BDXRP

Why XRP doesn’t increase in value

He’s my professional opinion and first hand knowledge. 

1. Although XRP is very cheap to make a crypto to crypto transfer, to transfer from AUDUSD it costs over 1% margin regardless of the volume. The market makers spreads are huge.

This makes the interbank pricing not competitive compared to traditional swift methods.

2. XRP will never be like ETH, BTC and others because ripple control and own so much of it. It’s not decentralised yet, IMO they should just burn it.

3. I’ve noticed Ripple meeting up their “community” members recently because they have started to realise that this is very important. 

I sold all of my XRP a few months back and invested in power ledger, Walton chain, Salt & Wanchain. I have made MUCH more money than holding XRP. 

Unless ripple burn what they hold it will slowly move down coinmarketcap. They need to work with the crypto community and stop slagging of bitcoin and others. 

The current value of XRP is based of speculation, they have hardly any gateways, they don’t offer masternodes or incentives to community members/investors and to top it off they are going to sell 1billion XRP a month. No one wants to make Ripple rich .

Why am I writing this? I want XRP to be the best but their business model sucks!

please change it and look after investors not just banks/corporates.

Edited by BDXRP

I agree they need to focus on community and stop "slagging of" bitcoin, ethereum and other crypto projects, the primary reason they have been so successful IMO is the community. Also agree that if you want to make quick money, you are better off investing else where, jump on a small circulation coin and enjoy "pump and dumps" or other projects that you think will be successfull long / short term. Ultimately, investing is about getting the best return for your capital from the risk you are willing to take on.

If you want a project that is developed on a solid use case, with a professional team Ripple, a business that will be around for years to come to keep developing the blockchain, XRP is a fantastic investment and (IMO) safe investment for this space. 

My tip: Diversify in accordance with your risk profile.

31 minutes ago, BDXRP said:

I sold all of my XRP a few months back and invested in power ledger, Walton chain, Salt & Wanchain. I have made MUCH more money than holding XRP. 

And still have the energy to come over here and spread your negativity nonsense?

Let it go bro, move on! Concentrate on the positive things in life, go to the Walton chain forum and spread love.

23 minutes ago, MrEman said:

I'm not an expert numbers cruncher, but it's easy to figure out: if the supply is so huge, the value won't climb.

Thanks for this insight. This is a new argument for this community, it’s for the first time somebody raises this issue.

I think we’re all done here then and have to sell our stacks. Merry X- Mas 2U2.

you obviously misunderstand what the company is trying to achieve. their primary objective is not to increase the value of xrp - this will occur naturally if they can achieve their goals. sell your 1000 xrp and buy some doge

57 minutes ago, BDXRP said:

He’s my professional opinion and first hand knowledge. 

1. Although XRP is very cheap to make a crypto to crypto transfer, to transfer from AUDUSD it costs over 1% margin regardless of the volume. The market makers spreads are huge.

This makes the interbank pricing not competitive compared to traditional swift methods.

2. XRP will never be like ETH, BTC and others because ripple control and own so much of it. It’s not decentralised yet, IMO they should just burn it.

3. I’ve noticed Ripple meeting up their “community” members recently because they have started to realise that this is very important. 

Unless ripple burn what they hold it will slowly move down coinmarketcap. They need to work with the crypto community and stop slagging of bitcoin and others. 

The current value of XRP is based of speculation, they have hardly any gateways, they don’t offer masternodes or incentives to community members/investors and to top it off they are going to sell 1billion XRP a month. No one wants to make Ripple rich .

Why am I writing this? I want XRP to be the best but their business model sucks!

please change it and look after investors not just banks/corporates.

You seem to miss the point that if there is a valid use-case then entities would use Ripple and XRP irrespective of how much Ripple owns XRP.

Since when did you care that Bill Gates and Mark Zuckerberg are so rich and you don't want them to be rich? Yet, you would probably have used Windows and Facebook at some point in your life because it's useful right?

Also, XRP is not necessarily going to climb at exactly 0.1 cents per week or month or something.. you may see prices fluctuate around 0.25c and then sometime in the future, suddenly $1.25, $2, $2.5.. etc. in matter of weeks.

Edited by Streamliner

5 minutes ago, nsfp said:

you obviously misunderstand what the company is trying to achieve. their primary objective is not to increase the value of xrp - this will occur naturally if they can achieve their goals. sell your 1000 xrp and buy some doge

It matters NOT "what the company is trying to achieve" nor do I care. If XRP doesn't increase in value, it will fall flat -- like the amateur sarcasm from some of the respondents in this thread.

@Streamliner You don’t understand, the use case of XRP is instant settlement for cross border payments. But the spreads are much wider that traditional methods, therefore XRP is not cheap to wire funds from AUD USD for example.

average cost is about 0.7% via XRP and has limited gateway compared to 0.05/0.1% spreads via other liquidity providers/traditional methods.