CubanMiner

Still waiting for that big pop?

Guys, I understand that you believe in XRP as do I.  I believe in it for the long term.  But let's face it, a lot of people in this forum and others like it are not fortunate enough to come out of the womb with big pockets and the ability to buy a large position and sit on it for 5 years hoping that one day they will make a nice profit.  That's why I started trading XLM, Power Ledger, and other coins.  For those of us that would like to take gains consistently and increase our holding by trading intelligently, holding XRP forever is not going to do it.  That why I recommend learning about candlestick technical analysis.  Bollingrt bands, stochastics, MACD, and simple moving average are good places to start.  I just sold my XRP a couple of days ago when the news broke that the Australian government was granting Power Ledger 8 million dollars for their energy swapping blockchain solutions fueled by POWR.  I made  $1000 trading power while XRP mostly stayed flat during the period I was in on POWR.  The point is, if you want to really make a lot of money in this game, do yourself a favor and educate yourself on the fundamentals of technical analysis and look for good opportunities with low entry points and solid volumes.  Learn how to stomach volatility and come out on the winning side because you traded with technical indicators.  Believe me, it's scientific, it works and you can use those gains to get back into XRP holding more in your bag than you started out with.  The price of XRP is not going to suddenly skyrocket anytime soon and if it does go up while you're away, chances are your gains from your smart trades will far exceed what you would have gained by just sitting on Ripple forever.  Good luck traders. 

There's been lot of analysis of the approach you're taking (which is effectively trading on sentiment) versus buying and hodling.

If you think you can time the market consistently for the next 5 years, congratulations, because you are doing something not even the very best traders in the business can do consistently (i.e. beat the indices consistently, year after year).

I agree that it's worthwhile learning the basics of technical analysis but

21 minutes ago, CubanMiner said:

Believe me, it's scientific, it works and you can use those gains to get back into XRP holding more in your bag than you started out with.

It definitely isn't scientific if you start your sentence with "believe me". Belief has nothing to do with it.

Show us your results over the past 2 years compared against buying and hodling the assets and let us come to our own conclusions...

We are all entitled to our own opinions.  Learning the fundamentals of technical  analysis is a good idea for anyone engaged in buying or selling any security, currency, or cryptocurrency. Even in a HODL situation, technical analysis can come in handy when you are determining what your best exit strategy might be. 

Besides, I think it's always best to be on both sides of a trade and to rely on technical signals to execute smartly timed trades. That way you make money when the market moves up and you make money when the market moves down.  In other words, never put all your eggs in one basket.  I won't go into beta coefficients here, but you're a smart guy and you know where I'm going with this. 

The movement on POWR tokens has been pretty damn good. I bought in at 14 cents not even 3 weeks ago now, and then it hit 1$AUD on monday. Well worth the wait. lol.

I would rather happily and patiently wait for my XRPs to one day do the same thing too, than sell and miss out, as major price movements in this space always seem to happen in the blink of an eye. Too easy to miss; too painful to bear.

Most people should already know to diversify, which makes it a lot easier to be patient (vent your impatience on the less important ones and hodl xrp with confidence).

Edited by Morgan

42 minutes ago, Morgan said:

The movement on POWR tokens has been pretty damn good. I bought in at 14 cents not even 3 weeks ago now, and then it hit 1$AUD on monday. Well worth the wait. lol.

I would rather happily and patiently wait for my XRPs to one day do the same thing too, than sell and miss out, as major price movements in this space always seem to happen in the blink of an eye. Too easy to miss; too painful to bear.

Most people should already know to diversify, which makes it a lot easier to be patient (vent your impatience on the less important ones and hodl xrp with confidence).

Powr shows how new likes that can take off prices. I'm very interested to see how far this thing can go too. It looks like it could do more.

I think XRP will be doing a lot more soon than what it has been for months

Cuba - Show us what you got.  We don't need numbers but, say start with a nominal $100.00 and tell us what you bought, why you bought it, how long you kept it, when you sold it, why you sold it, and what the result was? The good, the bad and the ugly (i.e no ex post facto rationalizations).

I know it might take a bit of time, but you do seem to have plenty of that (judging by the repetitive nature of your posts) and it would demonstrate the truth of what you are saying viz a vis the HODL technique which is the only strategy that I, and I suspect most, have.

