Zen1

Possible Ripple / Revolut tie up

14 minutes ago, Zen1 said:

The cryptocurrency presentation starts at around 32 minutes in and towards the end Ripple is spoken about. If you watch from the very beginning initially there is no sound.  

Link please

I'm not sure I get it, but maybe that's because I don't know revolut (looked it up of course to get a basic idea). It looks like they target something that should in the end be dealt with through Interledger Protocol or not? I don't get the idea why desiring another middleman?

9 minutes ago, Amigo said:

I'm not sure I get it, but maybe that's because I don't know revolut (looked it up of course to get a basic idea). It looks like they target something that should in the end be dealt with through Interledger Protocol or not? I don't get the idea why desiring another middleman?

I think that presention is a true milestone in *New* banking. What crypto needs is mass adoption and acceptance and BTC ETH LTC and hopefully XRP integration onto the Resolut platform I believe represents a big step forward towards those two goals.

52 minutes ago, Amigo said:

I posted this one earlier

This looks like something worth watching (following) and also watching, as in the video.  if you watch the video, at the end, the speaker says, i "So actually, we're speaking to Ripple next week,.  They're very keen to be added to our platform." I don't know the date of this presentation, or whether or not the meeting with Ripple has yet happened, but that's somewhat encouraging.  Thanks for posting, @Zen1

Edited by Sharkey

10 hours ago, Sharkey said:

This looks like something worth watching (following) and also watching, as in the video.  if you watch the video, at the end, the speaker says, i "So actually, we're speaking to Ripple next week,.  They're very keen to be added to our platform." I don't know the date of this presentation, or whether or not the meeting with Ripple has yet happened, but that's somewhat encouraging.  Thanks for posting, @Zen1

Thanks ...please see my post below.

Edited by Zen1

The presention was yesterday evening UK time.... I watched it live then posted.

If you look up Revolut they are a relatively new company but that's a massive plus with respect to being able to start with a clean slate as far as Ripple/crypto integration is concerned, unlike other more established banks that have maybe lifetimes of doing things a 'certain way' around their necks. For those banks change is hard, hopefully for Revolut who have smart young forward thinkers at the helm the future ought to be a very bright one.

I see they have now  just signed up their millionth customer, no mean feat considering they've apparently achieved that without spending anything on marketing. So at the moment that's one million people who if the Ripple/Revolut tie up goes ahead will have the opportunity to hold, buy and use XRP . Sounds good to me.

Edited by Zen1

Revolut has just passed 1 million users, and are growing rapidly. I have used them for more than a year, and only have good things to say. You can hold and exchange 23 (I believe it is) different FIAT currencies at interbank-rates, and you can add to your Revolut card in your own currency.

Their approach to cryptos seems sensible for non-techies, just letting people change back and forth without a wallet. If XRP is added, as he alluded to, that would mean a new segment being opened for XRP, I think. Also, their 1,5% charge to buy cryptos might seem steep, but is actually cheaper than most other options, except for bank transfers (which take a good while longer).

I've been with Revolut for a few months now and have just asked for more info about this from their Support team. Not expecting much insight but will keep you posted either way.

(Their bot has just replied to let me know that they're extremely busy atm and will get back to me in ~ 2 hours....)

Edited by Let_her_Ripple
ETA for response

The one major think banks have over startups like revolut is yber security. They spend hundreds of billions on it every year. There was no mention whatsoever of security using revolut. 

On another note, I couldn't help thinking that 1. ILP would benefit them and, 2. XRP ledger/Ripple's autobridging, ability to issue&trade any asset whatsoever would be a perfect match for these guys. Far more than just issuing the XRP token, there could be a much deeper, more fruitful partnership between the two. After all, Revolut promises exactly the sort of capabilities I'd hoped from Ripple >12 months ago. Maybe Ripple will even buy Revolut in time? Who knows, but the Ripple team are smart. 

Very cool

I have been using Revolut for about a year, no problems so far, I just dont like the yearly max top up.

I also heard they would be introducing btc and maybe others to their card services

They recently applied for a banking lic, to be able to hold deposits and offer credit.

I recently sent money to and frome Bitstamp using Revolut, very fast turn around

man o man if they use Ripple, even    f a s t e r

Edited by pucksterpete