Logchain

Conversation with a whale

On 12/7/2017 at 11:20 AM, Logchain said:

Awesome explanation thanks. I did gather that those doing the selling didn't quite care if they "recouped" or not. It seemed as though they accumulated low and sold high so even if they didn't spark a sell off they'd profit from selling higher than they initially bought.

He eluded to two outcomes, this being speculation on his part as no one has a crystal ball.

The first being that the whales would eventually lose to the mounting pressure building up under XRP, but they wouldn't rightly care as they would have taken profit, and those with deep pockets had enough XRP stored away that they weren't shorting the market with that it would end in a win-win situation for them. Secure profit now and have enough XRP stored away to guarantee even more profit down the road as XRP continues to appreciate in value.

The second prospect was that eventually the whales would no longer short the market, and instead would let the price skyrocket with little to no selling pressure. It seemed as if this situation would be targeted around a major announcement of some sort, but that would be hard to time without insider knowledge. This is of course after they had accumulated a large position in XRP, which if any of this is true, they already have.

Either way this is all fascinating to me. Thank you for the thought provoking conversation.

Are you still invested in XRP? Any chance you have spoken to your whale pal recently?

On 12/5/2017 at 1:27 PM, Logchain said:

I need to vent a little. Up until recently I was 100% invested in Ripple, sadly I have seen almost 0% return on my XRP holdings since I began investing. All the while watching bitcoin go 4x and every ****-coin under the sun enjoy steady appreciation. It's sucks, its beyond frustrating, and its starting to really bother me. I have refused to sell my XRP but I'm getting real close to selling off a major portion for simply no other reason than to appreciate in value on something that actually appreciates in value in order to buy back more XRP at a later date.

With that said, I will share a little something with everyone that I, up to this point, was never going to discuss openly.

I met my first whale not to long ago. I will first preface this "story" with the fact that I don't know you, you don't know me, and I don't know this guy (at least not well) so this should all be taken for a grain of salt.

We discussed many things, but of course I made sure the conversation switched to XRP. I asked a few questions, I will give a brief summary of our conversation below.

He mentioned that many maximalists hate XRP with a passion and view it as the biggest threat to the valuation of BTC.

He mentioned that a conglomerate of whales have stock piled XRP, and purposely dump it in mass and across several exchanges in unison anytime XRP begins a bull run.

When asked why he gave 2 reasons.

1: To deter new investors entering the market from investing in XRP while encouraging those who are invested to sell, this is simply due to frustration from a lack of valuation. Who wants to invest in a coin that's the same price/lower than it was 4-6 months ago? Judging from my own personal feelings/reaction and the comments from many on this board I would say they have been overly successful at this

2: So they can accumulate more XRP.

The silver lining? He said eventually the pressure to buy will outweigh their ability to sell. He anticipates that there will be some big news around XRP which will cause a massive increase in price, only this time the whales wont sell but will hold. Once they have a comfortable position in XRP that is, or until there is to much pressure to contain the price.

Lastly, when I asked him how he knew of this to be true, he simply said "because I do it."

Anyway, I'm not sure about the legitimacy of this. Is it possible for whales to control the price of XRP, or at least suppress it?

I seemed a little far fetched at the time but the more news/partnerships that are announced and followed by a big spike in price and a massive dump following leads me to believe he may be more right than wrong.

I always suspected that Bitcoin and other garbage leeches off of XRP. So I guess this sideways action is kind of sticking it to these whales? Must be somebody at Ripple behind that, heh.

1 hour ago, Logchain said:

Yes of course, I never left.

And yes... I still speak with "WhalePal" and I would even go so far as to say we've become friends.

We laugh now at the OP... which I caught some flack for haha.... Funny thing was less than a month after the OP XRP ran from 20 cents to its ATH above $3.

Anyway... I was speaking with WhalePal and it reminded me of this thread so I figured I'd come back and remind everyone that this "market manipulation" isn't new.... its been going on for awhile... and those orchestrating it are VERY good at what they do.

TBH I don't stay current with all the drama... but I'm seeing similar trends now that I did then. Frustration at XRP's price action, speculation that founders are dumping, etc...

I will close this as I started this long ago... You don't know me and I don't know you so please take it all for a grain of salt.

But given the current market climate I'd highly suggest y'all HODL because when the downwards pressure ceases....... this thing will fly

and rumor is that may be soon

Rumor says how soon?

Any possibility that people like this could be prosecuted for market manipulation? Perhaps not since regulation is sparse.

Either way, disgusting human beings if true.

Governments and Wall Street are the bad guys though. Ha

Edited by mrhat75

On 12/5/2017 at 1:27 PM, Logchain said:

He mentioned that many maximalists hate XRP with a passion and view it as the biggest threat to the valuation of BTC.

Isn't it just about making money for them? Why don't they just convert to XRP? 

On 7/27/2019 at 11:12 AM, Logchain said:

I don't have a crystal ball.

My friend and his whale pals react to what THEY do, "they" being whoever really runs the show.

The information these guys crunch and the systems of bots they run is massively impressive. They see things at a level most can't.

With that said I'm not here to spread hopium or act like I have secret info. IDK what will happen.

All rumors are based purely on speculative assumptions

If I had to give a time frame though.... I'd say November(ish) feels right.

@Elitefoo

3 hours ago, XRP_Almighty_Q said:

Isn't it just about making money for them? Why don't they just convert to XRP? 

Bitcoin has the most exposure and still looks okay if they want to make money in the coming years.

9 minutes ago, Benchmark said:

Bitcoin has the most exposure and still looks okay if they want to make money in the coming years.

I totally agree, but today returns on XRP going to $1 is equivalent to Bitcoin going to $30k.  Interesting that they wouldn't want to just pump XRP.  It would be way under the radar, since it would only be $1 (and most don't know what XRP is) vs Bitcoin being on every news outlet in the world if it went to $30k.

I think it was said (in another thread) that the 2nd quarter report implied that Ripple was keeping the price down intentionally, so maybe they had that knowledge.

Edited by XRP_Almighty_Q

On 7/26/2019 at 4:32 PM, Logchain said:

Yes of course, I never left.

And yes... I still speak with "WhalePal" and I would even go so far as to say we've become friends.

We laugh now at the OP... which I caught some flack for haha.... Funny thing was less than a month after the OP XRP ran from 20 cents to its ATH above $3.

Anyway... I was speaking with WhalePal and it reminded me of this thread so I figured I'd come back and remind everyone that this "market manipulation" isn't new.... its been going on for awhile... and those orchestrating it are VERY good at what they do.

TBH I don't stay current with all the drama... but I'm seeing similar trends now that I did then. Frustration at XRP's price action, speculation that founders are dumping, etc...

I will close this as I started this long ago... You don't know me and I don't know you so please take it all for a grain of salt.

But given the current market climate I'd highly suggest y'all HODL because when the downwards pressure ceases....... this thing will fly

and rumor is that may be soon

are you the said whale?