• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• RegalChicken

• zenkert

• TinyRick

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread has veered well off topic of Ripples price rise in December. Locked. Feel free to start a new topic, remembering this section is for discussion about Ripple price and trading (not Tet

I am henceforth creating a new term- the zerpening. When a long promised/ expected zerp price raise actually happens.

Warnings have being issued. A reminder that ALL forum members are to be respectful and considerate to each other even if there are disagreements in opinion. Please do not make me post the face of

Posted Images

1 minute ago, SandwichKing said:

If you bought at $0.20 then sell at $2 and take all of that money and rebuy again at $2 then your average is only changing slightly because of the fees that the exchanges charge. It’s not a 900% increase.

+ taxes.  If you are in the US you are getting whacked with short term capital gains of wherever you fall in the current income tax brackets.  So probably in the 25-35% range.  Wait a year and you are probably falling to 15% when you sell.

4 minutes ago, SandwichKing said:

If you bought at $0.20 then sell at $2 and take all of that money and rebuy again at $2 then your average is only changing slightly because of the fees that the exchanges charge. It’s not a 900% increase.

The reason I don't sell high is cause you never know if the next run is a pump n dump or a true rise. A lot of guys sold between $.40 - $1 thinking it would correct back down and it didn't so they bought back higher with less zerps. 

A well times trade would leave me with triple the zerps I have now but a poorly timed trade would cost me half my xrp stash so I'm content. 

You have to remember we are potentially still very very early adopters and at $10+ prices you're going to be super happy with anything you can buy at $2

2 minutes ago, Zedy44 said:

+ taxes.  If you are in the US you are getting whacked with short term capital gains of wherever you fall in the current income tax brackets.  So probably in the 25-35% range.  Wait a year and you are probably falling to 15% when you sell.

When I cash out I'm prepared to basically pay cap gains on 100% of my investment. 

I will try to deduct costs but they're so incredibly hard to track correctly when you buy a btc at $15000 transfer it to a xrp exchange that only values that same btc at $14000 at that same moment, etc. 

It's nearly impossibly to get a 100% accurate number so I'm prepared to pay a bit more than I should on taxes. 

2 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

The reason I don't sell high is cause you never know if the next run is a pump n dump or a true rise. A lot of guys sold between $.40 - $1 thinking it would correct back down and it didn't so they bought back higher with less zerps. 

A well times trade would leave me with triple the zerps I have now but a poorly timed trade would cost me half my xrp stash so I'm content. 

You have to remember we are potentially still very very early adopters and at $10+ prices you're going to be super happy with anything you can buy at $2

Just to add to this...as someone who dollar cost averages now after accumulating my initial pile - I no longer look at the entry point.  I look at simply accumulating XRP until goal A has been met where goal A x some price = my moon.  This is of course in addition to actually believing in Ripple Labs to continue delivering products that can and will change the world.

1 minute ago, Mercury said:

Warnings have being issued.

A reminder that ALL forum members are to be respectful and considerate to each other even if there are disagreements in opinion. Please do not make me post the face of shame and disgust and lock this thread down.

Merc, since you are gracing us with your glorious heavenly presence... Thoughts on TA as it applies to the current price? Any speculation to as the longevity and severity of the current correction? Bottom here, more to come? 

The increase in volume during this pricing yo-yo has me totally befuddled. 

Just now, Zedy44 said:

Just to add to this...as someone who dollar cost averages now after accumulating my initial pile - I no longer look at the entry point.  I look at simply accumulating XRP until goal A has been met where goal A x some price = my moon.  This is of course in addition to actually believing in Ripple Labs to continue delivering products that can and will change the world.

Same. I had a goal in October and hit it. Then I decided it was too modest so I doubled my goal and hit that. 

Then I diversified. I held btc and etn. 

But I thought about it more and thought OK which of these is going to double again first? 

I'm now 100% back in zerps and about 5% over my old goal. Even my mining coins get traded back into XRP. 

What i like about this is at $10 I could cash out what I initially wanted to cash out at $2 but still have double my original goal in cold storage 

6 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

I bought in under 0.20 and I’m not considering selling at this point so I think we’re on the same page there.

If anything I’m looking to get in deeper.

4 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

When I cash out I'm prepared to basically pay cap gains on 100% of my investment. 

I will try to deduct costs but they're so incredibly hard to track correctly when you buy a btc at $15000 transfer it to a xrp exchange that only values that same btc at $14000 at that same moment, etc. 

It's nearly impossibly to get a 100% accurate number so I'm prepared to pay a bit more than I should on taxes. 

I’m in the same boat as you.  I’m hoping my cost basis is so low in relation to what I cash out at anyway.  As much as I hate giving DC more money to throw away, I plan on claiming everything as gain, paying the tax on the full amount and hope that satisfies the IRS.

Just now, SandwichKing said:

I bought in under 0.20 and I’m not considering selling at this point so I think we’re on the same page there.

If anything I’m looking to get in deeper.

Totally. 

I just keep thinking about Charlie Lee having sold 75% of his LTC at $.20 thinking it would never get higher. 

We would have so so so many more btc millionaires of people held for just another year or two than the average person does. 

It's so hard to hodl when the markets move fast. It's true test. But look at the historical payouts and growth. 

• karlos locked this topic