CubanMiner

Still waiting for that big pop?

Thanks for sharing your perspective but we all have different strategies that we adopt. Most laypeople who try to time the market will get it wrong. I’m a long term HODLer and I’m not veering from that strategy. 

I’m pretty confident I’ll retire a millionaire thanks to XRP. I’m not worrying about $1,000 profit here or there. 

Edited by MatinMontreal

3 hours ago, CryptoGerrie said:

The XRP chat and reddit channel with nice people is a reflection of that.

There's something to be said about that. The discussions on this forum are much more civilised and courteous than anything I've seen in other forums. After about 4-5 posts, the thread descends into name calling, vulgarity or references to Hitler.

Actually, it reminds me of the very early Bitcoin threads on sourceforge circa 2009. Seemed a bit nerdy and technical and dry till it started to get out of control. Who knows, maybe in 5 years time, the kiddies will look at this forum in wonder and amazement at how things remained so modest and polite and also how we picked the One.

3 hours ago, CryptoGerrie said:

Hi @CubanMiner , happy to see you are so enthusiastic about trading. Not sure if it really is that technical as you tell everyone, there is a lot of emotion involved as well.  I have been trading since 2000 and in all honestly never knew what I was doing. Just traded the stocks that seems to be interesting,  but more important fitted my ideology. I traded Tesla because I love their concept of electric cars. I started in Bitcoins in 2012 because I was in a bar in Berlin and saw a sign "pay with bitcoin" that pulled my attention. I liked the whole idea of disruption the bank industry.

I sometimes did what you did, deviate from my path and just started trading the short term winners. But by doing so, I even lost money on bitcoin having to buy back later. This summer I sold my bitcoins and bought a house with it. I thought the best move ever,  after two months I could have bought two. But i don't regret is, cause at the end my risk is currently lower.

My point is... yes you are right, that with TA and a bit of luck you theoretically can make more money. But you need to have a shitload of knowledge like guys on this forum @Elitefoo is an example. But if you stick to a company that you like of their vision, you will also be rewarded. Hence why i went all in on Ripple. I simple love the company, the open way off communication. The XRP chat and reddit channel with nice people is a reflection of that. This company will be successful. The biggest question, will XRP be? I think it will be, but will take some time.  

My advise to you is,  spread your portfolio. 70% in long positions (would recommend XRP). use the other 30% to play around with and make short margin profits.

woot woot look at that, I have been summoned.  Hello all :)

@CubanMiner Bro of course make money where you can.  No one here is married to XRP  you're not cheating on it when you buy other coins.  XRP already has a huge market cap, we're probably not gonna get 300% swings on the reg like micros.  But we will pop and you never know when that's gonna happen. 

9 hours ago, CubanMiner said:

Guys, I understand that you believe in XRP as do I.  I believe in it for the long term.  But let's face it, a lot of people in this forum and others like it are not fortunate enough to come out of the womb with big pockets and the ability to buy a large position and sit on it for 5 years hoping that one day they will make a nice profit.  That's why I started trading XLM, Power Ledger, and other coins.  For those of us that would like to take gains consistently and increase our holding by trading intelligently, holding XRP forever is not going to do it.  That why I recommend learning about candlestick technical analysis.  Bollingrt bands, stochastics, MACD, and simple moving average are good places to start.  I just sold my XRP a couple of days ago when the news broke that the Australian government was granting Power Ledger 8 million dollars for their energy swapping blockchain solutions fueled by POWR.  I made  $1000 trading power while XRP mostly stayed flat during the period I was in on POWR.  The point is, if you want to really make a lot of money in this game, do yourself a favor and educate yourself on the fundamentals of technical analysis and look for good opportunities with low entry points and solid volumes.  Learn how to stomach volatility and come out on the winning side because you traded with technical indicators.  Believe me, it's scientific, it works and you can use those gains to get back into XRP holding more in your bag than you started out with.  The price of XRP is not going to suddenly skyrocket anytime soon and if it does go up while you're away, chances are your gains from your smart trades will far exceed what you would have gained by just sitting on Ripple forever.  Good luck traders. 

I hope you don't give financial advice to youth.  

It has been proved algorithmically, that the only scenario, when one can beat the odds doing day trading most of the time, is – price growing or declining monotonously. The very moment swings begin, you're one-on-one with luck. And there... , well there "the house always wins". Actually IDK, who wins, but it's not the small investor/trader for sure. Lemme give an example: for about 5 years the most predictable way to earn on trading was by selling options on S&P500 E-minis. It produced 40+% PA. This era ended in February 2017 and the reasons are unknown to most of me. Was it CBOT changing formulas, or something else? NK. The usable option pairs just gradually lost profitability and back-testing (smth similar to TA) lost predictability, and the money went to the "house". I'd be very cautious with TA. It works until it does not.

Edited by rom
E-minis and a comma

8 hours ago, RippleNZ said:

Cuba - Show us what you got.  We don't need numbers but, say start with a nominal $100.00 and tell us what you bought, why you bought it, how long you kept it, when you sold it, why you sold it, and what the result was? The good, the bad and the ugly (i.e no ex post facto rationalizations).

I know it might take a bit of time, but you do seem to have plenty of that (judging by the repetitive nature of your posts) and it would demonstrate the truth of what you are saying viz a vis the HODL technique which is the only strategy that I, and I suspect most, have.

If its as good as you say, I might ask you to manage my portfolio.

thanks.

Id rather see a screen shot of trade history

12 hours ago, CubanMiner said:

For those of us that would like to take gains consistently and increase our holding by trading intelligently, holding XRP forever is not going to do it.

