Scared by this recent crash

2 minutes ago, Naki said:

I agree with this as well but the tethers are all just part of it look at the main poins of creation for the tethers. The first was when xrp challenged btc the second was when ethereum challenged btc and the third was when bcc challenged btc.

Btc has no utility it should be dying out to competition not growing.

You can also take in to account that when xrp ethereum and bcc went big exchanges went down and where untradeble until that fake tether stopped the run by buying more bitcoins. But when bitcoin runs on larger volume they work fine

The Tethers and Bitfinex scam having an impact on BTC's recent has the same chances as BTC not being a bubble coin in the making. I would have worried if Bithumb had huge volume in tethers.

Just now, JA8 said:

Perversely I actually hope that BTC does lose the battle to BCH, because I very much admire the goals of BCH and Roger Ver et al / Craig Wright (who really is Satoshi) Even if it causes a horrible systemic market-wide crash.

Personally id rather see ether or xrp take top spot would upend the market from so much reliance on bitcoin and actually foster real organic growth not fomo scam hype that btc is now.

But hoping atomic swaps can stop market reliance on btc

I hate the fact that during the correction , trading sites like coinbase and others were off , so you can't buy any BTC at low price. and when it went back to 10k , sites are working again..

Manipulation at it's finest

15 minutes ago, Naki said:

Personally id rather see ether or xrp take top spot would upend the market from so much reliance on bitcoin and actually foster real organic growth not fomo scam hype that btc is now.

But hoping atomic swaps can stop market reliance on btc

It's not in the running at this juncture. The shenanigans we're seeing in the market right now are collateral damage from the BTC / BCH spar.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Yes I'm fairly new to this field but coming from FX background, was quite ez to make profit in day/swing trade crypto. 

I'm sitting in the sidelines now and will wait to see what unfolds on the next couple weeks. Maybe into the new year. It' always hard balancing when to get back in as one can double or triple in like two weeks in crypto... 

The whole USDT issue is definitely worrying. I've been following this guy lately on Twitter and I'm getting more paranoid by the day to say the least. It's somehow very reassuring to invest in something solid like xrp, but at the same time, it is also traded against USDT on many exchanges. Kraken, poloniex, bittrex, just to name a few of the bigger ones.

4 minutes ago, qoiner said:

The whole USDT issue is definitely worrying. I've been following this guy lately on Twitter and I'm getting more paranoid by the day to say the least. It's somehow very reassuring to invest in something solid like xrp, but at the same time, it is also traded against USDT on many exchanges. Kraken, poloniex, bittrex, just to name a few of the bigger ones.

Is there a way in light of the scams and to make XRP and Ripple look legit, that they could say that using USDT is now no longer something they wish to continue with anymore, is there a way to stop that at all, I guess not eh?

No, I think the problem is the exchanges that also allow trading in USDT. Bittrex had their USDT deposits disabled in the last couple of days, but they still allow trading in those pairs. Same with all the other ones. I like bitstamp because they don't use USDT. Technically all these exchanges that use Tethers and Bitfinex above all since they're the masterminds behind this printing machine, will eventually get dragged along when it explodes. Unless they wise up and all exchanges except Bitfinex start delisting USDT pairs.

1 minute ago, Naki said:

http://omnichest.info/lookupadd.aspx?address=3MbYQMMmSkC3AgWkj9FMo5LsPTW1zBTwXL

They pumping out tethers like crazy right now to try keep bitcoin up

Yeah the pumping is becoming more and more bizarre these days, it's like they keep it going until it reaches the moon... I bet since this whole USD/USDT thing is pretty sensitive to the US government since they're the official issuer of USD, that something will happen sooner than later in terms of shut downs. But then again, I think the bitfinex peeps are tucked away safely in China, so who can touch them?

1 hour ago, Citizen88 said:

It's alarmed me to the extent that I'm thinking to pack up my bag and withdraw majority of my coins back to fiat... 

I think that is a bad idea. I have a feeling the mainstream adoption is happening in 2018.

Just now: https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/nasdaq-worlds-second-largest-stock-market-will-enable-bitcoin-futures-trading/

News like this keeps coming more frequently. Can't say for sure which coins will be the winners, but I will rather skip a meal a day than cash out my crypto holdings to dollars the next 6-12 months. I'm going to buy more. I haven't analyzed everything in detail like a professional financier, maybe it is just irrational FOMO. But no, I'm not leaving now. I sold 25 bitcoins for about $4000 a few years ago...not my finest hour.

But of course, I'm not loaning money to buy crypto, and I pay my rent first.

38 minutes ago, qoiner said:

But then again, I think the bitfinex peeps are tucked away safely in China, so who can touch them?

The cyber crime units of this world are most certainly watching and tracking all of this.  I mean, the gov’t just ordered all Coinbase accounts released with transactions above 20k and I am not sure what their motives really was.  Certainly not my privacy!

Edited by cryptoman