deepinripple

What's your guess on when escrow will be announced

My guess is within the next couple weeks, strategically aligned with either an opportunistic lull in news in the competitive space, or as the cherry on a run-up of positive Ripple news that gets a lot of attention on Ripple so the lockup gets maximum spikage.  These reasons I think are why it hasn't happened yet; they don't want to waste this one-shot ICBM.  I can't see them waiting until after mid-December because the mystery surrounding the date trends to zero and their justifications for keeping it a mystery in the first place become discredited, not to mention they will start to look like they might not do it if they wait till the last minute, and this could cause havoc with the price.

Edited by galgitron

1 hour ago, galgitron said:

My guess is within the next couple weeks, strategically aligned with either an opportunistic lull in news in the competitive space, or as the cherry on a run-up of positive Ripple news that gets a lot of attention on Ripple so the lockup gets maximum spikage.  These reasons I think are why it hasn't happened yet; they don't want to waste this one-shot ICBM.  I can't see them waiting until after mid-December because the mystery surrounding the date trends to zero and their justifications for keeping it a mystery in the first place become discredited, not to mention they will start to look like they might not do it if they wait till the last minute, and this could cause havoc with the price.

do you really think ripple is using this as a strategic move to bump it's price up? and wouldn't they already have a date in place long time ago rather than waiting for the right moment?

9 minutes ago, L'unico said:

I think either they won't anymore, or they will delay it. Nothing happens in business during the month of December.

I very much doubt they would delay it, implications for both the price of XRP at the point the delay would be announced and more importantly the long term relationship with clients/perception of Ripple sticking to their commitments would be too negative to take that risk. Even if the initial price impact wasn't a concern, the global perception of Ripple skipping a major commitment like that would make building further relationships and client base much more difficult.

3 minutes ago, fareed said:

I very much doubt they would delay it, implications for both the price of XRP at the point the delay would be announced and more importantly the long term relationship with clients/perception of Ripple sticking to their commitments would be too negative to take that risk. Even if the initial price impact wasn't a concern, the global perception of Ripple skipping a major commitment like that would make building further relationships and client base much more difficult.

Agree with all that, and the idea that it's in they're best interest to do the escrow. But I can't escape the thought that things like this don't wait until the last minute unless there's a delay about to be announced.

Maybe because it's literally like locking away billions of dollars that gives them pause.

1 minute ago, L'unico said:

Agree with all that, and the idea that it's in they're best interest to do the escrow. But I can't escape the thought that things like this don't wait until the last minute unless there's a delay about to be announced.

Maybe because it's literally like locking away billions of dollars that gives them pause.

My thought is the other end of the spectrum to be honest. Without knowing the ins and outs/instrinsic details of what it takes to lock up 55billion xrp in a digital contract, I would assume that its technically complicated and the work behind it to make sure the process is secure not just for the lock up, but the following 5-10 years of monthly releases is likely to be fairly hefty!

I work in production/project management within the events industry and If we have a $10million event, the planning behind it might be 4-5months, on site build for that event up to a month or so with the event itself being the very last thing on the critical path once all the pieces are in places over a period of only a few days.

Doing it is one thing...doing it RIGHT is entirely another and more often than not - that takes time.