Amigo

Did Brad Garlinghouse just hint on consumer payments?

I came here to post this but was low on my daily xrpnews, so got a bit occupied in other threads, as long as it's here :)

Well, the whole AMEX announcement hinted that Ripple is quicky progressing towards phase two adoption. First phase was to get enough banks to create a working global network to route value.

Edited by Guest

If he was not the one who wrote the Peanut Butter Manifesto, I might now be worried about them spreading themselves too thin.

Edited by Guest

I don't necessarily see it as him hinting at it being used soon for consumer payments.  Rather, I think he is issuing a clever jab:  To everyone who sees Bitcoin as the inevitable digital currency to be used for consumer payments, wake up and see that it has major problems in that regard.  

Of course, he hasn't ruled anything out for that use-case.  But in interviews I have seen him asked about that and he is pretty firm about maintaining focus on cross border bank transfers.  If that works out as we all expect, the possibilities are piled high and deep...

2 minutes ago, XRPeteSampras said:

But in interviews I have seen him asked about that and he is pretty firm about maintaining focus on cross border bank transfers.

I've noticed a change in message in recent times...  it's no longer only cross border settlement but the more recent comments have been about payments.  Certainly the Amex connection is payments.