Tinyaccount

Are there paid Anti-Ripple Fudders?

I believe there is a pattern of users who seem here for no other reason than to bag Ripple.  That's not the normal users who have investments and interests and differing opinions at various points...    It's those users who have absolutely nothing to contribute to the forum except a constant stream of anti XRP anti Ripple FUD.  Real FUD...   not differing opinions but straight out unsupported nonsense.

History has many examples of paid agitators gaining by being funded to push some groups agenda.  In the crypto world the payment can be in the form of a coin that costs the group behind it practically nothing.

I think we should list their names here....  then let people look at those users history of posts and make up their own minds about that persons agenda if any.

Unless howled down by everyone or stopped by moderators (who I do respect and will obey) I will put the names I believe are contenders here as I edit this post over time.

I'm aware of the risks of McCarthyism and so would only put the out and out exemplars here....  let the more competent ones slide.  You might say that I would have no proof of my claims...  but they are making claims like that all the time and no one stops them.

Edited by Tinyaccount
Spellink

Just now, Hodlezerper said:

What is it that you are looking to accomplish by doing this?

Good question...  I think there is a chance that the damage to the information space that these users FUD might do,  can be muted somewhat if their posts are followed by someone advising readers to be careful following this persons advice...  look at their post history.

Just now, Hodor said:

Trying to determine motives and the background of posters is always slippery, and will end up just causing more harm to the community. 

Yes I agree with you on this very much.  But I have an exemplar-of-the-moment whose every single post in his short time here has been on one single FUD point...   it's hard to imagine anything other than a paid fudster would behave like that.  They are the ones I would call out.

I do take your point about unintended damage...   it's possible such a scheme would only prompt more sophisticated attacks.  Hence why I'm putting the suggestion up for consideration.  I too have doubts about the wisdom....   currently I lean on the yes side...  but it's not a clearly good or bad idea so it's going to need consensus before I would proceed.

8 minutes ago, Hodor said:

Trying to determine motives and the background of posters is always slippery, and will end up just causing more harm to the community.

Agreed.

@Tinyaccount there are a lot of unintended consequences with actions like this. Part of our responsibility is to experience the good with the bad. Often times we do ourselves a disservice even when we have good intentions. For instance, as people are reading through forums, they may appreciate seeing shoddy opinions being debunked.

Best to take the good with the bad, and worse case, if you don't like what certain people are saying, I recommend you block them.

Reminds me of this story. https://travisma.wordpress.com/2013/12/12/the-necessity-of-stress/

Edited by Hodlezerper

@Hodor

Come on... you are smarter than this. Ripple does not present a threat to ANY crypto today. Ripple can not even launch a SINGLE operational use case. Oh, sure... the mythical 100 banker list will be brought up. But I would suggest that we wait.................................. until this group becomes operational.

You guys are smoking something.

3 minutes ago, Max Entropy said:

@Hodor

Come on... you are smarter than this. Ripple does not present a threat to ANY crypto today. Ripple can not even launch a SINGLE operational use case. Oh, sure... the mythical 100 banker list will be brought up. But I would suggest that we wait.................................. until this group becomes operational.

How much XRP do you hold?

7 minutes ago, Max Entropy said:

@Hodor

How does this relate to what @Hodor posted? 

Also, what cryptos are being used for anything?

I'm unaware of any crypto being used for anything...I guess BTC to buy stuff from off market or nefarious markets?

Edited by Hodlezerper

40 minutes ago, Tinyaccount said:

I believe there is a pattern of users who seem here for no other reason than to bag Ripple.  That's not the normal users who have investments and interests and differing opinions at various points...    It's those users who have absolutely nothing to contribute to the forum except a constant stream of anti XRP anti Ripple FUD.  Real FUD...   not differing opinions but straight out unsupported nonsense.

History has many examples of paid agitators gaining by being funded to push some groups agenda.  In the crypto world the payment can be in the form of a coin that costs the group behind it practically nothing.

I think we should list there names here....  then let people look at those users history of posts and make up their own minds about that persons agenda if any.

Unless howled down by everyone or stopped by moderators (who I do respect and will obey) I will put the names I believe are contenders here as I edit this post over time.

I'm aware of the risks of McCarthyism and so would only put the out and out exemplars here....  let the more competent ones slide.  You might say that I would have no proof of my claims...  but they are making claims like that all the time and no one stops them.

Internethobo...  oh wait... never mind.

14 minutes ago, Hodlezerper said:

@Tinyaccount there are a lot of unintended consequences with actions like this. Part of our responsibility is to experience the good with the bad. Often times we do ourselves a disservice even when we have good intentions. For instance, as people are reading through forums, they may appreciate seeing shoddy opinions being debunked.

Best to take the good with the bad, and worse case, if you don't like what certain people are saying, I recommend you block them.

Reminds me of this story. https://travisma.wordpress.com/2013/12/12/the-necessity-of-stress/

As ever, O rider of the RocketCamel, your wisdom is a river to your people.     :) 

Yeah maybe this is the latest in a long line of dumb ideas I have had.  I'm now leaning towards the nope side.

That's was a great stress story by the way...   thanks for sharing it.