Spunkmeyer

Did I miss something?

11 minutes ago, Max Entropy said:

@Rchopra

Well, you should take Jed/Stellar very seriously.

He is working into an area where the adoption rate will exceed that of fat western banks. Banking the UN-banked is noble endeavour and he will be able attract a significant global base of developers. More importantly, his interests are aligned with companies, like IBM who will want to sell more gear and services to Asian mid-size companies... moving down the food chain.

IBM owns the Japanese market and will extend this into developing Asian countries.

Currency systems will be an area of wealth creation and this is where companies, like IBM will be focused. Plus, Jed has a proven track record.

Lastly, he will be attempting to eat all of Ripple"s lunch over time. He has an inherent advantage over Ripple - because he is technical and hands on, he can understand business requirements much faster than Ripple suits, who must ask internal tech guys. So, I expect Stellar to productize better R&D systems and services. I guess additionally, he is focused on an area that has nothing to do that would inhibit adoption.

Again lastly, he does not need more money personally and probably sees this endeavour as important mission.

I wish him well.

Nah i've got it now. You are here just to shill xlm

You and Missdaboat frequently do this,  and in doing so conpletely ignore basic facts about Ripple to add specualtion about Stellar.

First off show me where Stl is making any kind of manouver to help the unbanked? A non profit has pivoted most sharply to cope what Ripple is doing and you consider them noble? If Stellar is non profit where is thebmoney being paid for xlm going? I'm sure regulators will be asking the samething next year. Ripple has Mojaloop.

IBM take Japan? Ok well i thinks it's 80% of Japanese transaction will be going through Ripple next year so good luck there

Edonkey, Mt Gox etc Joyce Kim as an executive, market manipulation of xrp when he didn't get his own way, xlm distribution fiasco etc etc Yeah that does look like a track record to me.

And once again 70billion of xlm in Jeds hands. Is this ok because xlm is uncapped so he can just create more and thereby dilute his influence on the Xlm distribution?

last question i have for you is why do you post here instead of at an XLM forum?

Edited by FUDFatigue

3 hours ago, AlexJ said:

People are just waking up and more and more dont believe into Ripple' failed strategy, my dear.

I am belling to rings already for 1 month. I am glad to see here is no more moon and mars forecasts. I believe more and more people will leave Ripple, especially after Christmas and New Year holidays. 

You posted a prediction showing 400% increase in XRP price within next 2 years stating it is realistic like what...2 weeks ago?

Care to explain? 

1 hour ago, Max Entropy said:

Ok, a short reply... I have experience in holding a lot of public shares in a hi-tech company I founded... Founders have at least the following responsibilities:

• When the company... for reasons of salaries, rent, capital, travel, and other stuff... the founders are required to fund these requirements out of their pockets, if not the enterprise fails. Employees have mortgages, have families, have expectations in which failure is not a good choice.
  • investors will always look to see who has the 'most skin in the game' and expect those folks to put more money in, this needs to be funded.
  • acquisitions or mergers... deal makers are always looking for a 'side deal' in which they are remunerated for making things happen
  • control... you never want to yield control to others unless it is necessary
  • sharing with employees
  • other stuff

So for these reasons, I can understand maintaining control of the company assets. The founder will be required to share them at some point, beyond what was initially understood and agreed to.

I have never had a problem with how Ripple stuff ended up in the founders hands. The issue I have had, is that the decisions were not made to benefit the company or the people who had much at stake. The division was not well executed. My feeling is that Jed should have been encouraged to go his own way and Ripple should have spun a new company out. 

It is a professionalism thing.

--

Max has left the building.

For good.

the mental-midgets on ripple were in full-effect yesterday.........they mad because bitcoin passed another thousand dollar mark and IOTA passed XRP in the (meaningless) market-cap race.....most of these dolts are mad because they have been holding for two months and haven't been able to buy Bill Gates' summer-home in Hawaii yet.........nothing has changed fundamentally with the company........in fact, for me at least, all the hate, FUD and anger makes me feel stronger about my position......let them chase sh1tcoins.....

2 hours ago, Max Entropy said:

@Rchopra

He is working into an area where the adoption rate will exceed that of fat western banks. Banking the UN-banked is noble endeavour and he will be able attract a significant global base of developers. More importantly, his interests are aligned with companies, like IBM who will want to sell more gear and services to Asian mid-size companies... moving down the food chain.

IBM owns the Japanese market and will extend this into developing Asian countries.