If its as good as you say, I might ask you to manage my portfolio.

thanks.

2 hours ago, CubanMiner said:

Guys, I understand that you believe in XRP as do I.  I believe in it for the long term.  But let's face it, a lot of people in this forum and others like it are not fortunate enough to come out of the womb with big pockets and the ability to buy a large position and sit on it for 5 years hoping that one day they will make a nice profit.  That's why I started trading XLM, Power Ledger, and other coins.  For those of us that would like to take gains consistently and increase our holding by trading intelligently, holding XRP forever is not going to do it.  That why I recommend learning about candlestick technical analysis.  Bollingrt bands, stochastics, MACD, and simple moving average are good places to start.  I just sold my XRP a couple of days ago when the news broke that the Australian government was granting Power Ledger 8 million dollars for their energy swapping blockchain solutions fueled by POWR.  I made  $1000 trading power while XRP mostly stayed flat during the period I was in on POWR.  The point is, if you want to really make a lot of money in this game, do yourself a favor and educate yourself on the fundamentals of technical analysis and look for good opportunities with low entry points and solid volumes.  Learn how to stomach volatility and come out on the winning side because you traded with technical indicators.  Believe me, it's scientific, it works and you can use those gains to get back into XRP holding more in your bag than you started out with.  The price of XRP is not going to suddenly skyrocket anytime soon and if it does go up while you're away, chances are your gains from your smart trades will far exceed what you would have gained by just sitting on Ripple forever.  Good luck traders. 

Im guessing the guys that actually listen to you are still waiting for that recovery for XLM after buying in at the 800 satoshis you recommended.

You want a bit of advice Traders win traders lose this short term **** you keep trying to push can work but it could also burn you and stop trying to pass off like you have any idea of the market or are doing anything but buying after something has already started to go.

That being said yes powerledger has done well and did well straight after the IPO i bought into but now is looking to near top and im out but you dont see me telling everyone look at my good buy because my next may be **** this is for xrp speculation post in alt coins if your pushing this it adds nothing here.

and if you really are any good at trading why not give a tip before something goes instead of claiming you knew and bought in before it went .

so here i wont just tell you after it does it il give you the next one thats promising for free that i hold it may do well it may not but quantstamp had already doubled for me from the ipo after listing today before you come in a week if it goes big to say you bought

Hi @CubanMiner , happy to see you are so enthusiastic about trading. Not sure if it really is that technical as you tell everyone, there is a lot of emotion involved as well.  I have been trading since 2000 and in all honestly never knew what I was doing. Just traded the stocks that seems to be interesting,  but more important fitted my ideology. I traded Tesla because I love their concept of electric cars. I started in Bitcoins in 2012 because I was in a bar in Berlin and saw a sign "pay with bitcoin" that pulled my attention. I liked the whole idea of disruption the bank industry.

I sometimes did what you did, deviate from my path and just started trading the short term winners. But by doing so, I even lost money on bitcoin having to buy back later. This summer I sold my bitcoins and bought a house with it. I thought the best move ever,  after two months I could have bought two. But i don't regret is, cause at the end my risk is currently lower.

My point is... yes you are right, that with TA and a bit of luck you theoretically can make more money. But you need to have a shitload of knowledge like guys on this forum @Elitefoo is an example. But if you stick to a company that you like of their vision, you will also be rewarded. Hence why i went all in on Ripple. I simple love the company, the open way off communication. The XRP chat and reddit channel with nice people is a reflection of that. This company will be successful. The biggest question, will XRP be? I think it will be, but will take some time.  

My advise to you is,  spread your portfolio. 70% in long positions (would recommend XRP). use the other 30% to play around with and make short margin profits.

Edited by CryptoGerrie

3 hours ago, CubanMiner said:

Just trying to educate.  

I'm not sure TA has any relevance whatsoever in the crypto space.  This is new territory now and there needs to

be years of data gathering before any decent TA can emerge.

4 hours ago, CubanMiner said:

Another post promoting Stellar Lumens. Like I already said in the past, beware of this poster.

4 hours ago, CubanMiner said:

Just trying to educate.  

You made profit by going long in a bubble market.

Teach me master.