1xrp1

Real life usage in South Korea - XRP is really fast and cheap!

56 minutes ago, 1xrp1 said:

I had a recent trip to Seoul (in South Korea) to meet up with a local friend there. I know that XRP is widely traded there but what I didn't expect was the high level number of people having XRPs.

Great Real Life Story @1xrp1 Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, @1xrp1.  Good 'field report.'  It is good to hear real life stories about P2P occurring. And I do believe I have posted about the need to focus on the real end customers.

As more of these stories happen, it would not be a hare-brained idea for Ripple to incorporate them into the Insights blog and PRs. Real people using XRP and paying for ice cream in seconds, that is a message that can resonate loudly with the public and help shape perception of XRP away from a stodgy 'bankers' coin' -- everybody loves ice cream! Especially given BTC's inability to compete on speed for now.

Keep us in the loop, and safe travels.

I think if Ripple partners with Alipay or WeChatPay, then the day to day usage can really start to boom. So instead of holding a basket of currencies when I travel, you just hold XRP and since there are liquidity providers in every country, that can be easily converted back to fiat for day to day use. Moreover, I see XRP as the most practical digital currency due to its reasonable transaction cost (as long as its cheaper than Visa) and relatively fast transfer (within seconds, because nobody wants to wait 1 hour at the shop for a payment to go through).

Don't be surprised that earliest XRP communities may just start in South Korea, China and Japan.