Currency systems will be an area of wealth creation and this is where companies, like IBM will be focused. Plus, Jed has a proven track record.

Lastly, he will be attempting to eat all of Ripple"s lunch over time. He has an inherent advantage over Ripple - because he is technical and hands on, he can understand business requirements much faster than Ripple suits, who must ask internal tech guys. So, I expect Stellar to productize better R&D systems and services. I guess additionally, he is focused on an area that has nothing to do that would inhibit adoption.

Again lastly, he does not need more money personally and probably sees this endeavour as important mission.

I wish him well.

By stealing the others' BTCs? Remember what happened to Mtgox? Or by surfing? Or finding a new girl friend who soon becomes the CEO? (just sounds like a real CEO but each letter stands for something different)

Wasn't Korean girlfriend Joyce Kim the Chief Entertainment or Engagement Officer but she would often tell outsiders that she's the CEO ... she's brilliantly smart having graduated from ivy league university around the age of 19 before completing masters degree in her early 20s.  At times, I would feel uncomfortable having Kim control the decision making and direction of Stellar if I was Jed, the real CEO ...

Edited by bookworm

1 hour ago, AlexJ said:

it was not my prediction, and I still thinking it can be realistic if Ripple changes its strategy approaching just to FI's. As you can see, the situation is becoming worse & worse.

Garlichouse must resign. 

I know it was not your prediction, but you did say it was realistic. You also said yesterday that XRP is a useless coin and that people should abandon their positions, now you admit the 400% increase prediction may still be realistic. To me these opinions are not very much in alignment.

What do you mean specifically by saying that the situation is becoming worse and worse. You mean the recent price decrease? Or have you come across a statement from an FI that their XRP trials did not show positive results? Or that the list of Ripple partners lost some significant companies? Honestly, except for some panic on the side of probably inexperienced traders, I have not come across any bad news.

Lastly, Ripple CEO is Mr. Garlinghouse, not Garlichouse.

Guys you have to remember  a lot of trolls and fuders are against Ripple and XRP, there is really a troll campaign going on right now!

This means that there a lot of people and entities and perhaps some institutions are afraid a lot from Ripple, from what they are doing and from what they are about to achieve!

Gather all the facts, read all the news and do your own reasearch. Ripple is doing great and thats a fact.

I know a lot a people from you will be fooled and sell their XRP holdings only because of the trollers and Fud-ers  but remember this:

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me

3 hours ago, Max Entropy said:

@Rchopra

I wish him well.

I think u r in as much love with stellar as we r in  Ripple. In that case i would not give you any counter arguements to support Ripple vs stellar not because i dont have it, but because i believe that emotions dont understand the logics, which is clearly visible when u are only  looking at the influence of IBM (which is not as much as it used to be ) and u are ignoring 100 financial institutions that are partners of Ripple, plus Amex, bill gates's orgaization, Indian banks and government supported programs in which ripple will have big role and many more things. It shows you are biased and i would accept most of us are biased too. I guess why nit wish each other luck and keep faith in the old saying " When going gets tough, the tough get going" 

Edited by Rchopra

I think the Iota emergence coupled with the growing sentiment that Ripple manipulates the price of XRP every time there is a rally has sent Ripple downward as of late.  Just look at Brad's tweet on crypto kitties.  Lots of backlash for consecutive tweets slinging mud at other coins with many of the comments pointing out the manipulation of XRP.  I think the amateur investors are starting to get fed up watching other vaporware take off on lesser news.  I personally will be watching the escrow and the ensuing weeks very closely.

7 hours ago, AlexJ said:

People are just waking up and more and more dont believe into Ripple' failed strategy, my dear.

I am belling to rings already for 1 month. I am glad to see here is no more moon and mars forecasts. I believe more and more people will leave Ripple, especially after Christmas and New Year holidays. 

How can you say a strategy has failed when it's still the first inning of the game? I disagree completely with you. Crypto-nobodies like us may leave, But they will be replaced by institutional money. The writing is on the wall. The small money crypto-gamblers are just too short sighted to see it. It is Why the rich get rich And the poor stay poor. The poor are always concentrating on the now instead of looking six months down the road.

This is all just overflow panic/mania from BTC pumping so quickly and futures trading.  It should be quite a different scene at the end of Dec.

I trust Ripples team to persevere and execute further on plans.

(Note: I enjoy Max's discussions; meaningful dialogue about competition/management is absolutely necessary.)