BDXRP

Why XRP doesn’t increase in value

Controlled... just like gold is... think CME skills

46 minutes ago, BDXRP said:

average cost is about 0.7% via XRP and has limited gateway compared to 0.05/0.1% spreads via other liquidity providers/traditional methods.

How do you calculate that?? The current minimum transaction cost required by the network for a standard transaction is 0.00001 XRP(10 drops). So unless you see the price of XRP  700 times USD, I don't get your 0,7%.

Please explain further. 

btw. Nothing wrong being critical, I also hold a very big bag XRP and sometimes have my bad days, questioning if I do the right thing.

Edited by CryptoGerrie

2 hours ago, BDXRP said:

they are going to sell 1billion XRP a month.

Stopped reading after that. Uninformed FUDers are coming endlessly like zombies lol

Edited by quan

55 minutes ago, BDXRP said:

Your right! But western union and transferwise pricing with there bank is razor sharp so they can then resell to their customer at 0.5 / 1%

if you are western union and you source liquidity through XRP it will be costing you 0.7% spreads with limited options.

Just don't get what you are saying here... myself and probably a lot of other people too here reading your topic.

Can you illustrate with a simple example perhaps like this?

Person A in Australia  <->  Cost of Interim Step 1 <-> Cost of Interim Step 2 <-> Cost of Interim Step 3 <-> ... <-> Cost of Last Step <-> Person B in USA for each of:

1. Cost using Ripple/XRP

2. Cost using your alternative method

?

Edited by Streamliner

2 hours ago, BDXRP said:

He’s my professional opinion and first hand knowledge. 

1. Although XRP is very cheap to make a crypto to crypto transfer, to transfer from AUDUSD it costs over 1% margin regardless of the volume. The market makers spreads are huge.

This makes the interbank pricing not competitive compared to traditional swift methods.

2. XRP will never be like ETH, BTC and others because ripple control and own so much of it. It’s not decentralised yet, IMO they should just burn it.

3. I’ve noticed Ripple meeting up their “community” members recently because they have started to realise that this is very important. 

I sold all of my XRP a few months back and invested in power ledger, Walton chain, Salt & Wanchain. I have made MUCH more money than holding XRP. 

Unless ripple burn what they hold it will slowly move down coinmarketcap. They need to work with the crypto community and stop slagging of bitcoin and others. 

The current value of XRP is based of speculation, they have hardly any gateways, they don’t offer masternodes or incentives to community members/investors and to top it off they are going to sell 1billion XRP a month. No one wants to make Ripple rich .

Why am I writing this? I want XRP to be the best but their business model sucks!

please change it and look after investors not just banks/corporates.

Yes I agree roundeye shetbull luv you longtime bustard

3 minutes ago, WillGetThere said:

@Ripple-Stiltskin fuzz and stress is decent price for a decent return.

You are back inareXRP only now AFTER making some return on BCH - well done

Thanks, in a way I like the excitement of trading, but I’m the worst trader and it put stress on my marriage and our dog.

@TplusZero "A straight line enabling a virtuous circle. Everytime $XRP goes , odds increase for it to succeed." - agree and there is logic behind as well as behind Ripple not burning their holdings. BUT your tweet is dated 09 Aug and we've beed seeing a lot of amazingly positive news coming since then. Aaaaaand nothing has happend to XRP price. I know Ripple has been developing its business model (which looks great AS OF TODAY) for a while but there are competitors out there and they are not sleeping and we can't calm ourselves down by thinking that it would take AGES for a competitor to develop smth similar to what Ripple has - with current technologies and wild cryto market it might take much less time to come up with a decent competitive idea.

And one more thought - think of new ppl just discovering about XRP - many of them seeing any shitcoin skyrocketing would get into XRP and get out of it pretty fast. They will loose hope and never come back, spread FUD.

I decided to diversify into IOTA, EOS and BCH. I paid out the nose for each of them, but I got the XRPs that I'm paying with pretty cheap, so all is well. Better late than never.

I imagine in 2020 I could cash those other things out and XRP will still be there waiting for me. If not, all the better, I still have ~85% in it after all.

How is it possible that you are not making any profits?  (Excluding buying at ATH)

I have bought my first XRP in June (at ~.14€) and been buying since, first time I wasn't in the green in the last months was that recent dump, even then it wasn't anything to sweat about. 

Butthen, I kept BTC/LTC for almost 4yrs so I have no problem with keeping long positions.