Jump to content

It's Happening? The Zerpening!


Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, SandwichKing said:

If you bought at $0.20 then sell at $2 and take all of that money and rebuy again at $2 then your average is only changing slightly because of the fees that the exchanges charge. It’s not a 900% increase.

The reason I don't sell high is cause you never know if the next run is a pump n dump or a true rise. A lot of guys sold between $.40 - $1 thinking it would correct back down and it didn't so they bought back higher with less zerps. 

 

A well times trade would leave me with triple the zerps I have now but a poorly timed trade would cost me half my xrp stash so I'm content. 

You have to remember we are potentially still very very early adopters and at $10+ prices you're going to be super happy with anything you can buy at $2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Zedy44 said:

+ taxes.  If you are in the US you are getting whacked with short term capital gains of wherever you fall in the current income tax brackets.  So probably in the 25-35% range.  Wait a year and you are probably falling to 15% when you sell.

When I cash out I'm prepared to basically pay cap gains on 100% of my investment. 

I will try to deduct costs but they're so incredibly hard to track correctly when you buy a btc at $15000 transfer it to a xrp exchange that only values that same btc at $14000 at that same moment, etc. 

It's nearly impossibly to get a 100% accurate number so I'm prepared to pay a bit more than I should on taxes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

The reason I don't sell high is cause you never know if the next run is a pump n dump or a true rise. A lot of guys sold between $.40 - $1 thinking it would correct back down and it didn't so they bought back higher with less zerps. 

 

A well times trade would leave me with triple the zerps I have now but a poorly timed trade would cost me half my xrp stash so I'm content. 

You have to remember we are potentially still very very early adopters and at $10+ prices you're going to be super happy with anything you can buy at $2

Just to add to this...as someone who dollar cost averages now after accumulating my initial pile - I no longer look at the entry point.  I look at simply accumulating XRP until goal A has been met where goal A x some price = my moon.  This is of course in addition to actually believing in Ripple Labs to continue delivering products that can and will change the world.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mercury said:

Warnings have being issued.

A reminder that ALL forum members are to be respectful and considerate to each other even if there are disagreements in opinion. Please do not make me post the face of shame and disgust and lock this thread down.

 

Merc, since you are gracing us with your glorious heavenly presence... Thoughts on TA as it applies to the current price? Any speculation to as the longevity and severity of the current correction? Bottom here, more to come? 

The increase in volume during this pricing yo-yo has me totally befuddled. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Zedy44 said:

Just to add to this...as someone who dollar cost averages now after accumulating my initial pile - I no longer look at the entry point.  I look at simply accumulating XRP until goal A has been met where goal A x some price = my moon.  This is of course in addition to actually believing in Ripple Labs to continue delivering products that can and will change the world.

Same. I had a goal in October and hit it. Then I decided it was too modest so I doubled my goal and hit that. 

Then I diversified. I held btc and etn. 

 

But I thought about it more and thought OK which of these is going to double again first? 

I'm now 100% back in zerps and about 5% over my old goal. Even my mining coins get traded back into XRP. 

What i like about this is at $10 I could cash out what I initially wanted to cash out at $2 but still have double my original goal in cold storage 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

The reason I don't sell high is cause you never know if the next run is a pump n dump or a true rise. A lot of guys sold between $.40 - $1 thinking it would correct back down and it didn't so they bought back higher with less zerps. 

 

A well times trade would leave me with triple the zerps I have now but a poorly timed trade would cost me half my xrp stash so I'm content. 

You have to remember we are potentially still very very early adopters and at $10+ prices you're going to be super happy with anything you can buy at $2

I bought in under 0.20 and I’m not considering selling at this point so I think we’re on the same page there.

If anything I’m looking to get in deeper.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

When I cash out I'm prepared to basically pay cap gains on 100% of my investment. 

I will try to deduct costs but they're so incredibly hard to track correctly when you buy a btc at $15000 transfer it to a xrp exchange that only values that same btc at $14000 at that same moment, etc. 

It's nearly impossibly to get a 100% accurate number so I'm prepared to pay a bit more than I should on taxes. 

I’m in the same boat as you.  I’m hoping my cost basis is so low in relation to what I cash out at anyway.  As much as I hate giving DC more money to throw away, I plan on claiming everything as gain, paying the tax on the full amount and hope that satisfies the IRS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SandwichKing said:

I bought in under 0.20 and I’m not considering selling at this point so I think we’re on the same page there.

If anything I’m looking to get in deeper.

Totally. 

 

I just keep thinking about Charlie Lee having sold 75% of his LTC at $.20 thinking it would never get higher. 

We would have so so so many more btc millionaires of people held for just another year or two than the average person does. 

It's so hard to hodl when the markets move fast. It's true test. But look at the historical payouts and growth. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

Merc, since you are gracing us with your glorious heavenly presence... Thoughts on TA as it applies to the current price? Any speculation to as the longevity and severity of the current correction? Bottom here, more to come? 

The increase in volume during this pricing yo-yo has me totally befuddled. 

Dont anger the Gods further.  He doesnt have time for mortal chickens.... lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

Same. I had a goal in October and hit it. Then I decided it was too modest so I doubled my goal and hit that. 

Then I diversified. I held btc and etn. 

 

But I thought about it more and thought OK which of these is going to double again first? 

I'm now 100% back in zerps and about 5% over my old goal. Even my mining coins get traded back into XRP. 

What i like about this is at $10 I could cash out what I initially wanted to cash out at $2 but still have double my original goal in cold storage 

Nice.  I like that.  I've been challenging myself for years setting various life goals and so far I've been crushing what I set out to accomplish.  I'm hoping my due diligence and discipline with accumulating XRP will pay off the same way as it has for you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, RegalChicken said:

Merc, since you are gracing us with your glorious heavenly presence... Thoughts on TA as it applies to the current price? Any speculation to as the longevity and severity of the current correction? Bottom here, more to come? 

The increase in volume during this pricing yo-yo has me totally befuddled. 

Heavinly presence knows sh$t !!! Increase in volume cause it takes in perspective both sell and buy !!! Easy !!! No !!! ?:bye:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s easy to hodl if you just veiw your investment as if you had taken the money out back and thrown it in a fire. I veiw it as “lost” money, money that I’ll never get back. That way I’m not tempted at all to sell, only looking at the potential in front of me. That’s my view, either it’ll be worth nothing, or it will be worth so much more than I can fathom. There is no in between for me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • karlos locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.