Just reading your post again. Make me wonder if I am not trading "intelligently"... I am literally sitting like a chicken on a very big egg full with XRP.  I can tell you, it feels pretty warm!! There are a few scenarios.

A) You are right and I miss the bandwagon. But happened to me before a million times in trading, but I learned that FOMO killed my positions in the past. B ) I am right and XRP makes a huge jump and my big egg explodes.

If it explodes, either @RegalChicken comes out. But more likely I am sitting in the sun smoking a very big Cuban Cigar. It can also be both, cause being in the 1% zone I am happy to fly him in to share some drinks.

Doesn't mean I don't like critics. Your advice is probably with good intentions!

I'm just going to repost this.

As of October 24th, someone could have been using dollar cost averaging for the past few months and today they'd be sitting pretty.

In fact I'll pick a random day and say Monday. If a person had bought ripple for the last 6 mondays they would have paid $.185,  $.18, $.204, $.27, $.26, $.19

That's an average of $.21 and today we sit at $.21. so, i mean... a weekly accumulation for someone who likes the company probably will yield a fine price if the asset is worth holding at all. 

Day trading is gambling, that's it.  I've done it, and I've done it successfully, but despite that I still wouldn't recommend it. If you believe in an assets value, then accumulate via dollar cost averaging and HODL. that's the simplest way to increase wealth, and it has worked forever. 

The truth is, recommending technical analysis, to potential crypto investors, as opposed to diligent fundamental analysis, will be met with loss more often than not. Anyone here, who is not extremely experienced with Technical Analysis should look to fundamental analysis, and buy and hold (if they want to make money). Otherwise, sooner or later (most likely sooner) you will lose everything to the Sharks.

Edited by battered_lifer

10 hours ago, vanhalendlrband said:

Powr shows how new likes that can take off prices. I'm very interested to see how far this thing can go too. It looks like it could do more.

I think XRP will be doing a lot more soon than what it has been for months

Yeah but look at the number of coins in circulation.  It's only about 350 million versus the billions and billions in circulation for XRP.  That is what psychologically keeps the price down.  Until hundreds of banks are actually using XRP speculation will not drive the price to astronomical levels.  I think they will steadily increase over time with some great 10% return days in between.  HODLing is less risky that day trading, that's for sure, but man are there some great opportunities out there if you can spot them.  Power Ledger is up 32% since last night when I posted about this.

10 hours ago, Naki said:

Im guessing the guys that actually listen to you are still waiting for that recovery for XLM after buying in at the 800 satoshis you recommended.

You want a bit of advice Traders win traders lose this short term **** you keep trying to push can work but it could also burn you and stop trying to pass off like you have any idea of the market or are doing anything but buying after something has already started to go.

That being said yes powerledger has done well and did well straight after the IPO i bought into but now is looking to near top and im out but you dont see me telling everyone look at my good buy because my next may be **** this is for xrp speculation post in alt coins if your pushing this it adds nothing here.

and if you really are any good at trading why not give a tip before something goes instead of claiming you knew and bought in before it went .

so here i wont just tell you after it does it il give you the next one thats promising for free that i hold it may do well it may not but quantstamp had already doubled for me from the ipo after listing today before you come in a week if it goes big to say you bought

800 satoshis back then was not worth what it is today, hence the decline.  Look at the USD price, not the BTC price

4 hours ago, Eric123 said:

@CubanMiner Bro of course make money where you can.  No one here is married to XRP  you're not cheating on it when you buy other coins.  XRP already has a huge market cap, we're probably not gonna get 300% swings on the reg like micros.  But we will pop and you never know when that's gonna happen. 

I agree with everything you said except for the "no one here is married to XRP comment."  There are definitely some fanatics here.  It's ok though, I can handle attacks from 12 year olds.

49 minutes ago, CryptoGerrie said:

Just reading your post again. Make me wonder if I am not trading "intelligently"... I am literally sitting like a chicken on a very big egg full with XRP.  I can tell you, it feels pretty warm!! There are a few scenarios.

A) You are right and I miss the bandwagon. But happened to me before a million times in trading, but I learned that FOMO killed my positions in the past. B ) I am right and XRP makes a huge jump and my big egg explodes.

If it explodes, either @RegalChicken comes out. But more likely I am sitting in the sun smoking a very big Cuban Cigar. It can also be both, cause being in the 1% zone I am happy to fly him in to share some drinks.

Doesn't mean I don't like critics. Your advice is probably with good intentions!

Would you rather throw a dart and hope for a bullseye or blast it with a shotgun?  What approach has higher odds of hitting that bullseye?  DIVERSIFY.  Beta coefficients statistically prove the mitigation of risk that diversification brings to any portfolio.

hos 

1 minute ago, CubanMiner said:

Would you rather throw a dart and hope for a bullseye or blast it with a shotgun?  What approach has higher odds of hitting that bullseye?  DIVERSIFY.  Beta coefficients statistically prove the mitigation of risk that diversification brings to any portfolio.

hos 

Did you hear me saying I don't Diversify?? I do, but just not hedging with your crypto suggestions.. But my "opinion" if you try to forecast the cryptomarket, by jumping on and off on different ICO's or "young coins" traveling on rumors. Then I bet you, you will lose money. One simple reason is the trading pairs... so you most likely need to go over BTC or ETH to trade. With that only plus the trade commissions, it is tricky and hard to make money. Doesn't say it can't be done with a bit of luck.

But yeah you are talking with a XRP fan, so hard to convince I guess ;)