Sign in to follow this  
PaulKim

If/When there is a Ripple IPO, would you sell your XRP for shares?

I'd probably just invest fresh money in Ripple's shares. I always have the feeling if I sell my zerps they'll skyrocket so I'll wait for 1 more year before making the decision whether or not to stick around.

Ripple is the company promoting xrp and if I remember right the xrp owned by the company is marginal low due to it being owned by private persons e.g Jed ....

So the only thing that would increase the value (in a larger scale) of Ripple as company is the more people depend on xrp and want it to be developed (and of course the revenue threw xCurrent and etc.)

So in theory a well balanced asset combi of xrp and the shares (if theyd exsist) would make sense with a bit more of xrp than share :D

@Hodor, like everyone, I hope for more sooner.  It can be uncomfortable holding XRP while other cryptos rise.  It's tempting to put money to work elsewhere knowing there is a very good chance you will be able to reinvest in XRP without much risk of sudden upward price movement.  I have been researching Ripple and its competitors tirelessly for months and I firmly believe in Ripple.  However, XRP does seem to move within a defined range and that is mildly concerning.  There seems to be a daunting sell wall that may or may not be exasperated by Ripple supply as well as Jed and others' holdings.  Apparently, we need news that is so good it breaks through these barriers.  I will continue to believe we will at some point.  At least there's not too much downside to hodling.  

Edited by XRPledger

22 minutes ago, workerX said:

who owns the shares of ripple inc.?

Ripple is a private company.  There are no publicly traded shares. 

It's also probably more likely for Ripple to take a private buyout offer instead of going public with an IPO.  As others have said...they are profitable as a corporation solely because of their XRP holdings.  They license there ILP with partners, but I'm not sure they can drive enough licensing money to sustain some kind of services business model.