BDXRP

Why XRP doesn’t increase in value

you obviously misunderstand what the company is trying to achieve. their primary objective is not to increase the value of xrp - this will occur naturally if they can achieve their goals. sell your 1000 xrp and buy some doge
Hahaha you really have no idea do you?
Ripple's main focus is to increase the value. The higher the value the more liquid it becomes the better it works

But please stay away from XRP, and stop this FUD.
I hope you have fun with your Doge.

6 hours ago, WillGetThere said:

@TplusZero "A straight line enabling a virtuous circle. Everytime $XRP goes , odds increase for it to succeed." - agree and there is logic behind as well as behind Ripple not burning their holdings. BUT your tweet is dated 09 Aug and we've beed seeing a lot of amazingly positive news coming since then. Aaaaaand nothing has happend to XRP price. I know Ripple has been developing its business model (which looks great AS OF TODAY) for a while but there are competitors out there and they are not sleeping and we can't calm ourselves down by thinking that it would take AGES for a competitor to develop smth similar to what Ripple has - with current technologies and wild cryto market it might take much less time to come up with a decent competitive idea.

XRP price is up ~36% since August 9th (and we just had a correction from touching $0.30 a couple days ago). It's a testament to the ridiculous expectations in crypto-land that a 36% increase in less than 4 months is considered "nothing happened."

A traditional stock or real estate investor would literally **** their pants and have a heart attack if any of their investments had that kind of gain.

2 hours ago, bachmanity said:

I understand that longterm XRP hodlers hate XLM and Jed. But your information about XLM is wrong. Im not saying that people should buy XLM right now, time to buy was a week after IBM announcement

Its not one random announcement and its not temporary use. Your comments are the same as people, like the OP, who spread FUD because they dont really care about the coin and don't want to do the research.

Errr...answer to the attached question is given by IBM‘s CTO, who has been involved in the partnership. He clearly indicates that XLM is not positioned as the universal bridge asset (ie not like XRP), rather he points out XLM‘s blockchain value as settlement system...so XLM’s value prop predominantly the tiny fee destruction for every transaction. XLM‘s potential value is a *fraction* of what Ripple plans for XRP.

53608B86-1C3E-4DA1-B9D4-FD9DD5A6F42E.jpeg

Edited by TplusZero

Either purposefully or out of ignorance, OP is setting up a strawman of Ripple's actual business model. AUD/USD is not the market they are after with Xrapid, at least not initially. Nor is USD/EU, USD GBP, etc. They have clearly stated they are going after markets between exotic pairs in which standard bank remittances have exorbitant fees. 

As to why it is not acting as volatile as other crypto...one can speculate all day long. Is Ripple "manipulating" the price? They have made no secret that they sell a large amount monthly, so I guess if one considers selling a good to be manipulation, then anytime any of us sell it is technically manipulation as well. It never ceases to amaze me at how surprised people are to see how free markets work. 

You think Ripple should "burn" their XRP...umm okay. I think that everyone except for me should burn half of all their holdings. Just think of how much XRP will be worth then!! Actually you should all burn 99% of your holdings. Only then will I be rich, and as we all know, making me rich should be the goal of any business or individuals operating in this space.

9 hours ago, BDXRP said:

@Streamliner You don’t understand, the use case of XRP is instant settlement for cross border payments. But the spreads are much wider that traditional methods, therefore XRP is not cheap to wire funds from AUD USD for example.

average cost is about 0.7% via XRP and has limited gateway compared to 0.05/0.1% spreads via other liquidity providers/traditional methods.

Would you mind elaborating on that a bit? I'm kindergarten level here, so I'd love the insight. 

Could that be because USD/AUD is already pretty cheap? Do you think XRP could be cheaper or the more exotic pairs? 

Are you suggesting XRP will always be too expensive as its a function of the network somehow? I thought fees were cheap for XRP. Or is that just what you're being charged because they have to source the XRP with wild swings...Could you see all of that getting cheaper with more liquidity? 

19 minutes ago, TplusZero said:

Errr...answer to the attached question is given by IBM‘s CTO, who has been involved in the partnership. He clearly indicates that XLM is not positioned as the universal bridge asset (ie not like XRP), rather he points out XLM‘s blockchain value as settlement system...so as the value prop is the tiny fee destruction for every transaction, XLM‘s potential value is a *fraction* of what Ripple plans for XRP.

Ill try to respond without turning this thread all about stellar

I dont really mean the following about you in particular, more so as a generalization from what i have read from multiple people on XRP chat.

