Tinyaccount

Are there paid Anti-Ripple Fudders?

5 hours ago, rootvegetable said:

That said, do not make lists. Make your own mental notes if you want to, as everyone I'm sure does, of your own assessment of the credibility of posts and posters.

Or let XRPchat do it for you, and add them to the ignore list!

10 hours ago, Max Entropy said:

I read as far as the first sentence.... wherein Hodor 'agrees'.

Well, I do not agree. The premise is that Ripple is a threat. Ha. The banks are not a threat. Ripple is not a threat. Governments could be, but I doubt this very much. Governments need a vehicle to escape the reset. 

Banks and Ripple are still trying to decide whether they have a future.

--

I have always seen Ripple as a nation state currency system bridging with other nation state currency systems by a Ripple. Collectively, forming a global network of segmented networks. 

Ripple needs to goof around with the existing banking infrastructure because they are dependent on booting strapping the current guys into the future. This requires fussing with glue and Swift like systems, as opposed to just rendering them irrelevant.

Max has left the building.

@Max Entropy 

I respect the fact that you use a tried-and-true approach of conflict to determine facts.  It's a method that has its uses, and no doubt it's served you well in the past.

I'm not going to waste my breath trying to convince you of anything - if you want to believe something that the facts don't support, then be my guest.  I'll take some of your XRP off your hands at market rates! 

While I might respect your creation of conflict to shake out interesting tidbits, I believe that creating uncertainty and doubt for that purpose is detrimental.  It doesn't change Ripple or their approach, or their strategy (thankfully).  I'm very happy that they don't follow *most* (I think some of your points are legit) of your recommendations, quite frankly, because I own XRP. 

But I love the critical thinking that @Max Entropy generates here - it's good to have a foil to challenge notions and assumptions - and to identify the difference between fact and fiction, and to determine who trusts the word of a US-based company over "some guy on the internet".  :JC_thinking:

Edited by Hodor

it's not a conspiracy, it's just when money's on the line, people tend to lie and become nasty and deceitful

no one necessarily needs to pay anyone else, it just takes a network effect of lots of people who've bought one asset, who then see another asset as possible competition than could undermine their investment, so they either change their opinions/portfolio, or attack that other investment

look at the bitcoin media, it's a farce! why? is someone pulling strings behind the scenes? not rly, it's just they all own bitcoin, so.....

Edited by zerpdigger

11 minutes ago, zerpdigger said:

it's not a conspiracy, it's just when money's on the line, people tend to lie and become nasty and deceitful

no one necessarily needs to pay anyone else, it just takes a network effect of lots of people who've bought one asset, who then see another asset as possible competition than could undermine their investment, so they either change their opinions/portfolio, or attack that other investment

look at the bitcoin media, it's a farce! why? is someone pulling strings behind the scenes? not rly, it's just they all own bitcoin, so.....

You know, it reminds me of something I witnessed back then. One of the many really huge opportunities that I've missed.

So, the worst time of the 2008-2009 Great Recession. LVS stock at $1.4, COO is fired, Bonds are at fire sale prices. 

Sheldon Adelson was being asked by some analyst or pundit how close they are to bankruptcy. I don't remember how he phrased it exactly but I remember some of what he had to say in response:

"This company does not have one of its legs in bankruptcy, and the other on a banana peel!"

another thing he added at the end was:

"Unlike you guys, we believe what we say."

Stock went to $70 a year later. I completely missed this run...but anyway, the bolded sentence stayed with me :)

LVS was in an unusually sound position financially. But generally speaking, when the market decides to be irrationally negative about a company, it can go on for YEARS on end. They can keep hating XRP at $0.2 like they hated it for years at $0.006. Just be prepared, if you are holding, it may take years before you see any kind of return even when everything works out great for Ripple.

Edited by corak

@Hodor

Oh my... I had no idea your were a conspiracy guy.

Poor Ripple... the world is out to savage a company with an unproven technology, unproven business plan and small organization where it's token is locked in at .25 cents and rumours report 2.00 until 2020. 

Oh my...

Well, best you folks rally round the beleaguered Ripple and defend it from the forces of darkness.

... Winter is coming!

2 hours ago, Max Entropy said:

@Hodor

Oh my... I had no idea your were a conspiracy guy.

Poor Ripple... the world is out to savage a company with an unproven technology, unproven business plan and small organization where it's token is locked in at .25 cents and rumours report 2.00 until 2020. 

Oh my...

Well, best you folks rally round the beleaguered Ripple and defend it from the forces of darkness.

... Winter is coming!

Ah well.  I liked the GOT reference.  :P