Rogier

Sold 20% of my xrp

I follow this forum now a while.

What I think is XRP will fall down in december.

I had 50000 XRP with no profit.

A lot of people will get tired of the €0.206 balance. (I bought in € because i am Dutch)

Why wait for MAYBE it will go up? And when it rises I can buy xrp when I want.

The direction of XRP does not support us. That is obvious. So....why should I support them ? 

So today I sold 10000 XRP and when end of the week the XRP is not up...I sell everything.

Maybe you should do all before the whole world dumps XRP...

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH. But I hope you think twice this month about keep all your XRP or sell it before its worth nothing  

7 minutes ago, Rogier said:

A lot of people will get tired of the €0.206 balance. (I bought in € because i am Dutch)

The direction of XRP does not support us. That is obvious. So....why should I support them ? 

So today I sold 10000 XRP and when end of the week the XRP is not up...I sell everything.

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH. But I hope you think twice this month about keep all your XRP or sell it before its worth nothing  

Sounds like you might have lost principle chasing wild gains...

Edited by Hodlezerper

5 minutes ago, Sarnos said:

(apart from that xrp been ideal for day trading not this rollercoaster crap with other currencies)

Actually it is, but I don´t have enough yet to starts. So far I just try buy the lows as low as possible. :D

26 minutes ago, Rogier said:

1) Umm have you see the return for XRP for the year!?  I have made a profit and so has many others on this fourm.

2) If you do not have the patience to hold, then maybe you shouldn't invest in crypto currencies

3) Let me guess, you are going to sell all your XRP and buy XLM/STR

4) Thanks for posting Troll

@Rogier Hi...

I know a bunch of people in Canada who are thinking the same... do a soft exit into Bitcoin... the question is always when for the following reasons:

• Ripple will have some sort of Quarterly and Annual reporting objective. I expect that they will use this with banks to show that they have a stable crypto. So it maybe the case, that with the increase in XRP valuation in the spring, that they have enough to show for the current 2017 year.
  • Worse... I think Q1 is traditionally a period of strong crypto growth for Bitcoin, at least, so moving to BTC from a weak XRP would be difficult

The unfortunate part, is that Ripple insiders will be selling XRP for USD and BTC, just as they always have to support their interests, then when there is an anticipated move in XRP, they could move back in.

In crypto, we do not have Insider Reports which identify :

• who sold,
  • how much and
  • when.
Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Max Entropy said:

@Rogier Hi...

I know a bunch of people in Canada who are thinking the same... do a soft exit into Bitcoin... the question is always when for the following reasons:

• Ripple will have some sort of Quarterly and Annual reporting objective. I expect that they will use this with banks to show that they have a stable crypto. So it maybe the case, that with the increase in XRP valuation in the spring, that they have enough to show for the current 2017 year.
  • Worse... I think Q1 is traditionally a period of strong crypto growth for Bitcoin, at least, so moving to BTC from a weak XRP would be difficult

The unfortunate part, is that Ripple insiders will be selling XRP for USD and BTC, just as they always have to support their interests, then when there is an anticipated move in XRP, they could move back in. In crypto, we do not have Insider Reports which identify who sold, how much and when.

Separate from my previous questions,

Does Canada impose a capital gains tax on crypto similar to the US?

If so, soft exiting to bitcoin would still make them liable for tax.

lets pretend someone started with $1 and their crypto went up to $10,000 but they decided to do a soft exit, as you say. What if they simply don’t have the cash on hand to pay for their tax liability because they’ve become so wealthy over such a short period of time...Do you anticipate tax authorities not jumping in on that?