Yes, that reddit AMA by the CTO was excellent. But what he said is different from saying that IBMs use of XLM is temporary. The CTO also discussed how tight the partnership is and to expect much more big news. Sounds very similar to XRPs idea that FIs and banks can use the network without being locked into using XRP (yet we know the native asset is likely their best choice in the longterm). Every XRP hodler seems fine with this, including me, yet when stellar does it, it means that XLM is sh*t?

Stellar had the big news of IBM partnership, yet XRP people down play it as a grasp at straws for both companies. Satoshi pay announces partnership with stellar and changes its default ledger from IOTA to stellar. Novatti announces stellar partnership. IBM adds new nodes over 8 countries on 5 different continents, stellar co founder tweets "this is significant, mark my words." There are many other rumors swirling about.

XRP hodlers would be rejoicing and freaking out if this was ripple, but yet claim that XLM has had one random announcement and they wouldn't touch stellar with a 10 foot pole.

The bias is unreal

@ProfHughes first of all I guess its totally wrong to compare "crypto land" to traditional stock investor or real estate investor. Apples to apples, you know...

Second of all - try to go to ETH/XLM/BCH/ANYDECENTCOIN guys and tell them about crazy 36% return on XRP since 9 Aug with huge number of great news on XRP..;)

31 minutes ago, bachmanity said:

Ill try to respond without turning this thread all about stellar

I dont really mean the following about you in particular, more so as a generalization from what i have read from multiple people on XRP chat.

Yes, that reddit AMA by the CTO was excellent. But what he said is different from saying that IBMs use of XLM is temporary. The CTO also discussed how tight the partnership is and to expect much more big news. Sounds very similar to XRPs idea that FIs and banks can use the network without being locked into using XRP (yet we know the native asset is likely their best choice in the longterm). Every XRP hodler seems fine with this, including me, yet when stellar does it, it means that XLM is sh*t?

Stellar had the big news of IBM partnership, yet XRP people down play it as a grasp at straws for both companies. Satoshi pay announces partnership with stellar and changes its default ledger from IOTA to stellar. Novatti announces stellar partnership. IBM adds new nodes over 8 countries on 5 different continents, stellar co founder tweets "this is significant, mark my words." There are many other rumors swirling about.

XRP hodlers would be rejoicing and freaking out if this was ripple, but yet claim that XLM has had one random announcement and they wouldn't touch stellar with a 10 foot pole.

The bias is unreal

Yes, early XRP backers can be salty in terms of Stellar, because Jed betrayed the entire community, spreading FUD, dumping his holdings in an aggressive way. How can you possibly trust someone like that?

Also, compare the commitment of the IBM CTO with eg the commitment of one of Ripple‘s major partners (which, btw are a financial institution originating real payments):

2 minutes ago, TplusZero said:

Yes, early XRP backers can be salty in terms of Stellar, because Jed betrayed the entire community, spreading FUD, dumping his holdings in an aggressive way. How can you possibly trust someone like that?

Also, compare the commitment of the IBM CTO with eg the commitment of one of Ripple‘s major partners (which, btw are a financial institution originating real payments):

There we can both agree. Ripple and XRP are both the superior company and currency

10 hours ago, BDXRP said:

Huh? Have you seen the volume of ETH and BTC it’s much more liquid, BTC is about x20 the volume of XRP if not more.

Hi BDXRP,

me too was thinking, by error, about huge XRP availability as a real pb. You have to consider XRP  as digital token NOT an altcoin.

Its business model is completely different comparing Bitcoin and other cc.

Here, scarcity, is not the real critical factor of success comparing the increasing number of use cases..

First they laugh at us, then they fight us, then in the long run we win.

Bdxrp I knew you was a w.a.n.k.e.r from our private chats. Now the whole xrpchat board knows your a w.a.n.k.e.r too.

Edited by deepinripple

20 hours ago, dvdman said:

I am holding XRP along with other coins. I have to admit, I feel like other coins have increased or are trading differently than Ripple over the past 6 months. More or less, in the last month. I first thought....

-maybe someone is selling (who owns a great amount) and it keeps the price from breaking out.  Taking profits every time it rallies.

-maybe the Ripple community 

I am a believer in Ripple. I compare the news that comes out and it feels like Ripple should be just a little higher. Maybe in .30 range or so. Nothing crazy. I feel like Stellar, Cardano, Iota, and Ripple all have had great news announcements recently and their coins are showing it. Ripple barely hanging in there.

Thats because alot of xrp investors have already got their money in and are just accumulating when they can. We dont wait for a news announcement to quickly throw money into it to catch the rise like the other ones you have mentioned. I've invested on ripples end goal and im sure most others have to.

Its good that we dont get huge price rises when announcements come out as it keeps the pump and dumpers out, which helps keep xrp stable.