maverick00345

Could not buy Ripple on gatehub.

Hi all

I just started this account today. I signed on gatehub to purchase ripple. I already have a coinbase account. I want to trade some ETC to buy ripple. If i understand correctly , if you use gatehub account you have to setup a trust line to enable trading from one currency to other. But after doing that I get an unknown error(screenshot attached) while setting trust line. My account is verified on gatehub but I have not uploaded my address proof documents for identity verification. Did anybody have this problem?

As an alternative I tried setting up account on Kraken ,but to trade ripple coins you need to have your account verified which for me it says the feature is not available for me. 

Please help!! Thanks in advance

Screen Shot 2017-11-25 at 5.53.48 PM.png

Hello @maverick00345 

I had the same issue. Its seems like you don't have a activated ripple wallet in gatehub. You will either have to activate the ripple wallet that gatehub gives you or else you can import your current ripple wallet to gatehub wallets( in case you have a wallet in other websites). If you are new to ripple then you will have to use some exchange site to deposit ripples ( say 25xrp) to your gatehub ripple address. That must be enough to activate it. Later you can enable trust lines but it would cost you an extra 5 xrp so I advise you to deposit at least 30 xrp just to be safe. You can then use eth to buy ripples in gatehub.

hope it helps.

Hi all

Thanks for the reply. I found a hack to deposit ripple in my gatehub account from my coinbase account using changelly website. I can see the ripple being deposited but the problem is  gatehub says that it cannot process it further since I did not set the trust line. Is it necessary to give my credentials to gatehub to verify my identity? Is that the only possible way to get this problem fixed. I am **** scared to put more ripple money in my wallet thinking my account is dead if i am not able to process my money .

Cheers

19 hours ago, maverick00345 said:

Hi all

Thanks for the reply. I found a hack to deposit ripple in my gatehub account from my coinbase account using changelly website. I can see the ripple being deposited but the problem is  gatehub says that it cannot process it further since I did not set the trust line. Is it necessary to give my credentials to gatehub to verify my identity? Is that the only possible way to get this problem fixed. I am **** scared to put more ripple money in my wallet thinking my account is dead if i am not able to process my money .

Cheers

You dont need to give your credentials for handling cryptos ( like btc to xrp etc). Can you now see xrp deposited in your ripple wallet  ? You'd need to set trust line to btc fifth if you want to deposit bitcoins to your gatehub and exchange them into xrp. if not you can carry your method of adding xrp to your ripple wallet. 

Hi @ramxbx

I see 198 ripple deposited to my wallet address when I exchanged some of my eth through https://changelly.com/ to deposit ripple in my gatehub wallet. But whenever i try to enable that trust line it gives me the same error(may be leading to my same thought that account is not verified). If you say I dont need to get credentials ,can I transfer my ripple back to my coinbase wallet address? Thanks again for your response!

-maverick00345 

Be aware, if you use changelly they usually hit you for quite a bit over market price (5-10%), so just do some comparisons before chosing to exchange one way or another.

Hi and welcome @maverick00345. You are correct, a wallet has to be funded first to receive and/or trade assets. Wallet funding options can be done via Bithomp (steps found here) or via other methods listed under links and resources.

To receive payments from another wallet after funding trust lines are not needed unless you are looking to hold a issued token or IOU from that wallet, ie. you 'trust' that issuer to back and honour their token. Since XRP is trustless and native no trust lines are needed for wallet to wallet transfers (why changelly works).

To establish trust lines on Gatehub there are guides and tutorials found here: https://support.gatehub.net/hc/en-us/sections/115001027749-Getting-started

On 12/11/2017 at 9:03 AM, Mercury said:

Hi and welcome @maverick00345. You are correct, a wallet has to be funded first to receive and/or trade assets. Wallet funding options can be done via Bithomp (steps found here) or via other methods listed under links and resources.

To receive payments from another wallet after funding trust lines are not needed unless you are looking to hold a issued token or IOU from that wallet, ie. you 'trust' that issuer to back and honour their token. Since XRP is trustless and native no trust lines are needed for wallet to wallet transfers (why changelly works).

To establish trust lines on Gatehub there are guides and tutorials found here: https://support.gatehub.net/hc/en-us/sections/115001027749-Getting-started

Hi. I am having a similar issue. I've been waiting since December 12th for my account to be verified (insert anger here). Wanting to invest in XRP, I read that I could deposit some BTC into GateHub wallet instead of waiting for my account to be verified. My intention was to use some of the BTC to pay the 20 XRP to activate my wallet. So, I made the deposit but I keep getting the missing trustline email and I cannot set the trust line because my wallet hasn't been funded yet with the 20 XRP. I'm in a vicious circle. Do I have to fund my wallet via another (expensive) channel? 

Right now, I wish I could just deactivate my GateHub account and be done with it, but I have BTC hanging out there in cyberspace, waiting for my trustline to set.

Please help me find a happy path!

1 hour ago, Asprilla said:

Hi. I am having a similar issue. I've been waiting since December 12th for my account to be verified (insert anger here). Wanting to invest in XRP, I read that I could deposit some BTC into GateHub wallet instead of waiting for my account to be verified. My intention was to use some of the BTC to pay the 20 XRP to activate my wallet. So, I made the deposit but I keep getting the missing trustline email and I cannot set the trust line because my wallet hasn't been funded yet with the 20 XRP. I'm in a vicious circle. Do I have to fund my wallet via another (expensive) channel? 

Right now, I wish I could just deactivate my GateHub account and be done with it, but I have BTC hanging out there in cyberspace, waiting for my trustline to set.

Please help me find a happy path!

been there done that. the issue with gatehub is that you cannot use your btc hosted wallet to fund your primary ripple wallet for activation. Till that ripple wallet is activated you cannot use trade option and also sending btc out of gatehub is quite expensive. The only easy way is to fund your ripple wallet by asking any of your friend having ripple wallet to send you money or else you gotta use any exchange sites like shapeshift.io to fund your ripple wallet. I didnt wanted to buy any more btc so i had to send btc from gatehub to shapeshift and got my xrp wallet funded.