Conversation with a whale

7 hours ago, XRP_Almighty_Q said:

Isn't it just about making money for them? Why don't they just convert to XRP? 

3 hours ago, Benchmark said:

Bitcoin has the most exposure and still looks okay if they want to make money in the coming years.

No. Control > Money

These people move markets.

Edited by Logchain

4 hours ago, XRP_Almighty_Q said:

I totally agree, but today returns on XRP going to $1 is equivalent to Bitcoin going to $30k.  Interesting that they wouldn't want to just pump XRP.  It would be way under the radar, since it would only be $1 (and most don't know what XRP is) vs Bitcoin being on every news outlet in the world if it went to $30k.

I think it was said (in another thread) that the 2nd quarter report implied that Ripple was keeping the price down intentionally, so maybe they had that knowledge.

I think there is still a big incentive to continue to let Bitcoin run the show. Pumping XRP past $1 while Bitcoin stays where it is just isn't how they are going to run this market. I think they are going to stretch Bitcoin before XRP takes off or any other digital asset takes off.

If they pump XRP to $1, $2, $3, then you risk destabilizing Bitcoin's dominance of the market which I don't think they will let happen.

(This is just my thought based off of nothing though).

3 hours ago, Soup said:

Do you expect any 2019 rise to be utility driven? or purely due to removal of selling pressure? 

Timelines are always hectic- the clock has already been delayed. To answer your question though... Yes I think so.

I think end of August should give us some clarity and by November(ish) I think we have a solid idea.

August "should" prepare us for the EOY 2019 and 2020 moving forwards.

I'm not calling for any PA during August.... I'm not calling for anything tbh.... But id imagine some "news" should front run the charts.

Yep, it's all just speculation. Fun to read, maybe true, maybe not. But what I'll do is, nothing. 

I'll hold and wait +5 and another  +5 years if I have too. I want my Crypto to earn, and it is right now in a custodial wallet. 

It's a most interesting chat... but if little utility. 

No one knows the future, so let's see what happens in the fullness of time, we have no other choice. 

#GLTA

15 hours ago, Logchain said:

No. Control > Money

These people move markets.

Do you think the launch of SBI VC tomorrow (31 July) will affect the price or the whales will still contnue holding it down?

EDIT: It doesn't look like it will affect it at all - since not everything is ready for a go. Would  be interesting to hear your thoughts or/if your whalepal mentioned this launch?

Edited by newtocrypto

45 minutes ago, newtocrypto said:

Do you think the launch of SBI VC tomorrow (31 July) will affect the price or the whales will still contnue holding it down?

EDIT: It doesn't look like it will affect it at all - since not everything is ready for a go. Would  be interesting to hear your thoughts or/if your whalepal mentioned this launch?

I thunk most people are not expecting an earthquake, but SBI VC have the potential of opening large new markets and to ramp up the price of XRP.   Opening SBI VC is expected to have a gradual positive impact on price, how gradual is a big unknown.

Edited by Julian_Williams

All the utility talking, all the usage, all the exchanges only speak for its POTENTIAL, which fuels speculation.

As long as the POTENTIAL still exists and there is no black swan incident, i.e. it probably won't die in the foreseeable future, the price will rise at some point.

But the whales decide if the price will rise, by how much and when.

3 minutes ago, Yodaxrp said:

Correct, but only untill they don't face trillions of utility induced volume. :rolleyes:

It's borderline HOPIUM as of now. The price rise will be close to 100% speculation during the pending bull run.

3 minutes ago, MQB said:

It's borderline HOPIUM as of now. The price rise will be close to 100% speculation during the pending bull run.

Sorry, but the only BORDERLINE here's you!!! Consult pls an online dictionary for the meaning of the word "untill".

1 minute ago, Yodaxrp said:

Sorry, but the only BORDERLINE here's you!!! Consult pls an online dictionary for the meaning of the word "untill".

Sorry you should google it up on how to spell "until". Until then you also need to understand what "as of now" means.

:bye:

1 minute ago, MQB said:

Sorry you should google it up on how to spell "until". Until then you also need to understand what "as of now" means.

:bye:

And you should speak at least 4 other languages....FU....D you!!!

13 minutes ago, Yodaxrp said:

And you should speak at least 4 other languages....FU....D you!!!

Yup, English is my second language. German third,  Japanese fourth.

What else?