rowling

Xrp, the biggest opportunity cost

As I am somewhat cautious with money, I'm sticking with XRP/Ripple because they are a real business with terrific personnel and board members, a well-executed plan, and a really spectacular use case.

It's my most speculative investment (and I do consider it an investment) and will be happy to continue to watch it bring slow and steady returns, if that is all it ever does.

That being said, I consider the possibility that it could see massive gains as a distinct possibility. :D

37 minutes ago, zenkert said:

A little FUDDER we have here maybe, or she/he is soooo disappointed that XRP has not matched the expecatations he/she had.
And now having seconds, like this . . .
 - Hmmm . . . I really wonder if I made the right call?

I see no other reason why still checking whats going on, since the divorce is done. Or is it? :D

No, I believe in the project, but I want to make money, that was my goal getting into crypto. So I don't have to end up a corporate slave. Hence I check reddit and this forum, I believe XRP will have its day too, like btc and eth

3 minutes ago, rowling said:

No, I believe in the project, but I want to make money, that was my goal getting into crypto. So I don't have to end up a corporate slave. Hence I check reddit and this forum, I believe XRP will have its day too, like btc and eth

So why did you file and made the divorce from XRP, then ?

2 minutes ago, rowling said:

With your strategy, it will come down to being in the right place at the right time....if you can’t time it right your next topic might read “XRP, my biggest opportunity lost” 

Xrp hodlers are always going to be in the right place at the right time in the event the train leaves the station :)

ALL OF YOU ARE WRONG

even rational choice is not more than a feeling in other words THE ONLY THING THAT COUNTS .... is .... isssss .... 

IS DEMAND

If little girl Sissy sells a "worthless" rock to a billionaire for all his money it will have the same effect as if a mass of people pay billions to get xrp  

The only difference though is that rational choice is a more reliable feeling (so xrp got better chances at the moment than most other cryptos (chances do not really exsist it is a consctruction))

1 hour ago, rowling said:

I have to say I'm glad I got out of XRP a while ago although I check here and reddit everyday make sure I don't miss the good news. I believe it'll go up one day but not anytime soon

Anyway, how are you guys feeling about this? I feel bad for people who bought at 30+ cents

Why do you feel sorry for the people that got in at 30 cent, it's still cheap. This is all giving us a chance to hold more, it's a blessing in disguise. 

2 hours ago, rowling said:

I have to say I'm glad I got out of XRP a while ago although I check here and reddit everyday make sure I don't miss the good news. I believe it'll go up one day but not anytime soon

Anyway, how are you guys feeling about this? I feel bad for people who bought at 30+ cents

lol your gonna have some big regrets in the future potentially, by the way you shouldn't be affected by the day to day price, thats not what matters. People just get mad when they see every other speculative crypto rise 100% in a few days

26 minutes ago, Sarnos said:

ALL OF YOU ARE WRONG

even rational choice is not more than a feeling in other words THE ONLY THING THAT COUNTS .... is .... isssss .... 

IS DEMAND

If little girl Sissy sells a "worthless" rock to a billionaire for all his money it will have the same effect as if a mass of people pay billions to get xrp  

The only difference though is that rational choice is a more reliable feeling (so xrp got better chances at the moment than most other cryptos (chances do not really exsist it is a consctruction))

We could argue about that over a couple of Beers @Sarnos and I am sure we will enjoy while doing it, since we both have trust in XRP. :beach:

Edited by zenkert

21 minutes ago, Sarnos said:

ALL OF YOU ARE WRONG

IS DEMAND

Close but, even by your own later statement that rational choice is more reliable, you contradict the earlier assertion that rational choice is not more than a feeling.

It would be more precise to say that rational choice begins with feeling to which reasoning is applied to increase reliability.  It would be even more precise to say that valuation always begins in feeling. Reasoning can improve the reliability of particular feelings, but virtually all forms of reasoning require feeling/valuation to proceed. 

There has been a recent uptick in the number of posts like these very recently. Considering that xrp has lost 33% of its value against bitcoin in the past week simultaneously while much lesser coins have been keeping pace or increasing signals that something has changed in the implementation of ripple's strategy. I don't have to mention also that Ripple has never had so many FI's partnered with them and never appeared more valuable as a company then today.

If these types of posts are going to be labeled FUD then we need to redefine FUD. If OP was saying this when xrp was at .40 and 20,000 satoshis then I would have called it FUD but today it's just obvious something within ripple's strategy has changed which unfortunately is decimating it's strength against not only BTC but other lesser coins as well.

Katz did reiterate two days ago that they are mitigating volatility(keeping the price within a narrower range) in order to encourage FI's that holding xrp  is not going to be costly. Makes me wonder if they couldn't have let it go as high as it should and then naturally it would have settled lower but I doubt that would've been what it is now.

21 minutes ago, diggitydog said:

If OP was saying this when xrp was at .40 and 20,000 satoshis then I would have called it FUD but today it's just obvious something within ripple's strategy has changed which unfortunately is decimating it's strength against not only BTC but other lesser coins as well.

:D Kindly and gently put, but that is FUD too, or maybe FOMO :D

Edited by zenkert

23 minutes ago, zenkert said:

:D Kindly and gently put, but that is FUD too, or maybe FOMO :D

If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Kindly replace hammer with confirmation bias and replace nail with FUD ;)

7 minutes ago, diggitydog said:

If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Kindly replace hammer with confirmation bias and replace nail with FUD ;)

In fact I do not own a hammer, I just use my head :dash1:

2 hours ago, diggitydog said:

Sounds painful but not as painful as xrp's price

XRP's price seems fine considering where it started the year.  XRP is still up 300% more than Bitcoin this year, and has made incredible strides towards achieving its use case, especially compared to Bitcoin, which has become a "store of value" and is accepted by fewer business this year than it was last year.  Sorry, Bitcoin has found its new use case, forking, It's great at that. I mean forks and potential forks are what have propped up its value since June.