Watch this and tell me you don't feel bad about XRP (from an XRP holder).

There are too many coins in the crypto space and most of it is pure speculation and hype.   XRP actually has a use case and is part of a nice tech stack of the Ripple ledger for banks. But every banker at the forum in Swell said they are not using XRP,  they simply cannot due to regulations and that there is no demand.  Why would you hold it when the group that XRP was designed for don't want or use it?  If you look at posts here and other forums, XRP has already mooned for a lot of old holders -- you'll see they talk about being set if it ever hits $.50 and it'd surpass expectations if it hits $1.  

I have said before there is great opportunity cost in holding XRP.   You keep your pulse on something like XRP,  not hold on to it religiously.   You are losing money when holding it when just about the whole crypto space is going up vs a coin where there are billions upon billions in circulation; billions released by Ripple and billions released by Jed McCaleb that causes great downward pressure. I think if you looked that the the top 100 or further, XRP is still one of the worst performers in that timeframe.  Hell, it fell against the USD which is saying something because since inflation is starting to hit the dollar harder this year.  

That being said, nothing in this space makes sense.  Iota just went nuts which is still an interesting beta product with a lot of potential.  Vertcoin has shot up like 1000% and Monacoin has shot up like 1300% in your time frame so it wouldn't surprise me if XRP becomes a 500 Billion crypto and I look like an idiot.

1 hour ago, Pablo said:

Not sure why you would pick that date. Seems very arbitrary. Did you check the price of XRP from a few weeks earlier in March 2017 against today's price? No other coins got close to that growth.

This. If you go back to March, a mere 2 months earlier in the timeline, the price of XRP was 0.006 cents.

You cant produce charts like these and get people to "compare the gains" when you're deliberately omitting XRP's most spectacular price rice this year. If you're going to do that of course you're going to feel bad. Nothing more to say.

Probably bought in at 35 cents. In which case its a choice to believe whether that was a good or a bad investment because the future is unknown. Seems like the only issue here is a lack of patience, cause #XRPTheStandard won't happen overnight.

Maybe this will help,

slow-and-steady.jpg

Edited by Morgan
7 hours ago, fatlever said:

There are too many coins in the crypto space and most of it is pure speculation and hype.   XRP actually has a use case and is part of a nice tech stack of the Ripple ledger for banks. But every banker at the forum in Swell said they are not using XRP,  they simply cannot due to regulations and that there is no demand.  Why would you hold it when the group that XRP was designed for don't want or use it?  If you look at posts here and other forums, XRP has already mooned for a lot of old holders -- you'll see they talk about being set if it ever hits $.50 and it'd surpass expectations if it hits $1.  

I have said before there is great opportunity cost in holding XRP.   You keep your pulse on something like XRP,  not hold on to it religiously.   You are losing money when holding it when just about the whole crypto space is going up vs a coin where there are billions upon billions in circulation; billions released by Ripple and billions released by Jed McCaleb that causes great downward pressure. I think if you looked that the the top 100 or further, XRP is still one of the worst performers in that timeframe.  Hell, it fell against the USD which is saying something because since inflation is starting to hit the dollar harder this year.  

That being said, nothing in this space makes sense.  Iota just went nuts which is still an interesting beta product with a lot of potential.  Vertcoin has shot up like 1000% and Monacoin has shot up like 1300% in your time frame so it wouldn't surprise me if XRP becomes a 500 Billion crypto and I look like an idiot.

XRP will not move to follow other coins, if ordinary people (like us) can not use it as a medium of exchange, at least this coin should be able to be used in the  exchanges, that way this coin will be more appreciated,. why BITCOIN, ETH, LTC  even DOGE is more valuable, because as you see, you can use those coins to buy another coin in exchanges,. can you magine we just can keep this coin in wallet, but we don;t know  how to use this coin,  this is foolish if this coin is only directed to be used for transaction purposes in the bank (at least at this moment, this is not the best marketing strategy IMO)  and I don;t hope XRP lose the momentum and even abandoned by its investors

So the simple way that can be done is,  the developer of this coin  must approach the exchanges market such as . bittrex, poloneix etc, so that xrp can be used as exchange tool  (as subject coin, not as object coin) which can be used to buy other coins

I do not know if this strategy  has been thought of by this coin developer

Maybe you wanna do something about this fact, than just "feel bad"? Short doing – swallow your pride and sell your hold gradually, or, if you feel strongly XRPatriotic, take the long doing – write to Rpiple this question: "What is the role of a small to medium private investor in Rpiple ecosystem?.". If we write en masse, they just will have to respond. Then take that response and arrange an online "What's Next for XRP" workshop among chat members.

9 hours ago, venetiancoin said:

I think I missed real opportunities getting into XRP.

Sometimes I have the same feelings about my 30 years long marriage laying on the beach and looking around me....

But then again: I love my wife and I’m in it for the long haul, for better for worse. 

So be a man and make your choice. 

I'm just trying to decide when to jump out of XLM back into XRP.  I was swing trading a small amount of XRP into the pair to get more XRP....  It sure worked...   :)

Now I'm trying to be greedy so I get max value before the correction.  Probably screw myself over as usual by trying to be smart.

5 hours ago, Ripple-Stiltskin said:

Sometimes I have the same feelings about my 30 years long marriage laying on the beach and looking around me....

But then again: I love my wife and I’m in it for the long haul, for better for worse. 

So be a man and make your choice. 

The problem is, we can;t compare our wife with XRP hahahah,.. isn;t it ? ,.. 

i can not compare my wife with xrp, this is not comparable,.. it's not worth it, we are foolish if doing that thing

3 minutes ago, Coretex said:

My guess would be it is the date when he bought in.

I guessed that straight away but I wanted him to confirm it - I assume he saw the price spiking and FOMO'd his way on board only to discover, like many new entrants, that he'd already missed his moon shot and has been holding the bag for 6 months.

Either that or he's a stright up FUDster.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.