panmores

Bitcoin Futures -- The Next Big Short?

38 minutes ago, mistatee2000 said:

Interesting. I also have my hopes that XRP may feature on the futures market, however, even with the escrow lock-up I'm wondering if the likes of CME might still be concerned that Ripple could have a significant impact by releasing 1billion XRP every month. I doubt that XRP would, but these futures companies like to be in control from every angle

Could CME, like......buy an awful large amount of XRP and not worry about that?  :JC_thinking::biggrin:

16 minutes ago, Kiir said:

Could CME, like......buy an awful large amount of XRP and not worry about that?  :JC_thinking::biggrin:

I agree and under normal circumstances they could buy more to keep control ofthe supply if that was a fear, however, with such a new market, are they prepared to take that risk? Only time will tell

19 minutes ago, Kiir said:

1 minute ago, mistatee2000 said:

I agree and under normal circumstances they could buy more to keep control ofthe supply if that was a fear, however, with such a new market, are they prepared to take that risk? Only time will tell

Seems neither CME nor Cboa will hold any Bitcoin despite launching the futures contracts...