increase but a negative $value (which is what your taxes are measured against) - some of those 2-4% trade swings monetarily work out worse off as you can often trade on the downslope.

8 minutes ago, Pablo said:

I assume you’re Australian? You possibly just lost about 40% of your profits (or 400 XRP) to Mr. Taxman. He’s done pretty well. You? Not so much.

You want to be careful with this - you start day trading and the tax authorities in Australia will view your profits as income, not capital gains. And that designation will stick to all your other trading activity. 

Thats unless you’re trading much less than the $10k “personal use” threshold which renders your trading position  academic IMO. Of course if XRP hits $100 and you lose 40% of your final gains to Mr. Taxman AGAIN.

Unless you’re trading millions, the risk-reward equation for day-trading in crypto is skewed towards the house or the Taxman. You choose. 

I think that’s why most here (including my fellow Aussies) HODL. :) 

Yeah real hard to sit still here. I believe I have the balls to be a real hodler. But it is a true test of patience not to try make more off this drop especially since we're $1.20+ lower than where I bought another $5k worth yesterday  :/

Stay strong boys and girls.

Just now, Manic said:

My understanding is that they haven't announced the Q4 report release date yet.

No that should be released in the middle of the month but the news was it would be released in Q4 not in the Q4 report. I suspect I know what happened and will ride it out either way but anything to stop this decline in price would be great. When it dropped down to $3 I spent everything I had buying more XRP so the continued dip isn't an opporutnity to buy more for me since I have no cash left.

• karlos locked this topic