Spunkmeyer

Did I miss something?

@Rchopra

Na, it has nothing to do with emotion... anytime time a core guy leaves the group, there cause for concern:

• there is then competition on every level, when there needn't have been. Larson failed everyone when this got out of hand.
  • the disgruntled developer has all the code you have, more importantly because it was then, open source, they also had all the future code from your development group
  • causes confusion in your ranks. People are not sure of where the future resides
  • Ripple is PAYING stellar to compete them... really really dumb move

6 minutes ago, Max Entropy said:

@Rchopra

Na, it has nothing to do with emotion... anytime time a core guy leaves the group, there cause for concern:

• there is then competition on every level, when there needn't have been. Larson failed everyone when this got out of hand.
  • the disgruntled developer has all the code you have, more importantly because it was then, open source, they also had all the future code from your development group
  • causes confusion in your ranks. People are not sure of where the future resides
  • Ripple is PAYING stellar to compete them... really really dumb move

Competition keeps you on your toes! As an (almost) rule, the market benefits from competition. You seem to be in the Stellar camp. Did Jed's actions not leave you questioning his reliability and commitment to those who believed in him and trusted him?

I believe Larson betrayed the goal of banking the un-banked and moved the company towards Western banking. I am not in favour of the status quo. There needs to be a reset. 

1 minute ago, Max Entropy said:

I believe Larson betrayed the goal of banking the un-banked and moved the company towards Western banking. I am not in favour of the status quo. There needs to be a reset. 

Thought you were going?

30 minutes ago, Max Entropy said:

not sure if this is an attempt at an answer to my question or not. if it was, you answered a question I didn't ask, and didn't answer any of the questions I did ask.

Naa, Max decided to hang around and watch the frenzied Ripple fans selling. I am thinking - you, the Ripple employees and myself will be dumping XRP at the next XRP price 'adjustment'. 

Imagine that... Ripple as a 'purportedly distributed and disruptive technology', is 'demonstratedly centrally' planned and controlled at .23 cents.

Sweet!

--

Further... imagine BTC at $ say... 100,000.00, while XRP is at .25 cents, and still Garlinhouse/Lason will be speaking to the benefits of X-border payments. Corporate middle management (decision makers) are going to be sitting on the decision making fence for the next year, while they to guess which way the technology winds are blowing. Ripple did this to themselves.

This is going to be entertaining...

--

Think about it...

• Ripple et al will be forced to move the price of XRP up, all the while they have setting expectations with investors that XRP is stable.
  • for Ripple to survive, the bankers will have to crash BTC

Great strategy.

13 hours ago, Max Entropy said:

@Rchopra

Well, you should take Jed/Stellar very seriously.

He is working into an area where the adoption rate will exceed that of fat western banks. Banking the UN-banked is noble endeavour and he will be able attract a significant global base of developers. More importantly, his interests are aligned with companies, like IBM who will want to sell more gear and services to Asian mid-size companies... moving down the food chain.

IBM owns the Japanese market and will extend this into developing Asian countries.

Currency systems will be an area of wealth creation and this is where companies, like IBM will be focused. Plus, Jed has a proven track record.

Lastly, he will be attempting to eat all of Ripple"s lunch over time. He has an inherent advantage over Ripple - because he is technical and hands on, he can understand business requirements much faster than Ripple suits, who must ask internal tech guys. So, I expect Stellar to productize better R&D systems and services. I guess additionally, he is focused on an area that has nothing to do that would inhibit adoption.

Again lastly, he does not need more money personally and probably sees this endeavour as important mission.

I wish him well.

Haha.... I unfortunately have stopped coming to this forum as well as Reddit forums for this exact reason. People like this guy. I come check in because it's been awhile and it's the same old ****. People like Max here stirring **** up and making people who are new to this game worried. 

Quick check-in and check-out for me again. But just wanted to leave at least a winkle of hope to those here that do have good intentions and bought XRP because you believed in Ripple. You were right, just keep holding. XRP has the best use case out of all crypto's. Ripple is making long-term moves that unfortunately don't have short term gains for XRP. Sure previous management from years and years ago made mistakes. But they are doing everything right now for long-term benefit. 

Don't listen to this ****, or anyone else claiming to lost hope in Ripple. IF that were true, they would have sold their XRP and got off forums like this. There ARE people spreading FUD out there on purpose. I founded a company in an industry that big players used very dirty tactics to take out smaller guys. I am seeing very similar tactics here. 

My advice. Stay off forums, unfortunately, if you're the average person. Because most people are very easily manipulated when their money is on the line. Do your own research. If fundamentals are strong, just HOLD. It's the only long-term tactic that will work in this game. 

Bye bye again. I'll check in in a few months again to see if sediment has changed. Lol. 

4 hours ago, Max Entropy said:

Naa, Max decided to hang around

You're a good sport Max Entropy. I don't often (or ever?) agree with your viewpoints but I appreciate the way you take the sometimes very hostile pushback in stride.