CubanMiner

So Amex Announcement only gives Ripple a 1 penny push?

Wow guys, what a horrible day.  It only seems like its going to get worse.  Looks like there is absolutely no buy support as the bears are demolishing the price of XRP.  It may even end up cheaper than when the AMEX partnership was announced.  Crazy right?  I really don't get it.  What I do get is that lots of people are probably losing money at this point on this trade if they bought on the way up.  This is another pump and dump.  Sickening.  I'm tired of Ripple doing this every single time.  I have made so much more money with Stellar Lumens.  I'll keepp Holding because you don't realize a loss until you sell, but my God this is frustrating. Not to mention the opportunity cost since you are basically stuck in a trade.  Will we ever catch a real break with XRP?  God help us!

10 minutes ago, CubanMiner said:

Wow guys, what a horrible day.  It only seems like its going to get worse.  Looks like there is absolutely no buy support as the bears are demolishing the price of XRP.  It may even end up cheaper than when the AMEX partnership was announced.  Crazy right?  I really don't get it.  What I do get is that lots of people are probably losing money at this point on this trade if they bought on the way up.  This is another pump and dump.  Sickening.  I'm tired of Ripple doing this every single time.  I have made so much more money with Stellar Lumens.  I'll keepp Holding because you don't realize a loss until you sell, but my God this is frustrating. Not to mention the opportunity cost since you are basically stuck in a trade.  Will we ever catch a real break with XRP?  God help us!

Just hold and your patience will get rewarded, at least now we can stop speculating IF it will be used globally.

Seems more like I'm being punished than rewarded for being a loyal XRP holder.  I'm sick and tired of this.  Same thing happened with the conference.  I'm telling you, Stellar has given me much better results.

CubanMiner - I am sure everyone on this forum has seen your constant comments b***** about Ripple. How does Ripple have any control over how people speculate over xrp? You have to understand there a lot of people who just want a quick money grab (like yourself) who constantly want to just ride the next wave. Today Ripple got unlucky with the timing of their announcement. When people see Bitcoin surging to new ATH majority are going to jump on board.

sell your xrp and enjoy your lumens or whatever useless currency you would like. 

35 minutes ago, CubanMiner said:

Why are you in such a panic? Everything is going according to plan. This bump was a results of a few extra dollars thrown in the mix. Take a look at the today's volume. Do you realize how much volume will take to uprise XRP to 40 cents? XRP needs a steady daily volume of at least 9 zeros, for the price to start creeping up. 

Just now, CubanMiner said:

Seems more like I'm being punished than rewarded for being a loyal XRP holder.  I'm sick and tired of this.  Same thing happened with the conference.  I'm telling you, Stellar has given me much better results.

I understand your frustration. However, this kind of pump and dump is not surprising. Ripple expects the price of XRP to increase in tandem with it's use increasing organically. AMEX is a HUGE client with optimistic long term potential to help XRP become the standard.

Just remember short term( 1-2 years) Ripple is focused on signing up new clients in multiple locales, bootstrapping them on RippleNet and encouraging XRP's use.

You'll see a healthy increase in XRP's price when:

1. XRP use for cross border payments and other use cases start providing value for millions of customers.
  2. XRP's daily trade volume averages in the billions(Escpically against Fiat) 
  3. XRP being used in place of Nostro accounts
  4. And others...

Also, just give the market time to consume the news. We might see a massive XRP break out in the coming months without any immediate news that would have triggered it.

I personally just diversify and HODL, trading in this young risky market is an emotional rollercoaster.

I dont always agree with Cuban Miners posts but I share his frustration on this one.

I think anyone also owns XLM in this forum sees how much less friction is against it compared to XRP. Which is kind of odd that they're pretty much copying Ripple, yet the crypto community doesnt hate Stellar

Wish we could buy stock in Ripple the company

53 minutes ago, CubanMiner said:

From what I can see, XLM is down today and XRP is up, with over a billion $USD on volume. 

Anyone who bought Aug-Sept at $. 15-.18 is up like 40%+.

Who on wall street is making 40% in two months? 

XRP is up what, 4000% in the last 12months?

Like I said before you can't see the forest for the trees. 

Who cares about short term swing traders. 

Amex runs some 150+ billion transactions a year. How much volume will that drive? 

Keep in mind that today's peak price happened off more like $200million in volume. Not the full $1billion that came after the days high. 

Keep in mind the 100-160+ other FIs that Ripple is already working with. And once they go love on XRP. 

And hedge funds, mutual funds, retail buyers, futures traders, coinbase maybe, etc. 

We haven't even scratched the surface. 

Who cares about prices at $. 15-.30? You should have your eyes on $10+

1 hour ago, CubanMiner said:

You say stellar Lumens however Lumens is down.   Its been going down after that IBM pump.

5 minutes ago, bx549 said:

The way I look at it is that I am holding for at least one year (no matter what). I don't want to pay short term capital gains (US) anyway.

HAHA -- thats the beauty of this... WHAT SHORT TERM CAPITAL GAINS TAX?!

33 minutes ago, bx549 said:

The way I look at it is that I am holding for at least one year (no matter what). I don't want to pay short term capital gains (US) anyway.

My understanding that you only have to pay tax when you trade back to fiat. So you could trade between multiple cryptos without getting taxed