CryptoGerrie

Daily Ripple Price Prediction: The Case for “Holding” XRP

The article predicts a $2 value in 2018, really ?

When banks start using xrp, knowing that banks move everyday millions if not billions eur/usd/jpy - it’s quite safe to say $2 is worst case scenario for 2018 in my opinion. Of course the process of banks rolling into xRapid will take some time , but I expect that 1 year from now (6th of December 2018) some banks will be using xrp.

I do recall that someone from the ripple team already gave away that the value they strive xrp to get lays between $70-120. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Edited by Moriarty
Typo

20 minutes ago, Moriarty said:

I do recall that someone from the ripple team already gave away that the value they strive xrp to get lays between $70-120. Correct me if I’m wrong.

You may be recalling JoelKatz's comment about possible scenarios for XRP price. 

There have also been some decent articles written regarding the potential floor value if XRP succeeds on a big scale, which could be in the .80 cent range...

From Criticism 3...

"To be sure, Ripple’s clients are not currently using XRP to settle international transfers, but neither are ordinary people using Bitcoin to buy their lunch"

Love that :clapping:

What you're seeing now is people simply being disgruntled at the fact that XRP has been remaining stagnant and not making any real "power moves" like a lot of the other cryptos, in terms of its price...and that's perfectly OK...it's fine to be upset...but, with respect to XRP, I think most of us know or knew that XRP usage (at this current point in time) is not yet in the cards, but it is a goal that they want to start moving toward in 2018. Everyone knows that 2018 is "supposed" to be a very good year for Ripple and potentially XRP. If 2018 doesn't turn out like it is projected, then think about moving on from this project.  If you're looking to make a quick buck, you're in the wrong place. But I do believe that if XRP sticks and is adopted en masse, you'll see a nice jump like we have been seeing with IOTA as of late. Think of a soda can with a lot of built up pressure...as soon as you pop the top, it will shoot up all over the place. Something is brewing.

Just now, PaulPierce34G said:

What you're seeing now is people simply being disgruntled at the fact that XRP has been remaining stagnant and not making any real "power moves" like a lot of the other cryptos, in terms of its price...and that's perfectly OK...it's fine to be upset...but, with respect to XRP, I think most of us know or knew that XRP usage (at this current point in time) is not yet in the cards, but it is a goal that they want to start moving toward in 2018. Everyone knows that 2018 is "supposed" to be a very good year for Ripple and potentially XRP. If 2018 doesn't turn out like it is projected, then think about moving on from this project.  If you're looking to make a quick buck, you're in the wrong place. But I do believe that if XRP sticks and is adopted en masse, you'll see a nice jump like we have been seeing with IOTA as of late. Think of a soda can with a lot of built up pressure...as soon as you pop the top, it will shoot up all over the place. Something is brewing.

It is not simply being upset

If the "power moves" reverse themselves  you can be damn sure they are taking us down with them. So at the end of it, they get back to where they started from, or a little higher, and we finish down 60-70%.

That is where the worrying comes from, primarily.

5 minutes ago, corak said:

It is not simply being upset

If the "power moves" reverse themselves  you can be damn sure they are taking us down with them. So at the end of it, they get back to where they started from, or a little higher, and we finish down 60-70%.

That is where the worrying comes from, primarily.

This is why Ripple needs to separate itself from the pack and forge its own path, which I think they are attempting to do...obviously not an easy thing to do, but not impossible. But at the end of the day, as the old saying goes, don't invest more than you are willing to lose or don't invest money that will set you back (i.e. not being able to pay your monthly bills). 

Edited by PaulPierce34G

10 minutes ago, PaulPierce34G said:

This is why Ripple needs to separate itself from the pack and forge its own path, which I think they are attempting to do...obviously not an easy thing to do, but not impossible. But at the end of the day, as the old saying goes, don't invest more than you are willing to lose or don't invest money that will set you back (i.e. not being able to pay your monthly bills). 

Whether I can afford to lose it or not, I would still much rather not lose if I can help it.

Market conditions such as these require greater prudence. When XRP was $0.006 the position was worth very little and I didn't really have to concern myself with it. Now it's different. Even though I can afford to lose it now much the same way I could afford to lose it then.

Just now, corak said:

Whether I can afford to lose it or not, I would still much rather not lose if I can help it.

Market conditions such as these require greater prudence. When XRP was $0.006 the position was worth very little and I didn't really have to concern myself with it. Now it's different. Even though I can afford to lose it now much the same way I could afford to lose it then.

Nobody wants to lose.  If you have great fears or concerns, then sell off, take your cut, and you can live with the fact that you made a gain, if it ends up crashing down; or sell off what you put in, then you're playing with house money at that point, if you can or haven't already done so and let it ride. 

3 hours ago, Moriarty said:

a $2 value in 2018

If it hits $2 by the middle of 2018 I will be very pleased ... and also surprised.

1 hour ago, MrEman said:

If it hits $2 by the middle of 2018 I will be very pleased ... and also surprised.

Waking up at april first... checking coinmarketcap... tapping 24h volume for the morning routine.... Ripple +989.43%..... going back to sleep again.... soda can popped